Quantcast
wondering about prices on a mid-90s 325is, and possibly sc it - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: wondering about prices on a mid-90s 325is, and possibly sc it

Default wondering about prices on a mid-90s 325is, and possibly sc it

hi, i am looking to buy a mid-90s bmw 325is, im juss wondering how much i should expect to pay for this car. also i am wondering if it is a decently fast car, and how much would it cost to supercharge it? is this a worth while mod?? will i see a large difference?
    thx...any input is appreciated

My Ride
    NC1

Depending on mileage you can probably pick one up for around $22K

The car is not extremely fast but will hold its on, pending you get 5 speed of course. 189hp/181llbs torque and the supercharger will definitely add alot of punch to the car.

The charger will be $5K+ depending where you buy it, who installs it, tuning etc.

I think all said and done you be spending around $30K.

You should talk to E36S50B32 aka Rob from Tunerworks. He has a modified 325ISBMW and can probably help you out the most.
    Last edited by max_boost; 07-10-2002 at 12:33 AM.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    335i

I've seen a 1994 go for as little as 17k, 105000 kms...you know I wanted it but too late as it was sold!

Look around...stay patient. They will come around.

As for speed, nothing extreme as Max_boost said. The older 325's had lots of punch since they were so light, but these newer ones have only a little more power and a lot more weight.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    NC1

Or what you can always do is buy a high mileage E36 BMW for cheap and swap in a USDM E36M3 motor!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    BMW

You can pick up a mid-90's 325 for about $18-25,000 depending on mileage and options. Remember to get 1993 and up! Those have the VANOS (BMW's version of Vtec) installed.
    If you are planning to do lots of mods, then stick with '95 or older cause those have the older OBDC (On Board Diagnostic Computer) which will allow for easier chipping/mods.
    I don't know how much you want to spend, but if you don't mind spending a little more, I'd definately recommend getting an M3. I'd take a stock M3 over a pimped, supercharged, tuned 325 anyday!
    There's more to a ride than just sheer horsepower! If that's all you wanted, then why look at BMW's? Why not pick up a Mustang or Camaro? (we both know the answer to that one)

Clem is offline FLAMESFAN 4LIFE-Canes in 4
    My Ride
    Turbo AWD Sled

Originally posted by max_boost
    Or what you can always do is buy a high mileage E36 BMW for cheap and swap in a USDM E36M3 motor!
    If one was going that route a euro spec or EVO E36 M3 motor would be better.

For serious power look at Active Autowerke's OBD-I Generation 3 Stage 2 turbo.

400+ horsepower on a 95' M3 !!!!!!!!!!!

Keep in mind OBD-I equipped cars are easier to tuned than OBD-II (meaning more performance options)

Tuner1 is offline Tunerworks Guru (E36S50B32)
    My Ride
    ///MPower, 4x4, Bianchi & Trek

Default Re: wondering about prices on a mid-90s 325is, and possibly sc it

Originally posted by Impreza
    hi, i am looking to buy a mid-90s bmw 325is, im juss wondering how much i should expect to pay for this car. also i am wondering if it is a decently fast car, and how much would it cost to supercharge it? is this a worth while mod?? will i see a large difference?
    thx...any input is appreciated
    I'll answer: Expect to pay $12-$24K for a '92-'95 325is. Obviously lots of variables. It is a decently quick car and it way more fun to drive than the numbers on paper suggest. Expect to pay $8K+ to SC it, but don't forget that with that kind of power you'll also need brakes, wheels, suspension, etc. Not cheap! You will see a large difference...an E36 with ~250HP is a fast all around car.
    We see more and more young guys with E36's everyday. They are becoming a very popular car to upgrade. I think I started the trend 6 years ago

Rob

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Why not opt for a 328 instead? It's got a bit more torque and it noticibly picks up faster too. That and the fact it comes with cup holders :madred: :madred: :madred:

(Keep in mind that '96+ are the 328's which, if I'm not mistaken, are OBD-II.)