Quantcast
Canon A540 Accessory Lenses - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Canon A540 Accessory Lenses

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

Default Canon A540 Accessory Lenses

ive seen kits that come with teh adapter ring, telephoto, and wide angle lenses on ebay that will run me about $100,

i was wondering if its worth getting these or not? ive never played with lenses before, but i want to learn how they work and what situations they'd be useful in

are there any places in calgary that sell accessories for canon a540's that arent canon brand? if i could pick something up in calgary thats cheaper than paying for shipping on ebay...then i'll go for that..

thanks for any input in advance

I considered these when I had my A80. But when you look at the costs and what you get for your money, it's really not worth it. Unless you can get them for a great price.
    heloc that shit

those are garbage lens

there can be many flaws with third party lens you find on ebay.
    Things like shitty plastic grade, bad threading so you end up with bad fitting, and poor lens quality such as no coating or the lens isn't even the right shape! (the glass is not smooth, or one side of the lens is thicker than the other side..)

the price of a A540 plus the extension tube from canon and telephoto adapter, would be about the same as the A700 with 6x zoom and it would be overall smaller

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

You get what you pay for when it comes to lenses! The cheap ones are complete crap, with more distortion than a circus mirror, and chromatic aberration like crazy. Not to mention the increased chance of ghosting!

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

soo stick with point and shoot i assume...

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

And use your feet more.

TBH, I love shooting a prime lens, because it makes you think about composition and angles much more, rather than just turning a ring to get your composition. Move around, find different vantage points, that sort of thing. You could have a DSLR and a million lenses and still take poorer photos than a person with a P&S who's willing to work with what he has and get a bit creative. So take your A540 and get creative! Your camera has a 35-140mm lens, so you've already got 85mm more reach than my DLSR lens does!

My Ride
    2011 Audi TTs

alrightey then, thanks for hte help berserkercatsplat, i'll stick with what i have=)

I bought a camera package on eBay that included a wide-angle macro lens and a telephoto lens. The telephoto lens works fine for my camera and it doesn't affect the photo quality. The wide-angle lens though, it makes the sides of the photo go all distorted and crappy. However, it worked fine once I went into macro mode.

It's up to you if you think you really need these kinds of lenses. I don't use them much, but they come in really handy when I need them.