Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MB E63 AMG revealed

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Default MB E63 AMG revealed

Most powerful E-Class of all time
    Zero to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds with a 378 kW/514 hp eight-cylinder engine

Sports seats with a nappa leather/alcantara combination

Mercedes-AMG presented the E 63 AMG for the first time at the New York International Auto Show. Powered by the new, naturally aspirated AMG V8-engine, which develops a maximum output of 378 kW/514 hp and a maximum torque of 630 newton metres from a displacement of 6.3 litres, the E 63 AMG is the most powerful E-Class of all time. Available as a Saloon or Estate, this top-of-the-line E-Class model occupies the leading position in its segment, where no other vehicle has more output, torque and displacement.

The E 63 AMG also benefits from all the model enhancements which make the new-generation E-Class stand out, for example the occupant protection system PRE-SAFE®, the new Intelligent Light System or the new adaptive brake lights. Developed completely independently by AMG, this 6-3-litre V8-engine is the world’s only power unit to combine the high-revving concept with a large displacement – the result is around 20 percent more torque than from comparable engines in this output class. In line with Mercedes-AMG tradition, the new powerpack is hand-built in the AMG engine workshops on the "one man, one engine" principle. Thus equipped, the E 63 AMG Saloon accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 4.5 seconds (Estate: 4.6 s). The maximum speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h.

AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7G-TRONIC, sports suspension and braking system

The AMG SPEEDSHIFT 7-speed automatic transmission is the perfect partner to the naturally aspirated AMG 6.3-litre V8-engine: equipped with three individual shift programmes, it enables the driver to choose between more comfort-oriented or extra-sporty gear changes – either in automatic mode or manually, using the new AMG aluminium shift paddles on the steering wheel. Outstanding handling safety is guaranteed by the AMG high-performance braking system with internally ventilated, perforated disc brakes all-round. The particularly highly stressed front brakes feature innovative composite technology.

The AMG sports suspension based on the semi-active air suspension system AIRMATIC DC includes the Adaptive Damping System ADS II and allows the driver to choose between more comfortable or very sporty handling characteristics. The shock absorbers and springs instantly adapt to the current driving situation, but can also be manually modified in three stages at the touch of a button. The 8.5 and 9.0-inch wide, titanium grey, high-sheen 18-inch AMG light-alloy wheels in a new five-spoke design are fitted with wide-base tyres in size 245/40 and 265/35.

The new AMG wheels are not the only distinguishing feature of the E 63 AMG. A lasting impression is also created by the new, heavily contoured AMG front apron, large air dams and round foglamps with chrome surrounds. Heat from the integral, additional engine oil cooler integrated into the front bumper is able to dissipate via air vents in the sides. This top-of-the-line E-Class model is also immediately identifiable by the "6.3 AMG" lettering on the front wings. Dynamic side skirts, tinted rear light clusters in a new design and a redesigned AMG rear apron for the Saloon impressively round off the visual impact. The new AMG breakaway edge (Saloon only) reduces lift at the rear axle by up to 30 percent. Both visually and acoustically, the AMG sports exhaust system with its two twin chrome tailpipes underlines the dynamic character of the E 63 AMG.

AMG sports seats with alcantara inserts and a new AMG sports steering wheel
    These striking and exclusive features are continued in the interior: a sporty touch is provided by the AMG sports seats with nappa leather upholstery and alcantara inserts in the shoulder area, as well as the AMG ergonomic sports steering wheel with a perforated leather lining and AMG aluminium shift paddles. Perfect workmanship and a carefully coordinated colour scheme ensure an atmosphere of the highest quality.

The driver is kept well informed by the new AMG instrument cluster with attractive dial instruments, a speedometer graduated to 320 km/h and red needles. The integral AMG main menu display shows the currently selected gear including an upshift prompt, as well as either the engine oil temperature or the battery voltage and the RACETIMER. This new function enables the driver to measure lap times on an enclosed track. The RACETIMER records the time for the fastest lap, the average and maximum speeds and the lap distance.

