Quantcast
Complaint of Stunting - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Complaint of Stunting

My Ride
    90' FC3S

Default Complaint of Stunting

I got a complaint of stunting on me about 2 weeks back from unknown person. First of all my car has been in the garage before spring break on stands getting my brakes done in which it still is on stands. Anyways this officer took the complaint and in the mail today, suprise a 402 dollar ticket. Is it joke time in Alberta or what? Im sorry but will I win this case and what should I use to gain proof that this complaint was false.

Ah, when drifting catches up you get owned.
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    GTI

Take it to court, tell them the car was on stands, and ask for proof that you are guilty of stunting.

IMO, I'd bring someone with you or even reciept for any major parts you purchased during the time your car was on stands to collaborate with your story, if you can.

You shouldn't need proof you weren't stunting anyway, they should need proof that you were. If the person that complained about you stunting doesn't show up to court you will win the case.

No eye witness, no proof, equals a thrown out charge since the complaint was not made by an officer, (I'm assuming).

My Ride
    90' FC3S

But were taking complainer x's word that I WAS stunting, I mean I could phone in on Hakkola and say I saw him pulling some burnouts and big drifts around corners. I mean its not hard to make up a story and go by your word

My Ride
    E36 M3

Exactly, that's why if you go to court, the case will be thrown out. There is no evidence.

It is a case of he says she says.

My Ride
    Mazda 3 GT

Let us know what you do and how it goes, because I would be pissed as hell if that happened to me.

"What's that Ma'am? Stunting? No, no, we don't need to open an investigation or contact the accused, you are obviously 100% right and anything the accused says is 100% wrong. Thanks for calling in, the ticket is on its way"

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

Stop with the antics. Beyonder.

My Ride
    has three pedals

That is a bunch of b.s.

A guy at work told me that yea they can give you a ticket for doing something illegal if he says I did, I was like yea right.

And here it has happened, what the hell?

My Ride
    GT TDi

ya let us know what happens, very curious!
    2002 VW Golf GT TDI
    2016 VW Passat BiTDI

My Ride
    2004 Nissan Titan LE

this actually happened to me once as well, I was going around a corner in the middle of winter in a 2wd truck, the back end broke lose and I slid sideways. Some guy and his friend called in a complaint. They said that I was driving really fast and purposly slid around the corner and such. I took it to court and got it lowered from a "driving with undue care and attention" to "driving to fast for road conditions". The one big thing that hurt me is that the guy who called it in was an ex RCMP officer and he had his buddy back up his story. They were both seriously pissed and showed up to the trial.

all I can say is score 1 for points..

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by jer82
    They were both seriously pissed and showed up to the trial.
    They had to show up otherwise the ticket would be thrown out. That's the whole point, who ever calls it in needs to show up at court if it is contested, that's why these things rarely happen.

My Ride
    02 RSX Type-s

thats bulshit and if your story is true that you didnt do anything wrong, get proof that your car hasnt moved for the last few weeks and i think they will throw it out.
    Originally posted by DeeK
    Fat girls need love too, they just have to pay for it.

My Ride
    WRX, Audi A4 Avant

who knows, it might've been an ex-cop who filed the complaint, or even worse, an old man/woman with nothing better to do with their life. would suck if they show up for court.

yeah... anything to show your car was on stands the whole spring. pictures, receipts, etc..

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I've gotten a registered owner ticket from a complaint. Actually, kenny got the ticket, cuz I borrowed his car. Used AMG power to pass a 90km/h 5 car train safely (130 or 140 in a 100 zone) north of Edmonton, and voila, ticket in the mail 3 weeks later. It was easier to pay for the ticket than to drive 4 hrs to defend myself.

Take it to court, from what I've seen from others that got these tickets, the complaining person rarely shows up and it gets tossed out. If you get a complaint from an ex-cop, it's a bit tougher I guess lol.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    fg2

it cant be that hard to argue that an average person saw you speeding.

i dont know how formal traffic court is or how it all works, but i would imagine a question like "how much formal training do you have in judging the speed of a moving vehicle" would hurt their credibility pretty bad.

and ask them specific questions about describing you and your car. describe make model, year, trim level.

ask if they wrote down the plate number immediately after they saw you or they had to remember it till they got home, if they say they wrote it down, ask to see the paper they wrote it on. if they didnt write it down, ask them how long it took them to get home, how long before they wrote it down etc. then ask isnt it possible you could have remembered wrong etc.

i would imagine most peoples descriptions would be more like, it was some punk in a black car with a plate that was C4P something Q something. if they cant describe your car in detail and describe the driver in detail, doesnt that give you pretty good grounds for dismisal?

i mean this is the perfect example of how easy it is for someone to screw up a plate number, description etc. since it obviously wasnt you since your car wasnt even moving.

another thing i think would work if you really did do it, is go get your hair dyed, and have a dated receipt for it, then ask the witness to describe the driver in detail, chances are they are gonna just look at you and describe you. at which point you bust out the receipt proving you just dyed your hair 2 days ago so it couldnt have been you driving since your hair wasnt that color until 2 days ago.

i dunno how much of that you could actually do in traffic court, as ive never been to it and dont know how it works. but i just think if its your word against theirs, it cant be that hard to win.

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

what the hell is this......CITIZENS ON PATROL? Next time someone sees a cop, take down his plate and call it in and see what happens.

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    Blazaah

hahaha good idea!

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Default Re: Complaint of Stunting

Originally posted by TopGunn
    I got a complaint of stunting on me about 2 weeks back from unknown person. First of all my car has been in the garage before spring break on stands getting my brakes done in which it still is on stands. Anyways this officer took the complaint and in the mail today, suprise a 402 dollar ticket. Is it joke time in Alberta or what? Im sorry but will I win this case and what should I use to gain proof that this complaint was false.
    I say that your story is unbeleivable for a judge.

If your car was on jackstands, then how th f@ck did some unkown citizen happen to describe your car, AND also have the licence plates number?

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

Originally posted by dansmith11
    is go get your hair dyed, and have a dated receipt for it, then ask the witness to describe the driver in detail, chances are they are gonna just look at you and describe you. at which point you bust out the receipt proving you just dyed your hair 2 days ago so it couldnt have been you driving since your hair wasnt that color until 2 days ago.
    thats one of the smartest things ever...if they do in fact say the the wrong (after dyed) hair color

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

My Ride
    11sec S14, Lux Family Bus, VQ35HR

or the solution to this is just not do stupid shit on public streets, and if you do be able to get away fast enough before somone can write down your plate. I do like the hair dye idea though, or you can also start a mcdonalds diet till the court date and have before pics. lol thats a little extreme tho!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    She wishes it was deep.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So deep put her ass to sleep.

My Ride
    2006 Civic, Lifted Locked flat black Jeep YJ

I cant help but laugh at the extent some of you try to go to just to get out of a usually well-deserved ticket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast