Quantcast
Credit Cards - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Credit Cards

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Default Credit Cards

I'm shopping for a new CC.

Currently I have a Gm Visa card and I don't see myself ever purchasing a GM vehicle, so i figured I might as well look for a card that has some kind of reward program that I will actually use.

Interest rates don't both me because I don't carry a balance on my CC and the card must have no annual fees.

I was thinking about the Amex airmiles card, but amex isn't as widely accepted as MC and VISA.

Any suggestions? Maybe something with a cashback plan?
    Tim

My Ride
    was not purchased by daddy

I would suggest a gas card so like Petro or something! 5 cent per litre off!

My Ride
    2014 GMC Terrain SLE-2 V6

what about Mosaik MC from BOM? It has airmiles...

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

i got the Aero Classic Visa from CIBC, it does have an annual fee, but its $30, so not bad, get 2 aeroplan miles for every dollar you spend, i figure since i do fly often that the miles will pay off for a free trip, its not a bad card, dividend cards are also pretty good too, the CIBC Visa dividend card has no annual fee and you get a credit on your card once a year based on how much u spent on your card durring the year, which is pretty nice reward as well

Originally posted by joyridder
    I use this one quite often. Bring on the trip to vegas!

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

Don't get AMEX, can't use it anywhere and the interest is slightly higher than MC and VISA I believe. I actually got rid of my AMEX, because I could never use it.

My Ride
    W204

If you shop at the Superstore, try the PC Mastercard. It's 1% back that you can spend at Superstore. No fees. I've had the card for gawd knows how long (probably 10 years at least), and I've cashed in about $1,300 (just checked my account). Of course, this was when they were more generous with points (ie. free points for signing up direct pay, free points for bill payments, etc.. all of which are gone now).

Their customer service has been very good too. One time I had $1300 charged to the card, from an unkown source. It was taken off within a day. The only problem I encountered was when I was in Hong Kong - transactions wouldn't go through b/c the fraud system had kicked in. A phone call fixed the problem though.
    You have a couple of photos that are great... you must be very good at photoshop!

Originally posted by joyridder

If you fly a lot the Mosiak gold card is great. All continental westjet flights end up being under 1500 airmiles and some are around 800 airmiles return (wpg to cgy). I generally earn around 1500-2000 airmiles per year. So its not a bad return.

My Ride
    Bicycle

PC Mastercard if you shop @ superstore

AMEX Airmiles if paid on time and like to collect air miles

CIBC 1% cash back MC is also good choice but has a bit more hassle over the 2 above.

Any reward program that charges annual fee is not worth it unless you are running a business thru that card. Personal spending doesn't justify fees nor you have enough transactions amount that take advantage of the return.

My Ride
    Kompressor

I'm using Mosaik Mastercard. It has 0.5% cashback... very easy to apply Just do it online!

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by Xtrema

Any reward program that charges annual fee is not worth it unless you are running a business thru that card. Personal spending doesn't justify fees nor you have enough transactions amount that take advantage of the return.
    I dunno about that. Some people like me put every transaction possible through cards to get points.

$25,000 on a CIBC aerogold = 25,000 points = up to an $800 flight from Air Canada (continental US and Canada) vs. the $120 fee. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Anyone using the Canadian Tire mastercard?
    Tim

Last edited by kaput; 01-05-2017 at 02:39 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by benyl

I dunno about that. Some people like me put every transaction possible through cards to get points.

$25,000 on a CIBC aerogold = 25,000 points = up to an $800 flight from Air Canada (continental US and Canada) vs. the $120 fee. Not a bad deal if you ask me.
    That's not bad, slightly above 2% return which most paid reward usually do.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-01-2006 at 12:56 PM.

My Ride
    2004 Nissan Titan LE

I too have the mosaik mastercard if you collect Airmiles then its worth it, between that and shopping at safeway I have collected over 10,000 air miles in less then a year.

I have the BMO Gold Mosaik, and it's a 70 dollar/year annual fee, but they sent me a coupon that gives me up to 5.85 per month in banking fee credits so I don't have to pay a monthly fee for banking. But now that I think about it, I rarely pay for the fee anyways since i keep the balance above a certain amount...

Originally posted by jer82
    I too have the mosaik mastercard if you collect Airmiles then its worth it, between that and shopping at safeway I have collected over 10,000 air miles in less then a year.
    10,000 airmiles per year? How do you get that many air miles?

Thats the equivalent of spending $75,000 on your credit card (while shopping at an air miles sponsor).

My Ride
    2004 Nissan Titan LE

Like I said in my post that is a combination between buying groceries at safeway and using the mosaik mastercard. I also have the 1/15$ at $70/yr. At safeway there are a lot of bonus offers (spend $200 and get 200 bonus air miles) as well as buy 8 of such and such a product and get bonus 100 etc. keep doing those and you will collect fast. I do however have 150 rolls of toilet paper and 15 spare tubes of toothpaste but I have enough airmiles to buy a 1 week all inclusive trip somewhere.. I just need a few thousand more and I can take my gf with me!

My Ride
    180sx

Go ATB Finacial Gold program good cash back program
    Payner

My Ride
    2009 Forester

Originally posted by rony_espana
    Don't get AMEX, can't use it anywhere and the interest is slightly higher than MC and VISA I believe. I actually got rid of my AMEX, because I could never use it.
    Can you give me some examples of places that don't take amex? The only place that comes to mind is the superstore.

And like I said, I don't carry a balance on my CC, so their higher interest rate means nothing to me.
    Tim

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast