4 5.26%
  • no change

14 18.42%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: annoying driving habits

My Ride
    renault laguna

Default annoying driving habits

use this thread to let loose your rants concerning modern drivers and what gets on your nerves when driving.

for me being a truck driver i have the following rants....
    1..roundabouts...why cant people learn to use them correctly

2..indicators..they are there to inform other road users of your intentions...we are not all mind readers

3..parking too near a junction..i swear one of these days i'll just take out someones car parked on a corner thus making it impossible for me to manouver my truck

these are just a few...i'm sure you guys (& gals) over in canada can add some more...............

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

1. Unfortunatly, we dont have many roundabouts here, in fact off the top of my head i can only think of about five. But i must say, for how few we have, people generally use them quite well here.

2. HUGE problem here. Too much crap going on inside of the persons car for them to even give half a shit about usin indicators.

3. Unlike where you live, we dont generally have Full size trucks (Semi-Trucks) within residential areas, other than downtown of course. But my problem with people parking too close to a junction is that i cant see left or right while stopped.

My Ride
    renault laguna

Originally posted by MudCrawler
    1. Unfortunatly, we dont have many roundabouts here, in fact off the top of my head i can only think of about five.
    only 5
    off the top of my head there are over 30 within 5 miles of me.

you lucky sods

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

Originally posted by bonedavid

only 5
    off the top of my head there are over 30 within 5 miles of me.

you lucky sods
    lucky? hah, i find them quite useful. I actually just returned home from your neck of the woods, and i loved everything about england EXCEPT the road systems. Your roads just get more and more busy i hear!

My Ride
    Blazaah

Same thread in the general car/bike talk , that you made ! LOL

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:54 PM.

My Ride
    Eclipse

we have 2 small roundabouts in signal hill, then another 2 in spring bank..

People know how to drive them.. Also one in Mckenzie
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    This and that.

No way those freaking roundabouts are useful! They are annoying as well! When I moved here in Scotland from Canada and came around a freaking round about almost every damn block, it pissed me right off! I like our Canadian roads system SOOOO MUCH better compared to UK.

frostyda9 Guest

Originally posted by Kobe
    Also one in Mckenzie
    People generally know how to use it, but I see a lot of people mistakes. Mistake 1: travalling more than one exit around the outside of the circle. Mistake 2: failing to yield to someone who is on the inside of the traffic circle already. If someone is tralelling on the inside of the circle, they don't have to yield to anyone.

If we could just get people to do this, is would work very well:

People on the inside exit to the left lane. People entering the circle who are using the next exit (ie Prestwick Blvd to McKenzie Towne Blvd) would not have to stop and wait for the vehicle in the inside to see whether he will exit left lane or right lane. Every morning I have to sit there and wait just to make sure someone doesn't cut across and exit to the right lane (which lots do, to get into the Deerfoot north lane).

My annoying driving habit....

I HATE when people coast to a red light. I've actually been able to pass a car that's braking for a red, and stop in front of him, before he even stops behind me.

My Ride
    Has Three Pedals

I love going around in cirlces in a round a bout lol

My Ride
    2015 VW GTI

I wish we had Roundabouts at every intersection in Calgary.. They are SOOOO fucking easy to use..

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Yeah, I actually like roundabouts. Combine roundabouts with the Canadian grid system, it would be excellent!

My Ride
    renault laguna

Originally posted by Cheeky
    Same thread in the general car/bike talk , that you made ! LOL
    ooops...sorry about that...not intentional i assure you.

must be getting senile

My Ride
    renault laguna

Originally posted by MudCrawler

lucky? hah, i find them quite useful. I actually just returned home from your neck of the woods, and i loved everything about england EXCEPT the road systems. Your roads just get more and more busy i hear!
    yes..toooo busy by half...me being a truck driver the roads are my place of work...if i drive my truck into london your looking at an average spped of 5mph

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

There are at least 15 roundabouts in Calgary, with a very high number of those being in that area West of Elbow Drive between Glenmore and 17th ave SW. I drive a lot in there, as there are a lot of ULS customers there, I sometimes even take Big Bertha in there (our massive watering truck that has a GVW of 15,000 lbs on average :P).

But, what annoys me is when I'm driving the very heavy and very big watering truck and I leave myself a good braking distance because I can't exactly stop on a dime and people will dive into the braking space when I'm slowing down for a red.

I also really hate how people here, when you signal to change lanes, will race forward to CLOSE the gap that you would be merging into instead of letting you in
    Geek

My Ride
    89 Shelby daytona

Originally posted by BlackArcher101
    I HATE when people coast to a red light. I've actually been able to pass a car that's braking for a red, and stop in front of him, before he even stops behind me.
    While I agree its kinda annoying.....dosnt it make sense to slow down before the light? Ideally it would be best to slown down to a speed where you can travel the same speed to the light, and it will turn green as you get there....so you dont have to waste all that energy in stopping and accelerating back to full speed again.

under confident drivers... esp. in the NE... maybe cuz the NE is made up of chinese and brown people
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    2016 Hyundai Tucson

I will probably get pelters for this but here goes :-)

On traffic circles or roundabouts, they are the best thing ever to keep traffic moving if used, and more importantly, designed properly.

Lets take the one in McKenzie Towne for example!

The idea that only the first exit should use the right lane is not good, one lane for one exit while four (if you count doubling back) exits share the other lane; how does that help traffic flow???

Exiting from the inside is another bad idea, unless both lanes are exiting on to a two lane road. Would you turn right from the left lane on any other road??? Try turning right from any other two lane road from the left lane and see what happens!

A roundabout is just an intersection that happens to have a circle in the middle after all so it shouldn't be approached differently.

The signs with the arrows on both approaches from McKenzie Towne Blvd CLEARLY show that if going straight through i.e. continuing on McKenzie Towne Blvd, then BOTH lanes can be used, prepare for a torrent of abuse if you do this coming West from the uneducated though. Do the same coming from the East and it's accepted, same signage, different reactions from drivers, not sure why??

I grew up and drove for many years in a country that has them at every junction so I have driven a few in my time and have witnessed how they can improve traffic flow greatly, when used to maximise the flow and not hinder as this one seems to do.

I welcome constructive healthy debate on this subject :-)

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Lol, the only "pelters" you'll get is for bumping an almost 8 year old thread and not using this one created in December :P

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/377154/in...iving-habits-/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast