Quantcast
Too good to be true - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Too good to be true

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

Default Too good to be true

Anybody ever tried those make money from home things. Like the telemarketing things and such. My friend just bought into one and is trying it out. He wants me to join too. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

here is the one my friend wants me to sign up for
    http://www.exlos.com/Content/prosp-pres.asp

My Ride
    350Z

I'd wait till you see his first pay cheque, if I were you.

Hrmm, We had this discussion before and it was deleted. Anyways, I've heard of them, and although I disagree with their practices and what they are about, it can work for people I guess.

If you were really looking into this sort of businesses, you have to do some research. Excel by FAR wouldn't be on the top of my list. Hahaha

I have been in this industry for almost a year, and a fraction of people I talk to come from Excel because it didn't work for them. I've never tried it personally, so I can't really comment, but looking at their sign-up fees and such, I wouldn't even bother with them.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

My Ride
    Looking for a car, Got any suggestions?

Originally posted by 12V

that, and other stuff, like what he has to do, and if you like doing it, stuff like that

My Ride
    my bike

if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is

My Ride
    CTS-V (700+Hp), Supercharged Tundra, 1970 vette

I went to an excel meeting thing a few months ago. One of my buddies is on it and he convinced us to go. I have to say when they start the meeting yelling "who wants to make money" it is kind of like...ok this is a scam. Their seemed to be an opportunity to make some cash and i guess some do, but I think the average person is throwing away their $400. It was wierd cause me and my other friend who went were like the only two people who didn't sign up and who actually asked questions. Most just through down $400 with out even really knowing what to do. Their whole presentation was about how much money you could make yet they touched very little on what you had to sell. If they have a crappy product and it was like selling ice to an eskimo you'd make no money yet people didn;t seem to care. I think it would be tought to try and sell long distance to people who have never heard of this company. But I'm waiting for my friends who join to get paid before i get to excited about it. One thing that does piss me off is the guy that hosted it said to us when we left and didn't sign up "ok guys I guess you don't want to make any money in your life" I was gonna say, "yah thats why i'm going to school like most successful people do" Oh yah and he kept bragging about how fast is IS300 was. He made it seem like it was the fastet car in the world.... wish i had my car there.

My Ride
    a wrx.

id save the $400 and buy some dignity!

Originally posted by 02bump'nWRX
    I went to an excel meeting thing a few months ago. One of my buddies is on it and he convinced us to go. I have to say when they start the meeting yelling "who wants to make money" it is kind of like...ok this is a scam. Their seemed to be an opportunity to make some cash and i guess some do, but I think the average person is throwing away their $400. It was wierd cause me and my other friend who went were like the only two people who didn't sign up and who actually asked questions. Most just through down $400 with out even really knowing what to do. Their whole presentation was about how much money you could make yet they touched very little on what you had to sell. If they have a crappy product and it was like selling ice to an eskimo you'd make no money yet people didn;t seem to care. I think it would be tought to try and sell long distance to people who have never heard of this company. But I'm waiting for my friends who join to get paid before i get to excited about it. One thing that does piss me off is the guy that hosted it said to us when we left and didn't sign up "ok guys I guess you don't want to make any money in your life" I was gonna say, "yah thats why i'm going to school like most successful people do" Oh yah and he kept bragging about how fast is IS300 was. He made it seem like it was the fastet car in the world.... wish i had my car there.
    That's the point. All these programs are HYPE. That's it. They get you excited about the program and then you sign up, then they forget about you. You ARE the bottom of the pyramid.

Excel is bullshit.

You have to find a no-hype, low-cost starting fee program and one that has proven results.

Like I said, being in this industry for a while, I know for a fact 95% of these companies are bullshit. And not to mention, some are just down right illegal. Hahaha Do some research and you can't go wrong.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!