Quantcast
question for the dog experts/lovers. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: question for the dog experts/lovers.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Default question for the dog experts/lovers.

its becoming more and more apparent that my puppy isnt a puppy anymore and hes starting to get arthritis in his back hips. hes just having a harder time getting up, being a larger breed dog, (irish wolf hound). is there any suppliments that i can give him for his hips? ive heard that shark cartilage and some fish oils are good to help their joints but was just curious if anyone on here had tried or can recommend anything that might help my pooch out.! thanks!
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Blazaah

I would take him to the vet see what they recomened, could be hip displaysia, and want to make sure you treat it properly

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 06:32 AM.

My GF's aunt owns a place that does hydrotherapy for dogs, but the business is located in Edmonton. Here is a link to the site http://www.dogsaquatherapy.com/# Hopefully there is a place in Calgary that offers similar services. Also I recall a friend’s dog having arthritis I think her vet recommended glucosamine pills either way I agree with the previous two posts go see a vet and see what they think is best. Hope your dog gets better.

My Ride
    honda with fart can

Iv got two labs that have back problems and glucosamine is the best thing for them! without it they can barely make it through a 10 minute walk but while taking 1000mg per day, they are fine for upto 45 minutes and don't "cripple up" afterwards.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by ringmaster
    Iv got two labs that have back problems and glucosamine is the best thing for them! without it they can barely make it through a 10 minute walk but while taking 1000mg per day, they are fine for upto 45 minutes and don't "cripple up" afterwards.
    This is exactly the same senario with our 9 year old collie. Once a day we put it on his food and he has been much better.

We also noticed that we have to keep his exercise more consistant. On days where we miss a walk he stiffens up. The intensity of the walk doesn;t need to be high but the consitancy does.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

I agree with the last 2 posts.

Glucosamine has helped out a number of dogs in families I know with no side effects. It's the wonder drug for older dogs experiencing symptoms that your dog is.
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

Originally posted by Lee_8
    My GF's aunt owns a place that does hydrotherapy for dogs, but the business is located in Edmonton. Here is a link to the site http://www.dogsaquatherapy.com/# Hopefully there is a place in Calgary that offers similar services. Also I recall a friend’s dog having arthritis I think her vet recommended glucosamine pills either way I agree with the previous two posts go see a vet and see what they think is best. Hope your dog gets better.
    Calgary has one as well, Pawsitively Pooched is the name of the place.

How much glucosamine do you give them? My Shepherd is slowing down these days and Id like to start adding some to her food. She is 67lbs.

Thanks

My Ride
    92 Prelude 4ws

SarahLynn: See a veterenarian .. I hope you care more about your shepherd than to take vet advice, let alone on drug dosages for your pet, on beyond.ca
    DannyO

Oh yea, I also met Doris..

Originally posted by yohan4ws
    SarahLynn: See a veterenarian .. I hope you care more about your shepherd than to take vet advice, let alone on drug dosages for your pet, on beyond.ca
    Of course. It was for a rough estimate for budgeting puposes, i would never take anyones advice on drugs as the bible. My fault though, I should have made my intentions more clear!

Thanks!