Quantcast
Eclipse Subs? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Eclipse Subs?

My Ride
    Lexus LS400

Default Eclipse Subs?

My roomate has a 12" eclipse sub that he doesnt use, he has no car to put it into, and I'm also not very keen on in-car audio. He tells me its a really good sub, but I have never heard of them, anybody have any opinions on em?

My Ride
    2018 Ford F150 SCREW

They are really nice

My Ride
    335i

Eclipse is the most pimp car audio that exists...

Depends on the model, but almost everything they make is really, really good.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

tell him sell it to me, unless if it's really old and worn out...

My Ride
    335i

So pimp
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    MDX

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    Eclipse is the most pimp car audio that exists...

Depends on the model, but almost everything they make is really, really good.
    Actually no it isn't. Its better than alpine and other shit speakers...but by no means is it the best car audio. I see more award winning setups using focal components than any other manufacturer around.

My Ride
    CTS-V (700+Hp), Supercharged Tundra, 1970 vette

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    So pimp

Hey those are MY subs!!!!! eclipse is awsome... thats the problem is most have never heard of it. When i was 16 i had an eclipse deck and all my buddies were like that thing must suck i've never heard of them. too bad it was better than all their clarion and pioneer decks. I am a huge fan of eclipse they make the best headunits maybe next to nakamichi (sp?). Oh and their subs arn;t bad either

My Ride

Originally posted by jdmakkord

Actually no it isn't. Its better than alpine and other shit speakers...but by no means is it the best car audio. I see more award winning setups using focal components than any other manufacturer around.
    eclispe is knowen for their quality and sound quality not pure SPL. If you want SPL buy beyond audio subs, resonent (sp?)engineering, DD's or somthing that plays one note and one note only. Their speakers are good put focal and rainbow make better and they also cost like a million times more. If you want SQ and some hard hitting CLEAN bass eclipse is the way to go. I'd argue that they make the best ALLAROUND subs out their.... but i;m biased cause i have some.

My Ride
    Boeing, Airbus

I'll vouch for bumpn', his subs are pimp. I think eclipse makes wicked shit, better than focal in my opinion. I'm not sure about components but for subs and amps I'd say so. Obviously depends on the models and stuff but I like eclipse.

Kronyk: What model are those subs?

My Ride
    MDX

By components I mean subs and speakers. Check any car audio magazine. I dont knock eclipse...but they arent the best available. For the price, I'd rather get focal any day.

My Ride

By components I mean subs and speakers. Check any car audio magazine. I dont knock eclipse...but they arent the best available. For the price, I'd rather get focal any day.
    I will agree with you on the speakers but i don't think that focal subs are better than eclipse.... at least i;ve never heard that. But I'm open to anything... do you have any links..I didn't know focal made any big subs like the TI

Just looked on sounddomain and a utopia 12 lists for 1500us and are used for pure SQ. My eclipse TI's list for less than that canadian and you can get them WAY cheaper than list. ANd you can get some decent SPL and SQ out of them. I have the upmost respect of focal but they are WAY more expensive than eclipse and I think eclipse is the best in their price range which is considered high end audio. But Focal and rainbow are like Super high end. My analagy is eclipse is BMW or MB and focal is Bently and Rolls.
    Last edited by 02bump'nWRX; 04-01-2003 at 09:38 PM.

My Ride
    MDX

I gave up on spl since my ears started ringing. I'm all about sq now. If you want spl, try the focal 16" subs...they pound. Just because they are considered sq subs, doesn't mean they dont hit hard. Besides, competition stereos are based on sq, not db.

My Ride
    335i

Actually, we could argue this all day, but it's pointless. You like Focal, I like Eclipse. The next guy up may prefer Soundstream or Crystal Audio.

Everyone has their own opinion, and mine personally, if I could afford it, would have a complete Eclipse system . And i'll be the first to admit that Focal is one of the best, if not the best, also. Either way, you have to admit that Eclipse does have incredible setups and rival some of the best, which is what the original thread was asking...

Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride

Oh and if any of you guys want some eclispe stuff let me know and i'l try to get you a decent deal. My buddy is an eclipse dealer so i can get pretty good prices. He also sells concept and orion

ChronicDex is offline Banned - Can't learn dem rules
    My Ride
    2000 civic si

I was looking at eclipses but shit i idn't have the money for them at the time so i just went pioneer everything deck amp subs still waiting on the amp's to come in from the factory but yeah , oh and the whole pioneer thing is cheap and diferent...

My Ride
    350Z

eclipse kicks ass,