Outstanding safety with standard PRE-SAFE®
    Like all the variants of the Mercedes-Benz E-Class, the new E 63 AMG benefits from the extensive model enhancements which guarantee optimal handling safety. For example the standard inclusion of PRE-SAFE®, the preventive, award-winning safety system offered exclusively by Mercedes-Benz. PRE-SAFE® already recognises critical situations as they develop: if braking deceleration exceeds a certain level or the vehicle threatens to develop a skid, the system tensions the front seat belts as a precaution, adjusts the position, height and cushion/backrest angle of the front passenger seat, and closes the side windows and sliding sunroof to leave only a small gap.

As a new optional extra the E 63 AMG can be equipped with the Intelligent Light System. This innovative, adaptive lighting system is based on bi-xenon headlamps, and adjusts to suit the relevant driving and weather situation for a significant improvement in safety. New lighting functions such as country and motorway light modes increase the driver’s range of visibility by up to 50 metres. The Intelligent Light System also includes the Active Light System and cornering light function, as well as new, enhanced foglamps which illuminate the road edges and therefore provide even better orientation when visibility is poor. Other safety features now featured as standard in all second-generation E-Class models also include adaptive rear lights and a tyre pressure loss warning system.

Autospies

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

mmm, sex. Look slike it'll have the minor facelift the new E-Classes will get.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Last edited by /////AMG; 04-12-2006 at 09:31 AM.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Last edited by /////AMG; 04-12-2006 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Last edited by /////AMG; 04-12-2006 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

that E63 wagon is beautiful

My Ride
    09' Turbo Cobalt SS

Benz makes nice cars, but I think they are in need of some serious redesigning - their cars are starting to look dated. If they want to keep up with the competition they need to do more than a few facelifts every few years.

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by z06power
    Benz makes nice cars, but I think they are in need of some serious redesigning - their cars are starting to look dated. If they want to keep up with the competition they need to do more than a few facelifts every few years.
    Dated? I think not! Infact the E-Class is probably one the best looking out of the whole range. They don't do many facelift though, here are pics for the minor facelift for the '07 E-Class.

Classic:

Avantgarde:

Elegance:

AMG Sportpackage:

And of course the AMG:

Z06, that is how MB has always been, 7-11yr model runs with facelifts in the middle....why should they abandon that? Cause a few people get bored? Don't like 'em, don't buy 'em. It's a question of class and taste. Go buy a BMW if you want totally new cars every 5 or 6 years.

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

Oh wow

Its all beautiful except for the giant friggen analog clock in the cluster

My Ride
    09' Turbo Cobalt SS

Because they dont generate enough excitement about their brand, eg. Chris Bangle like him/hate him got people talking about BMW and the newer styling.

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

thats fricking sexy

wonder what the price on one of those are gonna be

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Because they dont generate enough excitement about their brand, eg. Chris Bangle like him/hate him got people talking about BMW and the newer styling.
    Yea about either how it was nice or plain ass fugly.
    But the people who buy these cars don't need excitment being generated. I don't think that was "excitment" with what happened with Bangle and BMW.

My Ride
    GTI

That is fuckin amazing, time to start saving, when I'm 25 I need to get me a used E55 or E63. I just wish Benz's depreciated a little more.

The car looks spectacular.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

BMW has always been different and caters to a slightly different crowd than MB.

MB always comes out with timeless classic designs that look good for years. Why would you want to change that? forget BMW, if you want a totally new car every few years, go with an Asian Manufacturer. Toyota used to have a 4 year cycle. so did Honda. Honda now has a 5 year cycle with a refresh at 3 years.

BMW does 5 - 6 years with a mid cycle refresh. MB typically doesn't do refreshes... why? it doesn't generally need them.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

^^ MB does facelifts/refreshes midcycle, it's usually very minimal though. Body kits, interiors, etc. They also introduce new models, engines and trannys during mid cycle facelifts, SLK32, C55, E63 all coming during facelifts. The most dramatic facelift for MB was the old ML SUV's... they fixed shitloads of quality problems in the midcycle facelift.

BTW - did u find an MSRP for the E63 yet?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

nope, still looking... haha

Looking to upgrade already?

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Wow as if the old E55 didnt have enough power already.

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Hooollleeee shit! Such a nice car! This car is sex
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by A2VR6
    Wow as if the old E55 didnt have enough power already.
    IMO, the power difference is negligable, they added hp but dropped torque. The benefit to this is that the 7 speed transmission can actually handle the torque now so they could drop it into the AMG.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast