Quantcast
Rant.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rant....

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Default Rant....

Okay... I've pent this up long enough, so I'm just gonna post it and rant away for about 5 minutes here to get it out of my system. I don't care if you give a fuck or not, you're welcome to disagree or agree with me...

(gets out soapbox, dusts it off, gets on)

What in the bleeding donkeyfuck is with people on Beyond recently? I mean, go to pretty much any thread that isn't in SLCEP or involving sex or sexy women in any sense, and there is a bash/attack/snipe at some poster in the thread. This has happened to me, this has happened to others that know who they are.

I know that a lot of Beyond is made up of people discovering what their dicks/pussies are used for, but for the other half of beyond, the supposed "mature" crowd of us 20+ year olds, one would expect some form of decent forum ettiquette. I'm not expecting white linen and formal dancing, fuck that. But "OMG he/she posted an opinion that isn't mine, he/she's a fucktard and a dickwad and blah blah blah" is just REALLY FUCKING PISSING ME OFF.

FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE!!!! Grow the MOTHERFUCK up, get your heads out of your asses, put your e-peens back into your e-pants and get a grip on your fucking life. STOP with the pointless bashing, STOP with the counterposting, STOP with the attacks on people that haven't done anything wrong except exist. My GOD people, IT'S AN INTERNET FORUM.... you can't win it! Stop trying to!

And I know the first reply will be "your point on yourself." Yes, I know this is the internet, but I actually *LIKE* Beyond. It's still a fun place to be and post and such, but there is a disease eating away at the core of it and I'm pissed off at the "laissez faire" attitude that everyone has about it.

(steps off soapbox, clears throat)

I do welcome discussion on this matter. If you feel my post flameworthy, please feel free to PM me about your concern and I will promptly delete it in the order in which it was received. Thank you.

EDIT: I posted this is SLCEP because it is an ongoing plague in our little "society" and being a "current event" I felt it appropriate to post it here
    Last edited by Vagabond142; 04-27-2006 at 06:12 PM.
    Geek

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

I agree with the rant. And it also helped expand my vocabulary.

My Ride
    '95 Talon ESi-T

I agree, and I can't but help feel your passion for this topic... so... you should turn this post into a video blog. it would be more powerful.

frostyda9 Guest

You just have to take the good with the bad Vagabond. Every week there's some newbian e-tard here to stir things up. Everyone at one point or another has probably thought "fuck this, what a waste of time", but in the the there are a lot of good people here and a lot of knowledgeable people as well

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Originally posted by motion
    I agree, and I can't but help feel your passion for this topic... so... you should turn this post into a video blog. it would be more powerful.
    Plus, I bet you just want to hear me bellow "BLEEDING DONKEYFUCK!"

Frosty: I do agree that there are a lot of quality people on Beyond, I know quite a few of them, met them, are friends with them. But it's not just the e-tards that are being the attacking assholes. There are some long time members attacking as well. It seems to be more a trend than a newbie thing. That's why it irks me so.
    Geek

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by MudCrawler
    I agree with the rant. And it also helped expand my vocabulary.

I think at the end of the day though, beyond is about entertainment as much as it is a place to learn and ask questions. When there's beef it is entertaining and I don't have a problem with it.

If someone comes on beyond declaring a skyline a supercar or tries slutting it out with every other guy I believe they deserve to be made fun of.

My Ride
    Civic dx

you are a very angry person....

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Hak-man: I agree, poking fun at people is fine, as long as it's meant that way and understood that way. I will take a slobberknocker off the jaw for entertainment (just look at the Solstice GXP or whatever engine thread).

BUT! Actual, aggressive, nasty, demeaning and just plain CRUEL attacks at people are never called for, and they are rising by the week. I'm just hoping that it's all that pent up cabin fever from winter getting out and it's a trend that will pass. Plus, there are a few dedicated shitstirrers on here, which doesn't help. Not naming names, but I think most of us experienced members know who they are.
    Geek

My Ride
    GTI

Go fuck yourself Simon, you're only agreeing with me to be "cool." Look at your faggot ass avatar you punk bitch, coming on here and acting like we're all children.

I'll see you at the bike racks.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

Awwww... but I like the basketball courts better :\ Ah well (trundles off to bike racks, kicks the shit outta Hakkola) I'm bigger, I'm better trained, and I'm stronger, FOO!

ANyways, enough of that hijack... back to your regularly scheduled rantage and response ^_^
    Geek

My Ride
    GTI

Dammit Simon, don't try to unhijack my hijack...

fucker.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    '95 Talon ESi-T

Originally posted by dj_rice
    supers for me please.

My Ride
    has three pedals

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

^^
    That sig is fucking sweet!

Its hard to avoid this on the internet, especially internet forums such as this one. Its easier to type things you normally would not say to someone in person from the safety of your pc.

Not much you can do really. Its the mods jobs to filter out the stuff thats over the line and penalize those responsible.

I am no saint.. I can get excited over things.. lol.

My Ride
    has three pedals

thanks!

no one is rude in our little section of beyond!

(bmw club)

My Ride
    GTI

Originally posted by Goblin
    thanks!

no one is rude in our little section of beyond!

(bmw club)
    Hey look, the BMW guys think they're better than everyone.

My Ride
    A car... beep! beep!

Originally posted by Hakkola

Hey look, the BMW guys think they're better than everyone.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

You know what I miss about Beyond?

Cavboi.

Honestly, the guy sells his Cav, buys an RSX, learns to spell, and Beyond goes straight down the tubes. Coincidence? I think not.

My Ride
    FOR SALE: 02EP3

Originally posted by dj_rice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast