Quantcast
Convincing Parents For a Pet - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Convincing Parents For a Pet

Default Convincing Parents For a Pet

Ok, so a bit of a stupid topic here. Yes I am 20 years old and still live in my parents basement. I am an only child too.
    Anyways, my mom used to have a cat a long time ago, and it died of old age, since then I have NEVER been allowed to have a pet. My parents just seem so fucking against it and it upsets me.
    I have decided that I really want an exotic bird. I will be moving out soon after school (1-1/2 years or less) and getting my own place, but for the meantime I want the animal to live at home with me in the basement.

I have my heart set on either a Maroon Bellied Conure (small parrot species), a Gold Crown Amazon (larger), or a Blue and Gold Macaw (About as Big as a small chicken).
    They are all considered exotic and will run anywhere between $800-$2000. Plus the cost of a cage $800-$2000. I have the funds to buy the animal outright, plus enough to care for it.
    I am at home enough to take care of it, I am very responsible, and I know a lot about these birds.

My parents are hellbent on not letting me have any pets. Is there any suggestions anyone might have to get me to sway them. My mom wont even come take a look at any of the three birds with me...

Please Help

Daveroo

hey~why not just buy it? I mean is not like they are paying, why care about them so much?~You are already 20 and you can take care it~so i don't really see why u can't just buy it without asking them~

Originally posted by EVOI
    hey~why not just buy it? I mean is not like they are paying, why care about them so much?~You are already 20 and you can take care it~so i don't really see why u can't just buy it without asking them~
    Because he lives at home in his parents house and he has some respect for his parents.
    ---

Originally posted by kenny

Because he lives at home in his parents house and he has some respect for his parents.
    ha ha~i know that~but i just wondering what's worse could happen if he just get it without telling it? Plus, i think he has better chance to convince his parents if he just buy it first~

Hey, i thought parents spoil only child!!

My Ride
    15 Lexus RCF, 15 Lexus NX Fsport

or you could spend the $4grand on 19" wheels, lower the bitch..... etc etc

My Ride
    2009 STi

When I run into problems like this, I just buy things from places where they can't be returned. That way they cant do anything about it once ive brought it home.

haha

My Ride
    Highlander

Originally posted by EVOI

ha ha~i know that~but i just wondering what's worse could happen if he just get it without telling it? Plus, i think he has better chance to convince his parents if he just buy it first~

Hey, i thought parents spoil only child!!
    Haha you don't know Dave's parents...trust me, it will be a VERY difficult task for him to convince them and i'm SURE dave will want to have his paren't permission first.

Good luck sweets, I don't have many suggestions for ya unfortuneately, I have a good idea how your parents tick

Melinda

Just a friendly suggestion, but go check out the exotic birds in a pet store first. Having lived with one for awhile they are quite messy and a big chore to constantly clean up! You might change your mind...

Originally posted by DSM Power
    Just a friendly suggestion, but go check out the exotic birds in a pet store first. Having lived with one for awhile they are quite messy and a big chore to constantly clean up! You might change your mind...
    Thanks everyone, I cant just really go out and buy it cus my parents will boot me from the house.
    Tom, if you only know how much time I have spent at the pet stores researching and getting a feel for these animals.. I am pretty sure about my decision.
    Cory, dont worry, I will still have $$ left over for rimmies!
    Kenny is right as well, I have respect for my parents, and I dont wanna bring something into THEIR house when I am a GUEST in it...

Chinchilla.
    I know you don't smoke weed. I know this. But I'm gonna git you high today. 'cause it's Friday, you ain't got no job, and you ain't got shit to do!

Originally posted by Dope Dealer
    Chinchilla.
    No, I realized that they are quite the bastards and not very interactive.

My Ride
    a wrx.

Originally posted by TurboDSM

Thanks everyone, I cant just really go out and buy it cus my parents will boot me from the house.
    lol read what u just wrote man...yours parents wont kick u out for having a bird. no one is that unreasonable. just imagine the topic of conversation with family friends..."we booted our son out of hte house cuz he bought a bird"....haha

so just go up and tell them that ure going to buy a bird and that ure going to keep it out of their way...then go out and do it.

My Ride
    2000 civic SIR

if u have 4 grand for a bird .. why dont u just move out on ur own ..

Jeff, you have never met my parents, they would do it and then brag to friends/family about it.
    Lebaron, yea, but I want the bird first and then I will move out.

My Ride
    Highlander

Jeff, you have never met my parents, they would do it and then brag to friends/family about it.
    From what I know of your parents Dave, that statement is TRUE...I couldn't even BEGIN to describe the logic (or lack there of) that his parents use sometimes

Melinda

My Ride
    15 Lexus RCF, 15 Lexus NX Fsport

hahahaha get a farret!

My Ride
    a wrx.

shit that sucks man...hmm. would it be an option to move out and not put up with bs?

My Ride
    '15 GTI

beat up your dad

Originally posted by Coryz
    hahahaha get a farret!
    That is my most UNFAVORITE animal EVAR

Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    shit that sucks man...hmm. would it be an option to move out and not put up with bs?
    Yes it totally is

Originally posted by three.eighteen.
    beat up your dad
    I have thought about it!

sorry, man~i didn't want u to disrespect ur parents~but after reading the stuff u wrote, i feel sorry for u to have parents like that~ but~is there any special reason that u are not allow to have a pet beside that cat? I mean there must a way to reason with them~isn't it~if not, i guess maybe u just have to wait till u move out or just keep fighting for it since u want it so bad~~~try bugging them or making deal with them i guess??~that is all i can think of now~~

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast