Quantcast
Medical examination for job. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Medical examination for job.

Default Medical examination for job.

Hey guys I was just wondering, when you get hired for a warehouse type of job, and they want you to get a medical done for them, are they just checking your physical health, or do they check for drug use too?, and for all of you wondering why I ask is because, I occasionally smoke marijuana. And If they do check for marijuana in your system then can anyone recomend me a good detox product I can purchase? My medical examination is Monday afternoon, so I would need it to work pretty quick. Thx.

p.s. I was also just wondering wouldnt they have to tell you if they are going to test for drugs? And i dont beleive marijuana should be in that category, but what can we do.

Traces of pot stay in you for a long time. So detox is useless if your exam is on Monday.

My Ride
    MB C63

they are most likely checking physical health to make sure you dont have heart problems or something to save their asses when someone has a heart attack in their warehouse

i only had to go through a criminal check when i worked warehouse but ive heard of many places doing medical examinations

i wouldnt be worried about the dope in your system.

Do a search for Ross Rebligati.

I think that they legally need to tell you if they are checking for drugs. But I'm sure that they just want a doc to yank your wenis to check your swimmers.

My Ride
    Hatred

Originally posted by Si_FlyGuy
    Do a search for Ross Rebligati.

I think that they legally need to tell you if they are checking for drugs. But I'm sure that they just want a doc to yank your wenis to check your swimmers.
    Check your swimmers, thats the strangest thing i have ever heard.

They definately would have said a drug test if they were testing for drugs.
    -U

My Ride
    2000 prelude

The type of medical examination will depend on the company. If you are getting a manual labour job then they will most likely do a back exam and ask questions about any injury history that you may have had. If they ask for a urine test then they will most likely be testing for drugs in your system. They will tell you first and make you sign a wavier to allow them to do the test. They will be testing for things such as marjiuana, cocaine, nicotine, amphetamines, benzodiazepines.

If you come up positive them the company will get a report saying you had a positive drug screen but usu. will not get the exact drug you were positive for. After that it is up to the company if they give you the job or not.

You can always refuse to sign the wavier and then they can't do the drug screen on you but they will tell the company that you refused to sign the waiver and they the company can still not hire you because of that but they may still hire you if they are in need of employees.

BTW, there is no detox product out there that will get rid of the marjiuana from you system your body will have to do it on it's own. When was the last time you smoke marjiuana?
    Last edited by 00redLUDE; 04-08-2006 at 01:59 PM.
    00redLUDE

I also did some research on my own. Talked to a close friend who went through the same problem as me, he used a product that you have to use after not smoking marijuana for 2 days. What you do is 2 hrs before your test you drink 1 litre of this product within a minute, because the faster you drink it the faster it will turn into urine, and then 15 minutes after that you drink 1 litre of water in about a minute, then for the next 5 hours your piss will be clean as a whiste. Product can be purchased at Bongs and Such for $49.99. Guranteed to work 100%, or money back. Thing is its really gross. I'll get back at you guys with name of this product, im leavin right now to get it.

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

The two medical examinations I've had they've taken urine samples both times.

If you are so concerned about this, maybe in the future you should grow up and stop smoking dope. Then you wont have to worry about this kind of garbage. All those flushing chemicals aren't going to do anything for you. How old are you... 15?
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

Originally posted by hockeybronx
    The two medical examinations I've had they've taken urine samples both times.

If you are so concerned about this, maybe in the future you should grow up and stop smoking dope. Then you wont have to worry about this kind of garbage. All those flushing chemicals aren't going to do anything for you. How old are you... 15?

Come on man, don't give him a hard time about taking a toke now and again. At least he's not out getting drunk and starting shit. I don't see why companies don't check for alcohol use. Because alcohol doesn't give any physical or mental problems?

Good luck with the test. Are you sure they are even testing for drugs? Why not ask them what they are testing for and why? It's your right to know.

I knew their would be one person bashing a weed a smoker, but what can you do. So many people are brainwashed by the media, and our government that its getting ridiculous. Weed is not the devil, and doesnt make you move onto harder drugs, that all depends on the individual. And I already went out and purchased the product, and its guranteed to work 300%, if not I get back $150, and I paid $50 for it. It's called test pure. Now I'll give you guys something to think about. Why do you think our government allows us to purchase these products to flush shit out of our system? No matter what you do that is illegal you can basically get away with it just by getting your bank account a little smaller. Some ppl get away with large scale crimes like money laundering, and racketeering just by getting expensive and well educated lawers. No matter what the government just wants our money. For all you ppl who sincerly beleive in the ways of our government, and their laws can go suck a dick.

^^ But as of now. Weed is illegal , and if you need to get a drug test for the work you do , dont smoke it until it becomes legal. Because as of today , the gov't still controls what we do.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    05 dakota,79 truggy,68f100

holy fack stop all the bickering people no bashing anymore

CANT WE ALL JUST GET A BONG!?!

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

k when u have to take a piss test and they dont tell u its a drug test, they are checking for urinary problems and protiens and all that in your urine, if they are just dipping a little stick into your piss and its changing color thats not a drug test. if your results get sent away its a drug test.

mandatory drugs tests for emplyment are also illegal in canada unless it is a bonafide occupational safety requirement, ie. operating heavy machinery.

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

For what it's worth, my brother works at a place that does mandatory drup testing, and its some sort of piss test that is used. The test is done at the recruiting office, not when you are asked to go for a medical exam.

It's a bit expensive, so they don't test a candidate until they are getting serious about hiring them. Alot of people fail it, too. Makes it more expensive and more difficult to hire additional employees but they think its well worth the trouble.

My Ride
    335i

I woulda sold you my urine for less than $50

Guaranteed to work or i'll give you $200 back
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

u should of but the place i went to sold fake urine thats also gurnateed to work, but it cost $100

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Are you sure it's going to be a urine test for the drugs? When I went for my drug test with my current company, they did it with a sample of my hair.

Originally posted by brownchild
    u should of but the place i went to sold fake urine thats also gurnateed to work, but it cost $100
    haha what place are u shopping at?

My Ride
    '99.5 2.0L Jetta What I ride: '05 Kona Stuff

Originally posted by brownchild
    I knew their would be one person bashing a weed a smoker, but what can you do. So many people are brainwashed by the media, and our government that its getting ridiculous. Weed is not the devil, and doesnt make you move onto harder drugs, that all depends on the individual. And I already went out and purchased the product, and its guranteed to work 300%, if not I get back $150, and I paid $50 for it. It's called test pure. Now I'll give you guys something to think about. Why do you think our government allows us to purchase these products to flush shit out of our system? No matter what you do that is illegal you can basically get away with it just by getting your bank account a little smaller. Some ppl get away with large scale crimes like money laundering, and racketeering just by getting expensive and well educated lawers. No matter what the government just wants our money. For all you ppl who sincerly beleive in the ways of our government, and their laws can go suck a dick.
    Okay I wasn't bashing you necessarily about smoking weed, all I was saying is that if your personal habits are interfering with you getting a job, then there comes a time where you have to realize that this isn't high school anymore and there are more important things than in life than "getting high and burning out".
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast