Quantcast
Impaired driving - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Impaired driving

jd33 Guest

Unhappy Impaired driving

Last edited by jd33; 04-22-2006 at 11:10 AM.

rofl.
    I think I need to sit back and relax for this one. Maybe grab some popcorn too.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

If there is a fixed cost associated with a ticket, it will be written on it.

If you were over 0.08, it is my honest hope that they suspend your license for the full 6 months allowable.
    IIRC the open liquor ticket is ~$200, and the other one will probably cost you much more. The part you aren't considering is what this will do to your insurance costs. DUI's are very expensive in that regard.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

jd33 Guest

Yes ha ha, I'm sure its funny from your perspective but your not helping here.

jd33 Guest

Originally posted by Zero102
    If there is a fixed cost associated with a ticket, it will be written on it.

If you were over 0.08, it is my honest hope that they suspend your license for the full 6 months allowable.
    IIRC the open liquor ticket is ~$200, and the other one will probably cost you much more. The part you aren't considering is what this will do to your insurance costs. DUI's are very expensive in that regard.
    The max I can get is three months, this I know.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

^
    If you blow over .08 the MINIMUM you can get is 3 months

jd33 Guest

Well the cop told me the max was 90 days and thats what an internet web site said aswell. I'm wondering if I can get off with the 24 hour suspension like those two guys I mention before.

... i seriously hope not.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

this is when you sit back and watch your insurence rates sky rocket

My Ride
    MDX

Hope the beer was good

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
    ^
    If you blow over .08 the MINIMUM you can get is 3 months
    minimum is 0 actually.

jd33 Guest

Thats what people have been telling me. A 24 hour suspension is the minimum and the max is 90 days. I'm hoping for the minimum, this was my first and last offense and i think the money I'm about to pay in terms of tickets and insurance are punishment enough. I'd just like to know my chance of getting off with only the 24hour suspension.

FYI, the only way to get more then 90 days is if they decided to convict me and couldn't do that because I was below 100. He really wanted to though by the way he was talking. He would have nailed me big time.

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Under your name, you need to change something....I have a suggestion:

What I drive: a bicycle

I can't believe you come on here looking for support, and truthfully not expecting a flame war.....
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Originally posted by jd33
    Thats what people have been telling me. A 24 hour suspension is the minimum and the max is 90 days. I'm hoping for the minimum, this was my first and last offense and i think the money I'm about to pay in terms of tickets and insurance are punishment enough. I'd just like to know my chance of getting off with only the 24hour suspension.

FYI, the only way to get more then 90 days is if they decided to convict me and couldn't do that because I was below 100. He really wanted to though by the way he was talking. He would have nailed me big time.
    And he should have tried anyway.

jd33 Guest

Last edited by jd33; 04-22-2006 at 12:50 PM.

Yeah well guess what? I just looked at my ticket and under closer inspection(I wasn't fit to read it last night) the officer checked the wrong box. To receive the 90 day suspension you have to be driving in excess of 80, but he never check that box off on the ticket, he checked off the "driving in excess of 50." What this means is that I don't qualify for the 90 day suspension. He checked off the wrong box. FYI, I didn't come here looking for support, I just wanted a few answers. Do you all get high and mighty on me. I made a mistake that I regret and it was the only time I've ever done it.
    then you do it again and we'll hear "jeez i only did it once before! wtf"

who cares if he checked the wrong box. take it to court, cop shows up and you're still fucked.

get off calgary planet and stop listening to the 16 year old lawyers.

you're fucked and you deserve it.
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

jd33 Guest

I deserve everything I get no doubt, I agree with that but in this case I'm being let off the hook. If i ever do it again I'll be fucked and I deserve to loose my licience for a year and I'll deserve the big fine and i'll deserve jail time if it is that bad. But I won't do it again because I learned a lot from this.

The ticket is to be taken to motor registration if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the officer let me off easy where it was first offense and my criminal record is spotless?

I deserve everything I get no doubt, I agree with that but in this case I'm being let off the hook. If i ever do it again I'll be fucked and I deserve to loose my licience for a year and I'll deserve the big fine and i'll deserve jail time if it is that bad. But I won't do it again because I learned a lot from this.

The ticket is to be taken to motor registration if I'm not mistaken. Maybe the officer let me off easy where it was first offense and my criminal record is spotless?
    If you do it again, I'm pretty sure you deserve to lose your license forever and not just a year.

And I'm pretty sure the officer doesn't just 'let people off' b/c it's their first offense.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

No, you're not exactly off the hook. If the officer catches the mistake, he still has a period in which he can correct it.

jd33 Guest

Damn it. I read the ticket wrong because I didn't have my glasses on, 90 day minimum here I come, I'm fucked. I hope you all are happy...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast