Quantcast
Raptors pick first!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors pick first!!

Default Raptors pick first!!

Who would you pick? Too bad there isn't a good center.

My Ride
    GTI

Any quality player that would actually want to stay and play in Canada...

My Ride
    Z

I like Adam Morrison but I don't see how he would fit in with so many other forwards. On the other hand LaMarcus Aldridge would be a nice pick too.

1st pick on the wrong year, the year they ban highschool players Greg Oden shows up I think their best option is trading the pick away. Aldridge isn't big enough to play 5 and theres no top 5 point guards on the board, Coangelo isn't stupid enough to reach for a point guard with the first pick either so.

My Ride
    Memories...

Originally posted by CKY
    I think their best option is trading the pick away.
    In the interview Colangelo hinted at that since they have the cap-room. But they are interested in whats-his-name from Italy as well.

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

probably the best pick for them is Alderidge, they need a center not another forward, with the cap room it would be smarter for toronto to go after a point guard in free agency or through a trade, but ya, number 1 in a weak draft class is not as good as it sounds

My Ride
    FOR SALE: 02EP3

they should get aruajos son, i heard hes just as good as him

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

Originally posted by CKY
    theres no top 5 point guards on the board, Coangelo isn't stupid enough to reach for a point guard with the first pick either so.
    i agree that its not worth taking a point in the first pick for the raptors but saying there are no top five point gurads, wut about JJ reddick, he is unreal, hold almost every shooting record for college ball!! id love to see him in T.O. but thats just me and cause i love JJ, they really need a big so i hope thats wut they get.

the only thing about JJ is he can't play defense very well...can shoot the ball but thats it, i think TO needs a big man first. and too bad about Oden...i dont think they can go wrong with Aldridge but id rather see them trade their pick for someone who is an established scorer.

I know this is a big stretch but id like to see Ben Gordon in a raps uniform.

My Ride
    '11 SWP Impreza

#1 this year is like ~ #10 pick in past few years

At 6'10 240 Aldridge isn't big enough to dominate at playing 5 in NBA. Bargnani is an extra 2 inches taller but isn't strong enough either. We got CB4 which is more speed than strength already, I think we should sign Mike James for a few more years 2-3 years at most since he's already 30 and shop the first pick around for a decent center and a future or lower pick.

As of Reddick, he's a pure 2 guard, we need a 1 guard that can carry the ball up the court. His best asset is shooting but other than that his other attributes are only mediocore. He'll make a really good clutch or perimeter shooter that plays 15-20min a game on a team that can get him open looks but that isn't something we can do right now.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

As much as I love Redick, I don't think he'll do too well in the NBA (assuming he has worked on his weak spots in the off-season).

He can't drive very well. He's not fast enough to drive into the lane, and he dribbles too high when he does drive making it easy for defenders to steal.

He doesn't create too many of his own shots. Most of his opportunities at Duke were turnaround jumpers after a high pick hand-off. He's a horribly streaky shooter. He's often more consistent than not, but when he has his off-days, it's terrible. But that seems to be more of a result of his shot selection than his mechanics.

His defense is also a little on the mediocre side. A lot of guards will be able to drive by him.

He's a little undersized for the 2 spot in a league that sports 6'6" 2-guards, and he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness to make up for the height.

At best, I think he'll be make a good living as a spot-up shooter, much like Steve Kerr. He'll still make a very decent living, and I'll still be a fan, but I don't think he'll be the star he was in college.

Adam Morrison is also very undersized for his position. He was a very bad rebounder and post player (offensive and defensive) in college. He's also too lanky to be playing on the blocks. Guys like Kwame Brown, and the Wallaces will eat him up. If he doesn't bulk up, he might be able to work in the 3 spot. He's tall enough, and he's got the range.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    e60 550i

Adam Morrison>J.J Redick any day. But neither is a good fit for the Raptors right now. Redick might some day win the 6th Man of the Year award but all he has right now is a nice shot, very streaky tho. If he plays the 2 he will just get owned in the low post, has difficulty creating his shots and that will only get worse playing at the NBA level. Anyone remember Trajan Langdon? The only reason why he did so well at Duke was because Mike Krzyzewski is very efficient maximizing the the talent of his players. Who knows, maybe one day he will be the next Jeff Hornecek. As for Morrison, I agree with sexualbanana, he is undersized too(6'8). His game kinda reminds me of Christian Latettiner, only shorter. Hes not strong enough for the to play power, but not fast enough to play the 3s like Lebron and Pierce. Its a wide open draft this year....

that and morrison is also diabetic...may turn into health problems when playing an 82 game plus season.

there is also someone like brandon roy...he's pretty good and i think he has a lot of upside.

