Quantcast
The Official Bubble Tea Thread - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Bubble Tea Thread

Default The Official Bubble Tea Thread

Well with bubble tea growing in popularity I thought I would make a thread about all the places I find bubble tea at . I will be adding to the list often and hopfully pictures soon too. Feel free to add your own places to the list too.

Name: Perfect Blend
    Location: Shop #11, 3616 - 52 Ave. NW (Across the street from Sir. Winston High School.)
    Minors allowed: Yes
    Hours: Mon-Fri: 7:00 AM - 7:30 PM (9:30 - 4:30 Sat)
    Review: Ok so the best part about this place is probably the staff. When I went in the lady explained to me the difference between their normal bubble tea and their smoothie bubble tea and how they use real fruit in the smoothie bla bla bla. Ok So I order the drink ($3.50 for normal bubble tea, $3.75 for smoothies) and sit down on the nice couch. The nie thing here is it is more of a starbucks type setting where you order your drink and wait for it rather then a restruant where you have to tip and all that. So the bubble tea finally comes out and it is sealed just like at Try Again :O. The bubble tea was really good too, however I found the pearals to be a little soft for my liking. Anyways I loved the place so much (btw the interior is almost as nice as aura lounge, with no smoking) that I had to go back an hour later. The Lchee Smoothie is to die for.

Name: Bubblemania
    Minors allowed: No. (smoking environment)
    Hours: Open til 2 am most days.
    Review: Bubblemania was the first bubbletea place I went to and I must say if there is a place that will get you addicted to the stuff its going to be bubblemania. The selection is unbeleiveable (and the wings ae good too). The only problem you might have is that you could cut the smoke with a knife and thats only if you can find a place to sit.

Name: Aura Lounge
    Location Centre Street and 16th Ave (Across the street from the old Brick building)
    Minors Allowed No (Smoking and alcohol) but they dont seem to ever id people.
    Hours: Open til 2 am most nights
    Review: Formally Banana Jacks this place is all about style. In that sense it is the compleate opposite of bubblemania. The selection is small and very expensive (just under $7 a shot) but that said the bubble tea is amazing. Try the coconut if you are going there, it is really interesting.

More coming really soon of:

Try Again
    Desert House
    Bubblelicious
    Peerless Pearl
    Phat Cafe
    Atomic
    Last edited by avow; 05-23-2006 at 09:16 PM.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I like the bubbleteas that you can get from Campus Cove @ the U of C... then again, that was teh ONLY bubble tea I could get near to in the time I had between classes.... their mochablasts are good tho prices range from $2.50-$5 and comes in two sizes, big or tiny :P
    Geek

wow i never knew there was bubble tea on campus. i am going to have to check that out for sure, thanks for the heads up.
    1995 Talon Esi - 1989 Lebarron - 1991 Mr2 Turbo - 1991 Accord - 2005 Corolla - 2005 R6 - 1993 Talon Tsi - 2013 Mustang Coupe - 1997 Grand Prix GTP

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Try Again and Desert House have my vote
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Honda Accord

Perfect Blend (across from SWC) isn't bad, their bubble teas are alright but the smoothies with pearls are better. They also have good chicken fingers, fries, onion rings, and cheesecakes
    Go Flames!

dj_rice: where are those places at? i have heard of try again but nothing more.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Originally posted by avow
    dj_rice: where are those places at? i have heard of try again but nothing more.

Try Again, is beside Harbour City I think the restaurant is called, its a lil shop downstairs, its in Chinatown, Centre Street and something lol.....

And Desert House is right on the end of Centre Street, near Sakana Grill

Both are located in Chinatown but Try Again doesnt have a place where you can sit and drink...you just buy your BBT and leave but they'res I find are the best, and Desert House everytime I've gone..is always packed, full of tweenies
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    05 Outback 2.5xt

Name: Bubble...... I have no idea. Go check. haha
    Location: Foodcourt in Westbrook Mall, the mall next to Ernest Manning. Its next to a burger joint in the foodcourt :P
    Minors allowed: Yes, its in a mall
    Hours: Whenever malls open, 9 am- 9 pm 7 days a week
    Review: No idea, i dont drink the stuff, just figured i would let you guys kow this place exists, because its kinda hidden.

My Ride
    AP1 / CRV

Name: Bubblelicious
    Minors allowed: Yes
    Hours: mmmm regular business hours?
    Review: the nicest pearls i've had, i'm addicted to their honey dew milk tea.....i find some places the pearls can be too soggy or still be kinda hard in the center these guys have it down to a science and decent price too =D two thumbs up from me

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Try Again

werrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrdddd.....
    ...@therealarifjina...

Try Again's the best. Dessert House would be good if they aren't so snotty and take so long to make a drink.

I really like Peerless Pearl in China Town......Good shieeet

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Try Again was good

phat cafe (17th ave/3st SW) was not too bad, more slushy/creamy style

thai tai, gross, great subs, bad tea...
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    2000 Prelude

try again is the best!!!

My Ride
    You Crazy

WTF is bubble tea??

Bubble tea.....explained on wikipedia

What that's place called in Dragon City again..
    Pearl House??

i use to like Try Again too, until i found they put banana peel in my drink. I thought it was a one time mistake thing, but a few weeks later, my gf also found banana peel in hers, so never went back there again.

anyone got anything to say about the bubble tea at urban rice?

My Ride
    Kompressor

Dessert House for me!

My Ride
    RX300

try again and Atomic
    trying is the first step towards failure

where is Atomic at saiyajin?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast