Quantcast
Residential Concrete - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Residential Concrete

Default Residential Concrete

Hey does anyone know a reliable company that does residential concrete? I need to make a walk way around my house.

Thanks

Lafarge 225-5400

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

I can do it. PM with details

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Good luck....many of the firms out there won't touch a small job like that right now because the builders have them so busy. Twice this year my company has had to shut down the plant because you couldn't get raw materials.

I would call one of the larger firms like Lafarge, Inland or Burnco...If the say they will do it, don;t dick around on the price or they might just tell you to go elsewhere.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

Or find a handyman kinda company that knows what they are doing.

My Ride
    Sentra

lafarge has the worst concrete ever.

My Ride
    EF ZC-T, EK-T, Blazer, EF

That is not true. Kodiak Concrete is the worse shit in canada.

My Ride
    Sentra

Originally posted by BigBearWest
    That is not true. Kodiak Concrete is the worse shit in canada.
    ha, ok maybe, but lafarge is crap, it should be avoided when possible.

My Ride
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST

I keep banging it out, but my company, ULS, does residential landscape construction. I don't know if they'll do JUST a concrete walkway, but it never hurts to call and ask. 235-5353
    Geek

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Default Re: Residential Concrete

Originally posted by Street_Soldier
    Hey does anyone know a reliable company that does residential concrete? I need to make a walk way around my house.

Thanks
    Two of the finest , IMHO :

http://www.grecoandsonconcrete.com/

http://www.concreteinnovations.ca/

Words of advice . Get at least five estimates . Ask to see their previous work , and even try and talk to the homeowners about their experiences with them .
    Get everything they will and will not do written up on the estimate . I've actually seen estimates written as only a number on the back of a business card . Never assume they all do quality work or use top quality products from a fancy brochure or website . ASK it all to be written down .
    If you're looking for top quality work , be patient . Would you look for a brain surgeon who is quick and has wayy to flexible of hours , or someone whose booked up a bit and you may have to wait for a month or so ???
    Anyway , I could go on and on about this . Good luck

Ps , the bigger guys ( LaFarge , Inland etc ) just subs out the smaller stuff to the lowest bidder contractor who is usually just ( barely ) above average . Yet , they charge for a premium because they take a cut on it too . Unless you're in need on more then 100 meters worth of sidewalks ,driveway , patio etc , look for the smaller and more specialized concrete contractor .

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Originally posted by GoChris
    lafarge has the worst concrete ever.
    Really...you bettter hope not...their concrete is in most of the high rises downtown.
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

Default Re: Re: Residential Concrete

Originally posted by blueToy

Two of the finest , IMHO :

http://www.grecoandsonconcrete.com/

http://www.concreteinnovations.ca/

Words of advice . Get at least five estimates . Ask to see their previous work , and even try and talk to the homeowners about their experiences with them .
    Get everything they will and will not do written up on the estimate . I've actually seen estimates written as only a number on the back of a business card . Never assume they all do quality work or use top quality products from a fancy brochure or website . ASK it all to be written down .
    If you're looking for top quality work , be patient . Would you look for a brain surgeon who is quick and has wayy to flexible of hours , or someone whose booked up a bit and you may have to wait for a month or so ???
    Anyway , I could go on and on about this . Good luck

Ps , the bigger guys ( LaFarge , Inland etc ) just subs out the smaller stuff to the lowest bidder contractor who is usually just ( barely ) above average . Yet , they charge for a premium because they take a cut on it too . Unless you're in need on more then 100 meters worth of sidewalks ,driveway , patio etc , look for the smaller and more specialized concrete contractor .

That may happen some of the time but not all of the time. Besides, with the smaller companies you need to worry about warranty of the work. Also, ask them who they buy their concrete from. Most companies in town don;t own their own concrete plant. Also ask them if the concrete is dry batched or a wet mix from the plant. There are more inconsistencies in dry batch concrete.