Quantcast
Street race suspected in couple's death - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Street race suspected in couple's death

My Ride
    I like. :)

Default Street race suspected in couple's death

The topic is known and even old but as more and more young drivers come up the lesson has to be reinforced:
    Street-racing/speeding is dumb. The risks and consequences overshadow any reason to even think about it.

A husband & wife were killed as they were out on their 17th wedding anniversary. Their 7 year-old daughter is now an orphan.

Street race suspected in couple's death (Link to article)

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

man thats brutal. poor kid.

My Ride
    This and that.

Fuck that sucks! The worse thing is when someone dies cauz of someone else's stupidity! Freaking crap!

My Ride
    92 turbo gsr hatch - 00 acura el w/ b16

Wow, that is such a powerful article. At least Harper's new regulations will be put to some good use in this particular incident.
    2000 Acura EL w/ JDM B16A2
    1992 Civic Hatchback w/ Turbo JDM B18C1

My Ride
    06 B7 Quattro

this really hits home, this is unfortunate and sad, i hope that justice is carried out accordingly, i feel so bad for the little girl, no one should grow up without their parents

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Its a tragedy that these things happen but I wish the media would get their facts straight when it comes to describing "todays" vehicles or just become knowledgeable about the performance end of things before making such silly comments like, "When I was growing up we all had hot cars. But now they have special fuel that can make cars do twice the fastest speed limits."

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

It has nothing to do with how modified the vehicle is, what fuel its running or how much HP its making. This has everything to do with "stupid" people behind the wheels of vehicles.

Statements like that only hurt the general car enthusiast and could possibly destroy it completely.

It seems like 90% of these street racing incidents involve low HP, 4 cylinder Hondas with a couple young kids pretending they are in the movie "Fast and Furious" driving like complete morons. I see it all the time here in Calgary.

I never see the real Big HP guys whipping in and out of busy traffic, racing down busy highways, goofing off in parking lots and donut shops. Its only the young stupid fucks in their riced out junk.

Anyways, I think the articles should make it very clear it has nothing to do with "todays" technology, and "todays" cars, but everything to do with "todays" "young generation" and "careless" driving.

Originally posted by 89coupe
    It seems like 90% of these street racing incidents involve low HP, 4 cylinder Hondas
    Or their parents minivan or Camry.

Are they all trying to mimic fast and the furious and their super duper low 7 second cars?

My Ride
    MB C63

Its a tragedy that these things happen but I wish the media would get their facts straight when it comes to describing "todays" vehicles or just become knowledgeable about the performance end of things before making such silly comments like, "When I was growing up we all had hot cars. But now they have special fuel that can make cars do twice the fastest speed limits."

That is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard.

It has nothing to do with how modified the vehicle is, what fuel its running or how much HP its making. This has everything to do with "stupid" people behind the wheels of vehicles.

Statements like that only hurt the general car enthusiast and could possibly destroy it completely.

It seems like 90% of these street racing incidents involve low HP, 4 cylinder Hondas with a couple young kids pretending they are in the movie "Fast and Furious" driving like complete morons. I see it all the time here in Calgary.

I never see the real Big HP guys whipping in and out of busy traffic, racing down busy highways, goofing off in parking lots and donut shops. Its only the young stupid fucks in their riced out junk.

Anyways, I think the articles should make it very clear it has nothing to do with "todays" technology, and "todays" cars, but everything to do with "todays" "young generation" and "careless" driving.
    its not the car that kills its the driver. Hopefully those two punks get whats coming to them.

My Ride
    HPI Savage X w/mach 4 engine

This is the sort of thing to how come they are putting more things into law when it comes to street racing. As far as I am concerned if you are convicited of killing someone because of street racing your license should be suspended or taken away(for a certain period of time or for life).

