Quantcast
2005 subaru wrx sti - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: 2005 subaru wrx sti

Default 2005 subaru wrx sti

I have 3 questions:

I just picked up like 5 mins ago 2005 subaru wrx sti. Now i hope im asking the right question. I belive i want a blow-by valve? Everytime i shift i want the car to go tishhhhhh tishhhhhh LOL

If in fact thats what i want...i want a loud one...he he he...

where do i buy one?

how much do they cost?

anyone have a link to how to install?

I might not be here right away to respond...Im going to cms to go get some rims and tires

What you want is a Blow off valve, but check with your dealer and make sure it won't do anything to your warranty first. You can buy ones that make a bit of noise, to an extremely loud noise. My only advice would be to buy a good one, not a cheap knockoff one from e-bay or something. I think they are around $300, but I'm not even sure if they are reccomended for use at all on the STi system (don't they have a recirc. system?), I don't think they are the greatest, but I will let one of the subaru guys clear that up for you.

Also, the BBS rims that come stock on the STi I believe are very good and extremely expensive. Unless you hate the look, I'd keep the stock rims. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure those rims are excellent.

Mark
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 06-06-2006 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

No most Subaru guys will tell you NOT to put one on. Sti and WRX already come with BPV and if you listen carefully you can barelly hear it. These are a recirc system and I myself wouldn't get a BOV but that's me. I grew tired of my old BOV on my integra. Too loud at times.

If you really want one I'd stick with brand names but really it's a BOV it's not that complex. While you're at CMS ask what they carry I am sure they can get you one.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

go on www.nasioc.com and make this same thread they will flame you for hours just for mentioning a BOV. The BPV(By-pass valve) that comes stock on the STi is good untill like 600 hp or something like that. If you want the noise look into a K&N Typhoon SR Intake, a lot cheaper and you will also get a lot nicer sound from the turbo spoolin up.

A lot of people will tell you that intakes are bad for the imprezas, but aslong as you keep an eye on your air/fuel ratio you will be fine. SPT has released an intake so I am sure they can't be THAT bad.

http://www.iwsti.com/forums/showthre...=k%26n+typhoon

check out the videos on there, that is a completely stock STI with a K&N Typhoon SR intake installed.

Also for wheels and tires the BBS stock rims are very nice and good quality wheels, and the re070 (i believe) are very nice tires...way better then the stock re-92's that came on the wrx's. Wheels and tires is all personal opinion though.

Look into a cobb accessport www.cobbtuning.com for an easy ECU reflash (stage 1 you don't need any mods to your car)

For a stage 2 reflash you need a TBE (Turbo Back Exhaust), I am not sure on the power gains for an STi, but for my WX with stage 2 on average you get 50 hp.

Any other questions just ask, or check out www.nasioc.com, it is the biggest subaru community, with endless information.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I am confused.

All you suby guys wanted your own forum, but you keep sending people to nabisco... haha

Anyway, don't waste your money with a BOV. Not only does it not do anything, it voids your warranty. It also cause you car to run rich which foul things up. You will also probably be shooting fireballs out the tail pipe attracting attention from the cops.

But meh, if the ricey sound of pshhh turns you on, buy one of those sound generators off ebay.

Well i was at cms but didn't see anything i wanted as of yet. Most has to be ordered or something. Thanks for all the info.
    seadootrip.com

The stock rims are forged BBS, though they are not the lightest for forged rims, I believe they weigh in the neighborhood of 18 lbs per rim.

I am also going to recommend Nabisco (www.nasioc.com), this time to search for, and read all of Unabomber's FAQs. For a total Subaru noob like me, I found them to be extremely helpful. They are very informative,and will answer your questions. There are nuances to the WRX and STi that take certain mods off my list for these cars - namely intakes and BOV's. Hell, there's even a compiled list of exhausts with objective dB readings - for you to see which exhaust is the loudest, for me to find a quiet one that won't piss of my wife.