Quantcast
pressing charges on stolen property - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: pressing charges on stolen property

Default pressing charges on stolen property

so my girlfriend slept over last night cuz she had a couple of drinks and like usual she parked her car outside my house under the street light. and some fuckhead stole her car. i know its not a car that most of you car about but its her car. its a neon. so this morning at 5:30 she gets a call from a cop saying that her car was stolen last night and that they caught him, +1 for CPS, all the cop said was that he got charged we still dont know with what. (grand theft auto probably). she also had a couple of things in her car that all added up to about $500. do you guys know of anyways that cps can get it back? or can we charge the guy with anything else? like stealing her stuff? or cant the police at least get the items stolen back to her??

any input is appreciated..

thanks guys

My Ride
    CBR600RR

I would think that any items in the car would be returned with the car by the CPS. I could be wrong, I don't have any experience with the CPS yet (thank god) but that would just make the most sense.

BTW if the girl in your avatar is your gf, I don't think she'll have any trouble getting free stuff from some guys .
    In reference to Rob Anders:
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    Hes not really that bad...

What neighborhood was this in?
    Last edited by whiskas; 03-30-2009 at 12:07 PM.

My Ride
    IS350

My old Neon was stolen off my driveway a few months ago....in Cochrane...CPS caught them and stuck around with the car until we got into the city so it wouldn't have to go to the impound lot - like posted above...the car is disgustingly easy to break into. Good luck getting everything back though!

My Ride
    1996 Honda Civic Si

When I had my car stolen last year I had stuff in my car worth about the same amount your gf had. None of my stuff was recovered however, so I was S.O.L. However, I did get a letter in the mail with a sheet to fill out indicating what was in the car and how much it was approximately worth. It said that I may have a chance to get some money back, but it wasn't garunteed. I lost mine BTW so I couldn't tell you if I got anything back. I'm sure if you ask the CPS about it they should point you in the right direction.

I'm pretty sure that the guy will have multiple charges when he goes to court, theft (inside the car) being one of them

She could always claim it from her insurance company too....

frostyda9 Guest

You could claim it through insurance, but unless she has comprehensive with an extra low deductible ($100-200), you're probably looking at $500 to make a claim anyway, which sort of defeats the purpose...