Ultimate fighter 3 starts tonight

My Ride
    2014 Cadillac ATS Turbo

what time?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

8pm
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

anyone watching? canadian guy just kicked ass in his first fight, ref stoppage in the first round

My Ride
    2005 F350

Originally posted by habsfan
    anyone watching? canadian guy just kicked ass in his first fight, ref stoppage in the first round
    his opponent was an idiot. how could you go into MMA and not have ANY ground skills?

Calgary,Alberta / Raleigh,NC / Kortrijk, Belgium
    My Ride
    01-BMW-330ci , 96-Spoon-EK

Originally posted by SOAB

his opponent was an idiot. how could you go into MMA and not have ANY ground skills?
    He had the "Roll over onto my stomach and let my opponent hit me in the head" skill.
    My Favorite Animal is Steak

Fatboy's 330ci

Fatboy's Spoon EK

Lets start up the official TUF3 thread again this year.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by Wildcat
    Lets start up the official TUF3 thread again this year.

The last years thread was huge and went pretty well, until someone had the spoilers to every episode and started relegating it all about.

I liked the first episode, not sure if Shamrocks crew actually believe in their coach.

The funniest part for me is when the guys were standing there while Shamrocks dietician was talking to them. He started jibby-jabbing about "you guys need to go eat your steaks and chicken breasts", honestly the guys were standing there and you could see how useless they felt.

"I'm pretty sure none of us came here to be bodybuilders" hahaha
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Some general thoughts about the show:

Im not sure how the application process works but im having a hard time believing this is the cream of the crop as far as fighters go. Alot of these guys have loosing records, and some of the ones with wins have only 2 wins under thier belt. I dont train in MMA, but you would think that a nation wide search for contestents would produce better fighters. There are only several people with a legitamite chance at winning.

Changes to the show:

Personnaly im glad they made changes to the show. Among some of the changes made, no more challenges, no more coasting to the finals and 2 five minute rounds. As entertaining as some of the challenges may have been they really had nothing to do with what happend inside the ring. The only reason for challenges which is they determined who controlled fight selection now that has been replaced with the coin toss. The team that wins the fight, remains in control of selection. Im also glad they decided to bring some Brits along for the ride, adds more diversity/personality to the show.

Trainers:

Judging by the first episode, I think Tito has a significant advantage in training, he seems more down to earth and engages with team members on a 1:1 level giving each guy personal tips.

I understand the purpose of Shamrocks evalution with the sandbags was to gauge mental toughness/heart, but lets face it if a guy doesnt have heart, thats not a problem that training will fix.

I also believe bringing in the body builder was a dumb move, I honestly think he owed the guy some kind of favor, you dont have to have a ripped physic to kick ass inside the ring (prime example Fedor) Its a huge disadvantage not having a grappling coach.

The fact that Tito and Shamrock hate each other will also be intresting to see how the whole thing pans out.

Team Selection:

I think Tito could have chosen a better team as far as tallent goes but he chose to go with the guys which he believed had more heart. Across the board I think Titos team is superior. They might lose thier first couple of fight (the weakest links) but I have a hard time imagining any of shamrocks guys beating titos top picks (ie Michael Bisping)

The fight:

Hmmm boxer vs MMA, thats a tough one. Yeah the canadian guy took in in about 2 minutes, but I wouldnt blow smoke up anyones ass, his opponent was a boxer and therefor didnt really put up a great fight, the fact that he finished him so quick in my opinion doesnt really amount to much.