Quantcast
Official 2008 "Nissan" Skyline GTR News Release - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Official 2008 "Nissan" Skyline GTR News Release

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    gaah... this whole waiting game again...hmmm i wonder if i should dive in for the 2009 production run or wait another year fro them to get the bugs out??

oh decisions decisions...

haha, or maybe i should just not let this car get the better of me and buy myself a House... maybe make some kids..

haha.... NAH!!!!

well I should go talk to the local Nissan dealer....
    If they do it right, im in. But infinity quality was kind of shitty in the first run of G35's.....

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Shit yeah, i will be hutning one of these in 2010 once they drop off in price and someused ones are out there.
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Hollywood

If they do it right, im in. But infinity quality was kind of shitty in the first run of G35's.....
    That's slowly changing as Nissan is profitable again.

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Xtrema

That's slowly changing as Nissan is profitable again.
    Companies usually make cost cuts to become more profitable, that's what Chrysler did, Mercedes did, etc... It usually takes a few years for the company to get back to making quality cars.

Basically what I'm saying is that quality has nothing to do with profits.
    Last edited by Hakkola; 05-15-2006 at 05:10 PM.

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

^^^^ I think Nissan become profitable by sharing components between vehicles. VQ engine in everything, altering the same platform for numerous vehicles, brakes etc.

My Ride
    AE86

Originally posted by blitz
    ^^^^ I think Nissan become profitable by sharing components between vehicles. VQ engine in everything, altering the same platform for numerous vehicles, brakes etc.
    good testing and stric on production quality, The big man behind this is the nissan ceo of N-america.(ford wants to meet him) This is exactly what ford is trying to do. I know this cause family member used to work at ford, test a lot of nissan engines and transmisson. and ford was partner with nissan in the 90s, like the Villager, awsome car, can go to 300kkm with minium problem. The big saver is the Z and g35 and altima (car of the yr) Design is the key back up with oldschool nissan quality
    Derpaio Derpaio

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 04:54 AM.

My Ride

Originally posted by blitz
    Too bad they did not bring the s15 silvia, the best car ever made in that price range. nissan=idiots for that.

My Ride
    '10 RX350 & '08 e90 335i

Just re-raed this thread and some of the attachments, I love this car!
    Autosignature

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by pinoyhero
    Just re-raed this thread and some of the attachments, I love this car!
    LOL. Nissan could make a 2-door RWD Sentra, add a V6 and call it a Skyline, charge $80K and the legion of Skyline & Nissan fanboys would line up with their pocketbooks. Seriously how can you love a car that nobody has even driven in a near finished state? You can say it looks promising or you love the design but how can you love it?

My Ride
    W213

I think it looks pretty decent actually. Minus the carbon fibre pieces on the front bumper.
    Probably looks really sexy in black

Originally posted by heavyD

LOL. Nissan could make a 2-door RWD Sentra, add a V6 and call it a Skyline, charge $80K and the legion of Skyline & Nissan fanboys would line up with their pocketbooks. Seriously how can you love a car that nobody has even driven in a near finished state? You can say it looks promising or you love the design but how can you love it?
    lol no kidding hey

did you guys say 90k for this car? it better wipe my ass and have over 500 hp lol
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

My Ride
    E90 335i

God this car is pure sex, is there any word on an MSRP? Or is it to early for that.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

lol no kidding hey

did you guys say 90k for this car? it better wipe my ass and have over 500 hp lol
    You and heavyD are guilty of doing the exact same thing in reverse.

And BTW 403Gemini, if you are old enough to drive it is probably time for you to learn how to wipe your own ass.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

i think this car is going to be a disappointment. it has been hyped up so much. plus i am not down with the whole v6 thing. the skyline is known for having the bad boy rb26, how can they change that...

whatever, i am in no way excited for this car

watch all the sr20 boys kick this skylines ass...

Originally posted by Lo)2enz0
    i think this car is going to be a disappointment. it has been hyped up so much. plus i am not down with the whole v6 thing. the skyline is known for having the bad boy rb26, how can they change that...

whatever, i am in no way excited for this car

watch all the sr20 boys kick this skylines ass...
    I can't imagine the VQ being as strong as the rb26 but you never know. With S2000s showing on eBay for $20k CDN I can't see myself ever owning one of these. There are some great cars out there that won't break the bank.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by lewdvig
    You and heavyD are guilty of doing the exact same thing in reverse.
    I'm sure it will be a fantastic performing car but it will also be priced in a territory of higher end cars that will have just as much capability and a badge that carries a bit more panache than Nissan or Infinity. If they could have priced it closer to the STI or EVO then I may get a bit excited but at that price forget it.

Originally posted by heavyD

I'm sure it will be a fantastic performing car but it will also be priced in a territory of higher end cars that will have just as much capability and a badge that carries a bit more panache than Nissan or Infinity. If they could have priced it closer to the STI or EVO then I may get a bit excited but at that price forget it.
    Dude, like you said: Until it is on a lot with a sticker and it is driven we can only discuss how it looks.

There are going to be two spec levels accoridng to someone that I know at Nissan. We'll see what shakes out.

My hunch is that Nissan will release this cheaper than what they will eventually sell for after a year - like they always do. I am going to say $59k and $69k for the two price points. But that is just wild speculation.

I can't imagine the VQ being as strong as the rb26 but you never know.
    I read that it will be based on the twin turbo VQs from the Super GT Z33s. They've been using the turboed Zs for a few years now so there should be a wealth of information available to Nissan on how to get 500hp from the VQ and where the weaknesses are.

My Ride

Dude, like you said: Until it is on a lot with a sticker and it is driven we can only discuss how it looks.

There are going to be two spec levels accoridng to someone that I know at Nissan. We'll see what shakes out.

My hunch is that Nissan will release this cheaper than what they will eventually sell for after a year - like they always do. I am going to say $59k and $69k for the two price points. But that is just wild speculation.
    I agree. The new supra might have a role is what the end car turns out to be as well as the price.

Originally posted by H4LFY2nR

I read that it will be based on the twin turbo VQs from the Super GT Z33s. They've been using the turboed Zs for a few years now so there should be a wealth of information available to Nissan on how to get 500hp from the VQ and where the weaknesses are.
    I would also cry if nissan used the VQ. They add all this hype and fancy engineering feats with motors but look at the QR25DE in the spec V. Had all this fancy engineering and still turned out to be a engine with problems in the design.

Nissan is trying to hard to be honda motor engineers, they just need to stick to what they know, which is turbo, strong non-fancy engines with components ment to take a turbo's beating, and turbo....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast