Quantcast
STOLEN! Parts lookout! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: STOLEN! Parts lookout!

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Default STOLEN! Parts lookout!

my friends ride got broken into at a bodyshop twice this week, not goin to name the business but here's what went missing!

Ractive red racing seat.. first model

Sparco bracket, is custom made for a 91 prelude with a weapon R dragon sticker on one of the brackets... brackets are black

18" MHT silver Diablo style 4 bolt universal with Yokohama Parada 215/35/ZR18

Momo Apache red steering wheel

91 prelude white center console

Panasonic day/night mp3 player... it has a big screen, glows all blue, silver

Alpine V12 600w amp older style

2 12" MTX w/grey cloth box older style sub

if spotted please msg me asap... thanks
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Bicycle

That sucked but if the car is in the possession of this "bodyshop", don't they have insurance to cover it? Won't the car's owner's insurance cover it?

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

ya i agree. crap gives me more of a reason not to put a sound system in until after my car is painted

My Ride
    Mazda 3

YES they are covering it for my friend, but he's not going to get full value.... the lot got broken into 3 times in 4 nights.. we think its a inside job but no proof... well he gets all new parts anyways, talking to the insurance adjusters... appraisers already took alook at the ride, but they are trying to figure a cost or write it off

My Ride
    Rav4

Whats the business name ?

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

if he has receipts, he should have no trouble getting full value back either from his insurance or the shop's insurance,

this smells a little fishy

My Ride
    Mazda 3

ya we think its a inside job, but can't prove it... the owners ride got smashed up but the suped up mustang beside his never got touched, the ride had 18" wheels also, full kit and lots of aftermarket parts... strange eh? the owner could not fix my buddies frame and he kept delaying for a month but he said the ride will be done tuesday and sunday the ride gets jacked up... he still left it outside when he said it will always be in the shop when my friend leaves it there... then 2 days later it gets jacked up again, racing seat and steering wheel......

The shop is like a compound, barb wires and all, we dont even know how the thiefs got the parts out?? first break in no forced entry at all, almost like the thiefs had the key.... after we mentioned it to him (owner) when we checked out the ride and talked to the police then the windows get smashed with a screw driver 2 days later...

I will release the name of the shop once the insurance finishes the cost of damage and when the car is out of that shop.....

I won't leave my car anywhere period unless I'm there. Guess that's why if it ever gets painted I'll be doing it at my buddies place.

That's also why I got rid of all of my stereo gear. Wasn't worth the worry any longer and subs and amps weigh too much anyhow.

Good luck with your situation man. I'm sorry but there's no fucking excuse for a shop to get broken into 3 times in the same week. Once, OK, shit happens, but then you do something about it. Wake the fuck up, or stop stealing your customers parts dumbasses.

My Ride
    GTI

Sounds like they're being dicks about it, why not tell the name of the business then, I wouldn't want any body else to go there and have the same problem, regardless of wether or not it is an inside job.

My Ride
    Blazaah

exactly, no need to wait till you get a settlement.

who is it?? what if one of our guys goes there and gets there ride fucked up....and you could have prevented it by just telling us who it is !!

lol k, so tell!!!

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

that blows man. my car was at the shop and im out 2 15inch solobarics subs 2 1000watt rockford bds 1 alpine 4 channel amp and 4 rockford caps. Youd think the person you are doing business with would be resposible for it.

even tho i was told the car was goin to be inside at all times durring the nite i pulled up one day to give him a part i get the bad news... "someone smashed your window and took your system"

shitty part is my system was appraised at $5400 and insurence will only pay out $1500 bucks.
    Last edited by LudeRoca; 05-06-2006 at 10:51 AM.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

well aight ill say the business name...

IMpact frames, shady owner! Tom Shiel... the insurance is probably going to write-off the ride since there was over $8000 in damage, also to the new pearl paint job...

hopefully my friend gets his money back that he invested into the ride... or hopefully everythin that was taken be replaced!

My Ride
    Mazda 3

anyone kno or run into these parts msg me, reward if found!!

My Ride
    Mazda 3

Contacted IMpact today... their insurance is not covering the car!! They told my friend if they left the gates open then the insurance would cover but since the did their best to protect the car as in barb wires and a gated compound, they are not liable for the damage and thief of the parts????? what a load of crap! what kind of insurance company is that??? well we contacted Sovereign Isurance (whom IMpact is insured with) and made a complaint... The claims adjuster Bruce was pretty nice about the situation, he told us why the claim was not allowed!

We told him we made a agreement with the owner of the place and my friends car will always be inside the shop... and the car will be fixed in a week, it took 1 1/2 months to even start the frame work and now the car has over $7000 damage and missing parts... we explained to them that the owner was neglegent on his part by leaving the car in the lot and not in doors, including the owner stalled on the repairs which should have normally be fixed in 2 days NOT 1 1/2 months... so the claims adjuster was pretty nice about it and said he would reopen the file and look over all the policys and he did not know of the new information we just provided to him...GREAT!!

The owner now says he is willing to fork out $4000 in repairs, but we will see what happens... and when he is going to repair the car...

we told IMpact and their insurance company that if not handled we will hand this case into our lawyers to deal with.... that got the ball rolling!!

So people BEWARE, if you have your porsche or BMW in that shop and it gets stolen out of their compound, YOUR insurance is liable NOT theirs!!! (Whats the freakin point in having insurance, if the insurance dont cover losses?? How can they run a business when they cannot protect their customers vehicles or cover losses that happens on site??!!!)
    Last edited by ?????; 05-09-2006 at 06:46 PM.

My Ride
    08 GSR

Dude man that's harsh. I feel bad for your buddy. I'll keep an eye out for those parts for you.

My Ride
    95 AC INTEG 90 crx si

thats the exact same thing that just happend to me. My car was in a compound and he told me he was goin to leave it indoors at all times. I called my insurence company and they are looking in to it now. Looks like ill have to take some legal actions as well.

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

(^^^ how about letting someone know when you walk out of work??)

body shops all have a sign saying "we are not liable" which is BS...but that's the protection they need...that's why i am taking body parts to a shop to get it worked on...i will be locked inside, only the body parts needed to be worked on will be there

less chance of any BS going on

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

My Ride
    Mazda 3

ya if they have that sign, whats the point of insurance? thanks guys for helping

My Ride
    1991 Acura Integra

Default walk outs

Jass that happened to you at a shop? BRUTAL.

on another note,

Hey why did you walk out of work without telling anyone. Does your new employer know that? BRUTAL.

Originally posted by LudeRoca
    thats the exact same thing that just happend to me. My car was in a compound and he told me he was goin to leave it indoors at all times. I called my insurence company and they are looking in to it now. Looks like ill have to take some legal actions as well.

My Ride
    u know her very well...

this happened to my brother a year or so back, they didn't want to do shit about it,{ he got 3 lets say not so cheap parts ripped out of his 300m special edition) we didn't have to contact the insurance company cuz we said we were gonna call better buisness bureau and yea that got my brother full replacement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast