Quantcast
Question to STI owners - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Question to STI owners

My Ride
    Giant Reign

Default Question to STI owners

I guess this is a question to all car owners out there, specifically subaru in calgary. My friend just got an 05 STI and the rear passenger strut is done. He took it into the dealership (I'm assuming the one by GW cycle with jaguar dealership) and they said they'd replace under warrantee. He asked for an alignment since they'll have the suspension apart and they said they won't do that since they'll just mark the parts and make sure they line up again. I told him they're a bunch of dickheads, how can they 'mark' the pieces and get it to withing a couple of degrees? My question is should they be expected to do the aligment or not?
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Several studies have investigated the relationship between intelligence and the degree of religious belief (excluding humanism), with most showing an inverse correlation between intelligence averages and the "importance of religion" to the testee.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

There isn't much adjustment on the rear struts. Marking the parts is fine. They aren't being dickheads.

To get more camber out of the rear, you have to get camber bolts or a kit. You might get 0.1 degrees of change if you have a buddy pulling on the wheel while you tighten the bolts.

When mine got replaced under warranty , they didnt need to align them again. They are being dick heads ... BUt I mean worse comes to worse , you could always ask if they could do it for you cheap.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

You dont need the alignment at all. You can't do anything on the subarus on the rear alignment.