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by bigboom
    that and morrison is also diabetic...may turn into health problems when playing an 82 game plus season.

there is also someone like brandon roy...he's pretty good and i think he has a lot of upside.
    He's a bit of an oddity in my opinion. There isn't too much that he does exceptionally well, but he manages to do well. And he has better than average ball handling skills I think. He has a history of making huge shots near the end of games, meaning he's mentally strong, but again physical size is an issue. He's certainly not quick enough to be a defensive star, but he's capable of sticking with his man though.

This year's draft is pretty weak. There are no obvious picks this year like there have been. None coming out of the college system and none coming out of the high school system. The international system has been producing some more polished role-type players over the last few years, so given the depth of the draft there may be a significant number of international players chosen in the first round. One of the biggest criticisms of the college and high school system is the lack of emphasis on fundamental skills. The international players are more polished in this area in comparison.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Z

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    As much as I love Redick, I don't think he'll do too well in the NBA (assuming he has worked on his weak spots in the off-season).

He can't drive very well. He's not fast enough to drive into the lane, and he dribbles too high when he does drive making it easy for defenders to steal.

He doesn't create too many of his own shots. Most of his opportunities at Duke were turnaround jumpers after a high pick hand-off. He's a horribly streaky shooter. He's often more consistent than not, but when he has his off-days, it's terrible. But that seems to be more of a result of his shot selection than his mechanics.

His defense is also a little on the mediocre side. A lot of guards will be able to drive by him.

He's a little undersized for the 2 spot in a league that sports 6'6" 2-guards, and he doesn't have the speed or explosiveness to make up for the height.

Oddly enough I remember that scouts used to say the exact same thing about Wally Szczerbiak.

My Ride
    e60 550i

Wally Szczerbiak isn't that great of a player without KG. Still good but just not all star good. Mike Miller shoots same percentage as Wally but is a better rebounder and passer. Having said that the scouts aren't always right, there has been some huge busts in the last few years. Stromile Swift, Jonathan Bender, Michael Olowokandi, Araujo, just to name a few. This year's draft is almost as weak as 2000 NBA draft.

Originally posted by sexualbanana

He's a bit of an oddity in my opinion. There isn't too much that he does exceptionally well, but he manages to do well. And he has better than average ball handling skills I think. He has a history of making huge shots near the end of games, meaning he's mentally strong, but again physical size is an issue. He's certainly not quick enough to be a defensive star, but he's capable of sticking with his man though.

This year's draft is pretty weak. There are no obvious picks this year like there have been. None coming out of the college system and none coming out of the high school system. The international system has been producing some more polished role-type players over the last few years, so given the depth of the draft there may be a significant number of international players chosen in the first round. One of the biggest criticisms of the college and high school system is the lack of emphasis on fundamental skills. The international players are more polished in this area in comparison.
    i think thats where brandon roy kind of stands out is the fact that he pretty much does everything decently and really doesnt have a glaring weak spot. i guess if anything he kinda reminds me of a ben gordon and im a huge fan of gordon.

If they take the dude from Italy the will probaby trade Bosh or CV. The raptors need help pretty much everwhere. All they have right now is two 7 foot forwards, they don't need 3 of them. They should trade the pick for whatever they can get. This draft sucks, and everyone knows it.
    Michael Scott: "Do I want to be feared or loved? Um... easy, both. I want people to be afraid of how much they love me."

My Ride
    1998 Honda Civic Si

i can guarantee they will not be trading bosh or cv, and that they probably will end up getting the italian. bosh is the franchise and will not be going anywhere, and cv had a great rookie season and is going to be a great player in the nba, both those guys are staying put i think, anyone else has a good chance of going elsewhere but those to will be raptors for a while i think.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast