58 76.32%
  • no

4 5.26%
  • no change

14 18.42%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: annoying driving habits

Originally posted by Audio_Rookie

While I agree its kinda annoying.....dosnt it make sense to slow down before the light? Ideally it would be best to slown down to a speed where you can travel the same speed to the light, and it will turn green as you get there....so you dont have to waste all that energy in stopping and accelerating back to full speed again.
    I can agree with you on this, but, what really pisses me off is when everyone around you is stopped including the car in front of you, but the car in front of you has left a 2-3 car gap and they just slooooooooowly creep and then that leaves 2-3 car gap in front of yourself.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by l/l/rX
    I can agree with you on this, but, what really pisses me off is when everyone around you is stopped including the car in front of you, but the car in front of you has left a 2-3 car gap and they just slooooooooowly creep and then that leaves 2-3 car gap in front of yourself.
    x1000..there is a big difference between someone moving once after the car behind them as stopped and the annoying 1 km/hr creep because they left a 3 car gap. Always the automatic tranny drivers I'd bet haha.

So amusing - two threads now going on driving habits. Too cool Calgaryscot.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2011 Mustang GT

Originally posted by frostyda9

People generally know how to use it, but I see a lot of people mistakes. Mistake 1: travalling more than one exit around the outside of the circle.
    Ummm, hate to point this out, but you can travel all the way around the outside circle, so long as you yield to the inside lane.

So my biggest hatred for traffic circles is that even people who believe they are in the right are actually in the wrong. Then on top of that, the government revises the signage and rules to individual traffic circles just to confuse ppl even more!

I want to keep a large stack of driving education books in my car so I can hand them out to idiots I find on the roads.
    Beyond's Most Wanted

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

I worked downtown for just about a year and took the crappy train. Now that im driving to work its amazing how many Calgarians should not be on the road. Also I find so many that just could care less about others.

When im the first one at a light and someone is trying to turn right I pull ahead. Its not very hard and sometimes can let like 2-3 vehicles go on their way. Same goes for people that block left hand turn lanes. MOVE UP you can fit another car in there.

Those two things are probably my most annoying driving habits that I see from others.

One thing I do find is that 80% of the people that drive on the new ring road actually move over when they see people coming in the far left lane. Imagine that, people actually obeying the law.

Canada in general just needs better driving education. The law itself is not the issue, since basic stuff like driving under the speed limit in the left lane is ignored by the police. We need a better system like Europe where getting a drivers license is like going to college. I loved driving in Germany and France. In Germany everyone knows how to drive and Obey the law. In france you have like 5 lights in the whole country (haha seriously though right roads are amazing)

My Ride
    Forester STI

Slow drivers in the left lanes. I dont mean the guy doing the limit and are overtaking a slower a car, I mean the ones doing 20 or more under the posted limit and hold up traffic.
    And I agree with everything OP said.

While I'm at it, when someones being pulled over by the cops and they stop in the middle of the road instead of proceeding to the nearest side street or parking lot. Which is a lot safer for the cop, the offender and not hold up traffic. Dont worry people, the nice police man will follow you
    The Lazymans Signature (tm)

My Ride
    2017 Nissan Morano/2018 Chevy Cruze/2001 Dodge2500

Originally posted by Tezzating

While I'm at it, when someones being pulled over by the cops and they stop in the middle of the road instead of proceeding to the nearest side street or parking lot. Which is a lot safer for the cop, the offender and not hold up traffic. Dont worry people, the nice police man will follow you
    Yes!! OMG the people that get into a fender bender where you cant even see any paint on the bumper, but yet they stop in the left hand lane during rush hour to chit chat.

Years ago in Kelowna I got hit by a jacked up 4x4 and caused a 5 car pile up. We all moved into the hotel parking lot min later. Police and fire truck all did there stuff there. No need to hold up everyone.

My Ride
    2017 Golf TSI

Originally posted by Tezzating
    Slow drivers in the left lanes. I dont mean the guy doing the limit and are overtaking a slower a car, I mean the ones doing 20 or more under the posted limit and hold up traffic.
    And I agree with everything OP said.

Flip side of this - I was pulled over by a cop on my way home one night. I was on country hills where it was about 1km before the next intersection. As soon as I pulled on to country hills the cop threw his lights on and pulled in behind me, I moved right and carried on to the next side street and pulled over there (indicating to him what I was doing). When the cop got to my window he gave me proper shit for not pulling over the second he turned his lights on. Told me it was his decision to pull me over there and I should stop right away, HE will make the call about where it is safe.

I was being pulled over for having lights out on a trailer I was pulling, I felt it was not exactly the sort of thing that had to be handled that second given that he had already been following me for 2-3 minutes.
    Originally posted by Vagabond142
    Is the best game. Ever. In everness. It is more awesome than a robot caveman punching God in the dick. It is that awesome

i have one from this morning
    i wanted to turn right at a stop sign. the two cars in front of me parked half in the lane to turn right and half in the lane to turn left. so they had to sit and wait to turn left for ages til there was a break in traffic prevented me from turning right.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Zero102

Told me it was his decision to pull me over there and I should stop right away, HE will make the call about where it is safe.

Slam on the brakes next time.

driving for miles with your turn signals on when you aren't going to turn, or already did and just don't turn them off - drives me batty

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2