Quantcast
Golf Season is upon us.... - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf Season is upon us....

My Ride
    Mom-van

Default Golf Season is upon us....

Well.... the beautiful mother's day weather really got me in the mood to shoot the first round of the year. First went out to the golf center around Deerfoot and Glenmore-ish area.... hit a couple buckets of balls, then decided to head out to my brother's course in Carstairs and have a round. I was surprised I lasted till hole 17 after all that golf! Front 9 was absolute shit, and I musta had first tee jitters or something lol... shot 14 over on the front, and 7 over on the back. All in all, not a bad round for my first time out and being pretty fatigued from the range.

I plan on doing A LOT of golfing.... probably every day this week (have you seen the forecast!? hot damn!) ... I already have a golfers tan, this is gonna be bad lol... So anyway... round #1 is a 93. By the end of the season I would like to be consistently shooting low to mid 80's.

Any other golfers in here? Post up your courses and scores!
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Got out for my first round of the year. A buddy and I do Douglasdale every year first round. Shot a 75, lowest ever at that course.

YEAH!!

My Ride
    2002 Toyota Corolla

i got my first round of the year in 2ish weeks ago, the weather has been really nice here for a while now. so me posting up course and scores would be kinda pointless, but i wont post how many shots over par i was...my first time out is always terrible

Originally posted by civicguy2002
    Got out for my first round of the year. A buddy and I do Douglasdale every year first round. Shot a 75, lowest ever at that course.

YEAH!!

Was that on the front 9 or back 9?

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Douglasdale is a par 60.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Douglasdale is a par 60.
    Par 60? No par 5's? How much is it to play that course? Good practice for the short game?
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Originally posted by EacydeLude

Was that on the front 9 or back 9?

And what is your score??

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Originally posted by ~Leah~

Par 60? No par 5's? How much is it to play that course? Good practice for the short game?

Yeah there are no par 5's. 6 Par 4's. 12 Par 3's. It is a great practice course, and also can be very tricky cause of the proximity to houses. I paid 40 bucks on Saturday just for green fee.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I'll be playing my 8th round this Thursday in Lethbridge.

My Ride
    Mom-van

Damn that's kinda pricey for a practice course... I like getting on for free at Carstairs lol

Will probably head out to Heritage Pointe this weekend to do the range and the practice loop and stuff... I REALLY need to work on my 50 yd short game, that's where the majority of my strokes came in. For a girl, I can drive like crazy, I was surprised lol, I was driving consistently over 200, had about 4 in the 250-280 range somehow... no wind pushin it on those either... musta ate my vegetables or something! But yeah, I can't use a wedge if my life depended on it, so that needs a lot of work now.
    ~*Leah*~

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Yes, free is always better.

My weak spot is putting. I could shave a good handfull of strokes off my game with a slight improvment in putting.

That is the one good thing about playing Douglasdale, your short game gets to be very good.

And what is your score??

I was just kidding man, thats a good score.

I just played my 5th game on the weekend at Forest Heights - shot an 84. Previous game was an 82 at Madden. I'm normally in the mid 80's. My main goal at the moment is my short game...

My Ride
    2002 Honda Civic LX

Originally posted by EacydeLude

I was just kidding man, thats a good score.

I just played my 5th game on the weekend at Forest Heights - shot an 84. Previous game was an 82 at Madden. I'm normally in the mid 80's. My main goal at the moment is my short game...

It's all good.

Where is Forest Heights? Never heard of it?

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

And with this title, I thought this was gonna be another Flame's thread...

It's about time to dig the clubs out though... I'm godawful, but I enjoy it... it's a good stress relief to go whack the shit out of something and low 90s is usually what I shoot.

I don't play enough to really get good, so maybe I'll just get out more and more this year.

I golf at the Glencoe, I usually shoot low 90s or (very) high 80s on the Forest, but so far my first 3 rounds were 98, 100 and 96, I'm not impressed with myself, and I even lost to my dad, considering the smack I was talking earlier in the year, I'm not going to hear the end of that until I absolutely slaughter him, which may not be for a while considering how much he's getting out these days.

I also can't wait for their new 9 to open, beginning of July I think, because I have so much more free time this year to get out and play, with 45 holes there now maybe I can sneak in 9 holes more often.

My Ride
    '13 MB C350 W204 '09 Gixxer 750

I just got back from my golf weekend with the boys in Radium. It's awesome out there, everything is so golf and in wicked shape compare to here.

I played Eagle Ranch on Friday (it was very cold), twice at Copper Point on Saturday and the Springs course on Sunday morning.

My short game is the major weakness to my game. I need to either live with it and accept shooting 87-95 or I need to golf a lot more to concentrate on it...

I won't play again until this weekend.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

I used to golf 2-3 times a week and got down to boggie golf or so. However my skillz have droped the last couple season

2002civic is offline Held my GTI hostage and got unbanned
    My Ride
    19 SQ5/22 Pilot BE/18 RS3

im about a ten handicap and golf at country hills but wont be for a bit as my cast for the fracture just came off thursday

Originally posted by RC-Cola
    I just got back from my golf weekend with the boys in Radium. It's awesome out there, everything is so golf and in wicked shape compare to here.

I played Eagle Ranch on Friday (it was very cold), twice at Copper Point on Saturday and the Springs course on Sunday morning.
    Yeah, those are some nice courses, I always like to play as many mountain courses as I can. Me and my dad always like to play Trickle Creek in Kimberley at least once a year, now THERE is a nice course.

But I agree, you will always find an excellent place to golf in the Kootenays, the Springs has always been terrific.

My Ride
    '98 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Shot a 46 on the back 9 at Picture Butte Golf Club Yesterday (Site of 2006 Canadian Senior Mens Champ.) Tee'd off at 7:00pm and was ripped by 6:30pm... lol

Also first post ever on this site and it's about golf!

Low round so far for the year is a 42/39 at Picture Butte which is par 72.

My main problem is when i get lots of confidence in my swing, I start to swing harder and harder (faster and faster) to were the point i can CARRY a 6i 200+ yards (normal for me is 200 total) and a pitching wedge 150+ yards which leads to massive miss hits (or hitting thin) which then my game goes to shit. But i'm deadly from 100 yards and in.

Cheers,

Sy

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast