Quantcast
Import Sports Car under 30k (Cdn) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Import Sports Car under 30k (Cdn)

Default Import Sports Car under 30k (Cdn)

Hi~ First timer. Wanna ask you car experts -
    any suggestion on Sports Car under 30k (Cdn)?
    For ex., 06' Civic Si, 06' MX-5? Anything else?

BTW, do u know anyone anywhere selling a low-milage IS300?

1) Buy a 2000-2001 Audi S4 (25,000-30,000) and spend $1000 on a chip, boosting power from 250hp/258 torque to 310/380 respectively. You get AWD, practicality and a fast car.

2) 2001-2003ish BME 330i or 330ci (the ci may be too much $$)

3) 2000 BMW 540i - fast, sporty, V8, but perhaps too big and practical if you want a pure sports car.

4) 2003ish Lexus IS300 wouldn't be bad but their slow.

5) A Civic isn't a sports car, nor is anything with front wheel drive in my opinion. Also, you need to be at 8000RPM to make any power

6) 2003-2004 Subaru WRX - AWD, rally history, good tuning potential for cheap (it has 3 catalytic converters, one even BEFORE the turbo - removing them and getting engine management is good for 50 WHEEL HP.

7) 2003-2004 Infinity G35 - excellent car all round

8) 2002-2003 AUDI A-4 - reasonably fast/sporty with solid build quality

9) 2002-2003 Jaguar X-type - up to you but I wouldnt touch anything with Ford parts in it. AWD and reasonably sporty.

10) 2003 Cadillac CTS - nothing depreciates faster than a Caddy due to their Cavilier interiors and quality control issues but someon else's loss can be your gain, not a terrible car but its slow.

11) A miata is supposed to be a nice drive but in my opinion you need a vagina to own one. Its also extremely slow.

Hopefully that helps, and keep in mind these are just my opinions. I have however driven every car on my list and own 2 of them so if you want any additional info fire me a PM.

Let us know what you choose,

Mark
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-04-2006 at 08:24 AM.

I strongly prefer a new JPN car except G35 coupe and IS300.
    People said Nissian has lots of problems compare to other JPN cars. Thus, if used, I only look at IS300 with low milage. Do u know anyone who selling one?

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    1) Buy a 2000-2001 Audi S4 (25,000-30,000) and spend $1000 on a chip, boosting power from 250hp/258 torque to 310/380 respectively. You get AWD, practicality and a fast car.

2) 2001-2003ish BME 330i or 330ci (the ci may be too much $$)

3) 2000 BMW 540i - fast, sporty, V8, but perhaps too big and practical if you want a pure sports car.

4) 2003ish Lexus IS300 wouldn't be bad but their slow.

5) A Civic isn't a sports car, nor is anything with front wheel drive in my opinion. Also, you need to be at 8000RPM to make any power

6) 2003-2004 Subaru WRX - AWD, rally history, good tuning potential for cheap (it has 3 catalytic converters, one even BEFORE the turbo - removing them and getting engine management is good for 50 WHEEL HP.

7) 2003-2004 Infinity G35 - excellent car all round

8) 2002-2003 AUDI A-4 - reasonably fast/sporty with solid build quality

9) 2002-2003 Jaguar X-type - up to you but I wouldnt touch anything with Ford parts in it. AWD and reasonably sporty.

10) 2003 Cadillac CTS - nothing depreciates faster than a Caddy due to their Cavilier interiors and quality control issues but someon else's loss can be your gain, not a terrible car but its slow.

11) A miata is supposed to be a nice drive but in my opinion you need a vagina to own one. Its also extremely slow.

Hopefully that helps, and keep in mind these are just my opinions. I have however driven every car on my list and own 2 of them so if you want any additional info fire me a PM.

Let us know what you choose,

Mark

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You can find used S2000's in the $22-30k range.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

I don't unfortunately. I do however know another guy looking for one who is not only looking in calgary and he can't find one to save his life.

I think you would be the most happy with a slightly used jap/german product allowing you in a much higher class of car if you want something sporty. That being said if your one of those people who LOVES warranties (and I don't mean that in a bad way) then I guess new is the way to go. If you take your time choosing a car you can even find a used one with an extended warranty. My whole family has never had any issuse costing more than a few hundred in our history of owning primarily few-year-old used cars. Unfortunately there is no sports car for sale brand new for under 30K.

Mark

Originally posted by rage2
    You can find used S2000's in the $22-30k range.

S2000 would be a good car if you wanted a summer only car that makes all its power between 7000 and 8000 RPM. Once again I don't mean that in a bad way, some people are into that. I personally dont like to have to have a screaming engine making average power and no torque. That being said they handle and drive excellently.

