Quantcast
Tuning options/equipment needed - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tuning options/equipment needed

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Default Tuning options/equipment needed

I'm trying to keep my options open for my project car, so I'd like to get some opinions on programs for tuning Hondas. I'm going to try my luck with doing my own tune with Uberdata on my N/A B16. I'm planning on putting a build LSVTEC in the car down the road boosting it. If all goes well with the N/A tune, then I'm going to try my luck tuning the turbo setup. I've been doing a lot of reading on http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/ to get started, but any tips would be apprecitaed. I've started collecting what I feel I need to do this.

At the moment I have:
    -Laptop with Uberdata installed
    -Chip burner
    -ROMulator
    -Wideband O2 + display
    -Chipped OBD1 VTEC ECU
    -Some basemaps simmilar to my application

Do I need anything else?

I'm also debating using Chrome instad of Uberdata. Any opinions there? Are there any more requirements with this application, or can I used the same chipped ECU.

I'd like to stay away from Hondata, unless there's a way to get the software without being a dealer. My understanding is that you need to be licensed by them to get the software...I might be wrong there. Anyhow, there's also the added hardware that just keeps the cost higher than I'd like to spend.

My Ride
    You Crazy

Default Re: Tuning options/equipment needed

Originally posted by freakin
    I'm trying to keep my options open for my project car, so I'd like to get some opinions on programs for tuning Hondas. I'm going to try my luck with doing my own tune with Uberdata on my N/A B16. I'm planning on putting a build LSVTEC in the car down the road boosting it. If all goes well with the N/A tune, then I'm going to try my luck tuning the turbo setup. I've been doing a lot of reading on http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/ to get started, but any tips would be apprecitaed. I've started collecting what I feel I need to do this.

At the moment I have:
    -Laptop with Uberdata installed
    -Chip burner
    -ROMulator
    -Wideband O2 + display
    -Chipped OBD1 VTEC ECU
    -Some basemaps simmilar to my application

Do I need anything else?

I'm also debating using Chrome instad of Uberdata. Any opinions there? Are there any more requirements with this application, or can I used the same chipped ECU.

I'd like to stay away from Hondata, unless there's a way to get the software without being a dealer. My understanding is that you need to be licensed by them to get the software...I might be wrong there. Anyhow, there's also the added hardware that just keeps the cost higher than I'd like to spend.
    or you can save some cash and get rage2 to dyno tune it in an hour

as for software, the uberdata seems to work well, lotsa honda guys are going to Chrome now though....

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

I'm trying to find more info on Chrome. Other than people talking about it on Honda-Tech.com, I can't find much on the internet. Is there a site dedicated to Chrome...hopefully with a forum...similar to the Uberdata link I posted above?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

i wouldn't waste my time with the ostrich emulator or whatever, but i would buy the rs232 datalogging kit off ebay for like 5 bucks.

oh and don't use anybody elses basemaps, just start with the gsr bin and work from there

and make sure you use the latest version of ud
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Until Crome supports everything that Uberdata has, I'd stick with Uberdata. Crome does have P30 ecu support which is nice if you're stuck with a P30 ecu. Uberdata only supports the PR4, P28, P72/75 series ECUs. The P30 ecu's run a totally different codebase. What's nice about Crome though is the user interface.

I try to use UD1.66 whenever possible, but a lot of guys prefer 1.7. v1.7 has a bug where boostcut doesn't work past 10psi for some odd reason.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

1.66 doesn't work with the 3 bar map tho

1.7 ftw
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

ya, that's why I said 1.66 whenever possible haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    98 V70 T5M

Originally posted by rage2
    Until Crome supports everything that Uberdata has, I'd stick with Uberdata. Crome does have P30 ecu support which is nice if you're stuck with a P30 ecu. Uberdata only supports the PR4, P28, P72/75 series ECUs. The P30 ecu's run a totally different codebase. What's nice about Crome though is the user interface.

I try to use UD1.66 whenever possible, but a lot of guys prefer 1.7. v1.7 has a bug where boostcut doesn't work past 10psi for some odd reason.
    Crap, I was going to use an OBD1 PR3, which is basically a P30. Luckily I have a P28 that I can chip. I guess I can just sell of the other ECU.

Still, it sounds like Uberdata is the way to go...but do either of you guys know where I could find a site dedicated to Chrome, or where I could download it? I'd like to take a look at it before I make any decisions.

Thanks for the help!

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Originally posted by rage2
    ya, that's why I said 1.66 whenever possible haha.
    damn me and my bad english comprehension

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Crap, I was going to use an OBD1 PR3, which is basically a P30. Luckily I have a P28 that I can chip. I guess I can just sell of the other ECU.

Still, it sounds like Uberdata is the way to go...but do either of you guys know where I could find a site dedicated to Chrome, or where I could download it? I'd like to take a look at it before I make any decisions.

Thanks for the help!
    you have to pay for the version of chrome which is compairable to ud

Thanks for the help!
    http://www.tunewithcrome.com/

edit: ^ you have to pay for crome pro
    Built not Bought.
    Originally posted by mitsumirage
    the civic will always be just a basic car , poor people will always buy them , its sad but its true