Quantcast
Defering Final Exam - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Defering Final Exam

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Default Defering Final Exam

Shun me if you must, but I am kind of looking at deffering an exam that I have to write. I don't feel entirely prepared, and since I have a few exams in a short date proximity, it would for sure be in my best interest.

I have spoken to a few of my friends who have done it before, and I was just wondering if I might be able to get some input from some beyonders who may have done it.

1. Day before exam, get deferal papers from Registar
    2. Go to doctor, explain symptoms along the lines of headaches, sleep problems etc. Try to get him to fill out the form
    3. E-mail prof ahead of time and notify him that you will be missing the exam and will be providing nessesary documentation
    4. Give paperwork to registar before the exam.

A few questions, what kind of things should I say to the doctor? Also, I have another exam that I want to write on the same day but it is AFTER the exam that I wish to deffer, will that be any sort of problem?

Anyways, I am going to go in as if I will have to write it, but some more prep would be definitely positive.

Let me know if you have any tips etc.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    2002 Dodge Neon

Uh, i think the prof or the registraar might laugh at you.

Because they might say something along the lines of :"exams have been scheduled since X and you would have known before hand that.

Most Dr.s wont sign defferal papers if they think your just doing this to prevent yourself from shitting the bed academically. The operative word is most

Smart money at this point is finding a slimey MD, and emailing your prof, and have the defefal papers handy.

You can get the physician statement forms online, print them out. you can see the doctor a day ahead or a day behind your exam, as long as you make sure he fills out the dates you were sick and checks the box saying he diagnosed you or believes you had the symptoms.

You can hand in your deferral papers up to X hours AFTER the final exam, make sure you aren't late.

Emailing your prof isn't necessary but its a curteous thing to do. He'll probably hate you either way.

Regarding the second exam you are writing, seems kinda fishy if you make it to that one. If i were you i'd defer both!

Again, make sure your doctor fills out the physician statement form properly!

I recommend stomache pains, vomitting, and diarrhea!

My Ride
    V167

Ahahha if you write one that day but not the other one that just seems totally fishy. If you are going to defer them...do both.

My Ride
    Wristshots

Just write them both, and recieve some good loving from S.Macintyre afterwards.

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Originally posted by statick

Just write them both, and recieve some good loving from S.Macintyre afterwards.
    Uhh what the fuck? lol
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

so you thnink youll be more prepared after the summer when youve forgotten everything and he makes an extremly hard test since hes pissed off?

Calgary,Alberta / Raleigh,NC / Kortrijk, Belgium
    My Ride
    01-BMW-330ci , 96-Spoon-EK

^ You are making work for your prof, as you are introducing a need for him to prepare and administer another special exam...

I would just suck it up and write it, really.
    My Favorite Animal is Steak

Fatboy's 330ci

Fatboy's Spoon EK

Depends on your prof really. I have had to write 2 deferred finals in the last 5 years, and both of them were exact copies of previous year finals. one of them was even open-book, and I had the official answer sheet with me! I felt kinda dirty on that one. You should tryto guage your profs lazy/spiteful ratio.
    Last edited by szw; 04-20-2006 at 12:56 PM.

My Ride
    99 EK9 Hatch

If you really must defer your exam. Get the forms, go to the doctor and tell him you've been having severe diareha(sp?). He fills out the form, if the doc fills out the form the registrar has to accept it. The teacher in turn cannot ask why the exam is getting defered.

I also know you're allowed one free deferel during your universal tenure. By free, that means the first one can be fairly vague, but after that it has to be serious.

IMO, deferal's are weak. You don't get breaks in the real world, so why should you during school. I know lots of people who've done the three in three days thing, or even the three in one day thing, you're never going to be fully prepared for exam. You just have to trust your knowledge and have a good game plan for the limited studying time you have.

Photograph courtesy of the Calgary Police Service

Originally posted by A_3
    He fills out the form, if the doc fills out the form the registrar has to accept it.
    Technically this is not true, the dean or whoever is making the decision has final say. I think its noted on the form that it is not guaranteed you will be granted a deferral. Most likely that is just put in there for some unusual circumstances that may arise.

k, ive done this many times.

Drs sign ez, just say u got the stomach flue, ur queezy, puking etc.

u got the symtoms they docotor can't say u don't....after thisss.....

u can drop it off at the registars office whenever.

BUT DO NOT WRITE AN EXAM ON THE SAME DAY AFTER UR DEFERAL THATS JUST RETARDED.

defered exams are usually harder as well, so u might want to reconsider.......

i remember a friend of mine took the defered exam for the same reason u are, and he go so screwed......our final turned out to be relatively easy, multiple choice w/ 4 answers to choose from for each question....so basically a 25% chance of getting it right if guessing......

the defered exam was multiple choise as well, but instead of having 4 answers for each question to choose from, he had all the alphabet from A to Z in a pool instead. and different questions can have the same answers.....

most profs view that people who take the defered exam are more prepared hence the harder test. hehe