When it comes to what the media says about they have things to make the fuel go faster, and which makes the car for faster than speed limits, bs. It doesn't matter what kind of car if its a riced out Honda or an 80's pos Ford. Its not the car thats the issue its the person and their stuipity thats the issue. If you are between the ages of 14 and 18 there should be an adult over the age of 25 driving with them, it may prevent some of this shit from happening. This GLP thing they put in doesn't really seem to be helping much, they need to make things tougher.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 10-13-2020 at 11:34 PM.

The Manchesters were killed instantly Saturday night when one of two Hondas roaring north on Yonge St. broadsided their Hyundai as it turned east onto Stouffville Rd., ripping both vehicles apart.
    =Street Racing

My Ride
    2GR-FE Hethel, 14W246, 13W251, 06NC, 02Aerio

take it to the tracks!
    Fast and furious 3 is coming out soon. becareful everyone!
    Insurance Pro

My Ride
    red slowpoke, black beast, red 4wheeler

I never see the real Big HP guys whipping in and out of busy traffic, racing down busy highways, goofing off in parking lots and donut shops. Its only the young stupid fucks in their riced out junk. [/B]
    the big hp guys all take it down to the track. ive seen some vettes do some quick launches but they always stop at the speed limit

Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
    If you are between the ages of 14 and 18 there should be an adult over the age of 25 driving with them, it may prevent some of this shit from happening.
    it may prevent some yes, but whos to say if the 25+ year old isn't like them either. i have had a 30 year old guy in a m3 wanting to race me in my 323...... yet i just let them by and do my own thing. and this was when i was 17. or a accord trying to race me in my corolla while i was 16, i again just ended up letting them be stupid and went my own way. hell riced up civics try to race me all the time, ive never let them have their fun, i just went on my own way. just because some people are idiots dosn't mean that we all should be penalized because of it. trust me old people like to go fast too lol i had a 40 year old man in a g35 revving his engine to race me its not just the 14-18 year olds that do that kind of thing. its hard to say whos gonna street race or whos not.. i would rather see it all at the track then out on the street, and thats coming from a 18 year old

Originally posted by Elliot

=Street Racing
    Would it be correct to call it.. "ricer racing??"

Lets hope Fast and the Furious 3 doesn't put more morons on the roads

My Ride

^^^ it'd actually take morons off the roads, they'll be trying to drift and then end up in a ditch or wrapped around a tree

My Ride
    93 Civic SI

Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
    This is the sort of thing to how come they are putting more things into law when it comes to street racing. As far as I am concerned if you are convicited of killing someone because of street racing your license should be suspended or taken away(for a certain period of time or for life).

When it comes to what the media says about they have things to make the fuel go faster, and which makes the car for faster than speed limits, bs. It doesn't matter what kind of car if its a riced out Honda or an 80's pos Ford. Its not the car thats the issue its the person and their stuipity thats the issue. If you are between the ages of 14 and 18 there should be an adult over the age of 25 driving with them, it may prevent some of this shit from happening. This GLP thing they put in doesn't really seem to be helping much, they need to make things tougher.
    That is a load of shit. I am 17 and I dont drive like a lunatic.

Just becasue some other asshats my age does that shit dosent mean we all do.

Last edited by skyline19; 05-29-2006 at 10:46 PM.

My Ride

^^^ exactly what i said but to the point

My Ride
    I like. :)

Here is more of the human-side and real-life aspect to this sad story in another article. It's pretty heavy and hits home... hopefully it spreads the word and the idea for people to think about how their actions will affect others and not just themselves.

Toronto -- The cystic fibrosis that kept messing with Rob Manchester's digestive tract had given him a night's reprieve on Saturday, and he and his wife, Lisa, were able to spend their wedding anniversary at an East Side Mario's restaurant.

He felt so much better that the couple decided to chance it, and headed south from the suburbs to Toronto to watch the end of the Edmonton Oilers game.
    The one rare night his cystic fibrosis lets up enough for him to take his wife out to dinner at family restaurant and catch part of the hockey game

Link to article (click here).

My Ride
    Model S

Originally posted by gp36912

the big hp guys all take it down to the track. ive seen some vettes do some quick launches but they always stop at the speed limit

now thats definitely not true

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast