Ran into a little trouble when I bought a new cellphone. I upgraded to a new Motorola from my old Audiovox on a Pay and Talk plan. Followed the web site as far as switching handsets (cost $10 to switch) so I could keep the same number but the new phone still came up "Activation Required" and I couldn't call out. I went to a Telus Mobility booth in the mall and the guy said it needed to be programmed and he would have to charge $25 to program it. So I said no thanks I'll do it myself. Couple of hours of reading the supplied documentation and surfing and finally phoning the activation 1-888 number (they also wanted $25 to program the handset) and I stumbled upon *22803. I dialed this number into the new phone and Voila! new cell phone programmed and activated! I kinda feel dumb that I didn't know to do this but for some reason there is no record of this *22803 number anywhere on the Telus site, in their documentation nor is there any record of this number in Beyond forums. And $25 to enter a simple number? WTF! All I hope to accomplish is to save someone the $25 somewhere down the road.