Quantcast
anybody here work for furniture stores? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: anybody here work for furniture stores?

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Default anybody here work for furniture stores?

basically,

me, my sister, and her friend are all moving out, so we are intrested in purchasing sofa's (sectional ones), bed + frames, bascially everything new for a house/condo.

Wondering if someone works at like eq3, or like any other store that would be able to give us a discount if we all purchase through the same person =)
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

Sam and I purchased some furniture through EQ3. You can get 10% off yoru first purchase if you put it on an EQ3 credit card, just make sure it's paid off in 6 months and you don't pay any interest. So I guess if you buy everything all at once, you can save the 10%.

Sometimes we get mailings for 20-25%, but they don't do that very often.
    Originally posted by ashee
    What's 30 grand when you're buying a BMW, M6 please.

Originally posted by t-im

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz.
    Oooh the irony.

I use to work at EQ3. They are not big into giving discounts to anyone. Employees only get 35% off. However, if you are purchasing a large order they are more considerate to giving a discount especially if it means losing a sale if they don't.

My Ride
    2003 Rsx Type S WHITE, Ninja zx250r

Originally posted by RSeXy
    Sam and I purchased some furniture through EQ3. You can get 10% off yoru first purchase if you put it on an EQ3 credit card, just make sure it's paid off in 6 months and you don't pay any interest. So I guess if you buy everything all at once, you can save the 10%.

Sometimes we get mailings for 20-25%, but they don't do that very often.
    ya i know, 10% off with the EQ3 credit card keke, i was seeing if there was a chance to get more off =)

i want those custom sectional sofa's but they said 6-8 weeks for makign it and delivery, sigh
    please don't flame me, or i'll have to learn how to use the ban button

Originally posted by gkAeris

ya i know, 10% off with the EQ3 credit card keke, i was seeing if there was a chance to get more off =)

i want those custom sectional sofa's but they said 6-8 weeks for makign it and delivery, sigh

6-8 weeks can sometimes mean 3-4 months with EQ3!~I ordered a custom leather sofa and they promised me 6-8weeks, I ordered back in the end of November 2005, (i called once at the end of Jan. and once in Feb.) it still hadn't shown up by the end of March. I called and they didn't even know where it was! So i eventually got tired and they agreed to cancel the order. I did get some floor pieces from before, but I'm still missing a sofa!

Don't quote me on this, but they are part of Palliser furniture who are based in Winnipeg. That's where the custom stuff gets made, but Palliser almost went bankrupt and have since had to send all orders to be made in Mexico. (Of course they didn't tell me that while I was waiting for my sofa!)

Another great furniture store is Metro Element. Its a small place on Edmonton Tr. down the street from where I live, they did have floor models for 50% off last month, however they are usually willing to work a deal if you buy lots from them as well. I love it there b/c its modern-asian inspired pieces.
    Last edited by RSeXy; 04-18-2006 at 10:31 AM.

My Ride
    2010 Hyundai Elantra

I work for a custom furniture store, we make our own furniture and mattresses. The best thing is our prices. Equal to Sears but the quality is way better. You can usually guess how good the quality of the furniture you are buying by asking what the salesman(woman) has bought. If they don't sleep or sit on the product that they sell, good chance that it isn't that good. My wife works for Saturn and we drive a Mazda 3 Sport. Get the point. Pm me with the exact details of what you want and I can give you a rough idea at what you would be spending. Because you are a beyonder, I would be more than willing to take care of you. Let me know.

Justin

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Go around to different shops and if you see something you like write down the manufacturer. Then go to their web site and see who is the regional rep. In many cases you can buy directly from the rep and not have to pay the retail price. I do it all the time.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

i actually got my mattress from e13 in only 2 weeks when they told me 6 weeks
    but maybe that's a different story for mattresses