Mark

I'm looking for an everyday car (incl. winter). Thus, I wonder if Miata ok for winter? I really want a convertible.

P.S. I prefer getting a new car if possible.

S2000 would be a good car if you wanted a summer only car that makes all its power between 7000 and 8000 RPM. Once again I don't mean that in a bad way, some people are into that. I personally dont like to have to have a screaming engine making average power and no torque. That being said they handle and drive excellently.

Mark

I would consider most of the cars in this thread sporty cars, but definitely not sports cars. You'd be hard pressed to find a new one for under $30k.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

If you want a sporty car for under 30 grand from Japan that you can drive in winter get an 06 Si.

I'm looking for a Miata to drive in Toronto's winter. Is it possible? What r the pros and cons?

Originally posted by Aleks
    If you want a sporty car for under 30 grand from Japan that you can drive in winter get an 06 Si.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

I have never driven one but from everything i read they are incredibly fun and awsome cars. I thought the new miata was >30 Grand tho
    With good snow tires you shouldn't have an issue. I know someone here who drives one all the time but our winters out west have been relatively snow free lately.

Originally posted by peter_pan
    I'm looking for a Miata to drive in Toronto's winter. Is it possible? What r the pros and cons?

Pros: handiling

Cons: Image, acceleration, speed, etc. etc. etc.

Mark

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

Pros: handiling

Cons: Image, acceleration, speed, etc. etc. etc.

Mark

Disagree with ur cons, have you driven the new mx5 or the mazdaspeed miata? It is a lot better than the previous generation in regards to its looks and acceleration. I have never considered a miata until the 3rd generation. and yes you can get a base barebone mx5 miata for around 30,000k incl tax.
    I got mine fully loaded around 39k with the hardtop. a fully loaded one with LSD and DSC is around $42000 incl tax with the hardtop.

for winter, get some winter tires and you are ready to roll. I don't drive mine if the roads are pretty bad during the winter, I have my other car.

the best thing about the new mx5 is a small 2l engine which I like, easy to clean and the softtop is the best! 5 seconds top up or down. you can even put it up or down while the car is moving. which the solstice cannot match + it has a real trunk!
    Last edited by guessboi; 05-04-2006 at 09:39 PM.
    Insurance Pro

Originally posted by guessboi

Disagree with ur cons, have you driven the new mx5 or the mazdaspeed miata? It is a lot better than the previous generation in regards to its looks and acceleration. I have never considered a miata until the 3rd generation. and yes you can get a base barebone mx5 miata for around 30,000k incl tax.
    I got mine fully loaded around 39k with the hardtop. a fully loaded one with LSD and DSC is around $42000 incl tax with the hardtop.

for winter, get some winter tires and you are ready to roll. I don't drive mine if the roads are pretty bad during the winter, I have my other car.

the best thing about the new mx5 is a small 2l engine which I like, easy to clean and the softtop is the best! 5 seconds top up or down. you can even put it up or down while the car is moving. which the solstice cannot match + it has a real trunk!

Your right in that it gets great reviews, has a nice little engine and handles very well. I can't say anything bad about build quality either. My only issues come with performance and image. To me its a "chick" car just like the VW beetle. Its a 7.X second 0-60 car which is in my personal opinion pathetic for anything with a sports car label on it. Honda accords and most regular family sedans match or beat this by 1-2 seconds which is HUGE when talking 0-60 times. Additionally, what people like, many who don't even know it is torque. Torque is what gets you moving and torque is your acceleration. Horse power is passing on the highway/top speed power. The problem with a non-turbo 4cyl engine in a "sports" car is that it makes all its HP at a bazillion RPM, with a non-flat power/torque curve. Some people like that, the S2000 case and point. Even when you throw a turbo on a 4cyl engine, a 2L engine needs alot of exhaust velocity to spool a turbo and your looking at 3500RPM before any power happens. However for me any kind of "sports" car needs to have it all not just some of it. My personal preference, unless i'm going full-on sports car, is a sports sedan with performance such that I can't tell im not in a sports car + the practicality + the sleeper aspect.

Mark
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 05-04-2006 at 11:13 PM.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

MX-5's are immensely driveable in winter. Just as long as you have the hard top to go with it, all you need do is change out the summer wheels for winter wheels with winter rubber on them and you're flyin

If you truly want the best "all year" sports car, it would have to be a WRX. 2002+ models are incredible handlers in all weather conditions, and have very good power.
    Geek

Default is300 for sale

my husband and I are selling our 2001 Lexus IS300 with or without the aftermartket parts. Email Justin and Jenn at [email protected]