Quantcast
Couple car questions - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Couple car questions

Default Couple car questions

1) Anyone ever owned an 88-90 Pathfinder? I've heard some really good things about them but I've never personally been in one. Any opinions and experiences would be great.

2) Same question as above but for 1st gen Legends.

3) MX6 Turbos, same as above, what are they like for modding?

4) Late 80's Golfs, I've heard scary stories of high prices for parts, anyone confirm/deny?

Thanks for the help.
    You start with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Default Re: Couple car questions

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
    This is a car that will never say die. The blocks are amazingly bulletproof, as are the turbo and drivetrain. Modding though is a little trickier as there is built in alarm that goes if it detects overboost (around 9-10 psi if I remember right). So to throw on an MBC and really go to town you need to chip it. It responds well to exhaust upgrades and intake of course. A common turbo upgrade is to slap a slightly larger Thunderbird turbo on there. You should be able to find a used one for around $4k, but doubtful it will have low mileage. :tongue:

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

1) Anyone ever owned an 88-90 Pathfinder? I've heard some really good things about them but I've never personally been in one. Any opinions and experiences would be great.

2) Same question as above but for 1st gen Legends.

4) Late 80's Golfs, I've heard scary stories of high prices for parts, anyone confirm/deny?

Thanks for the help.
    We had a 90 Pathfinder. It was a good truck. Except, the transmission went out a few times. Don't go above 40 mph in 4WD!

My friend has a Probe Turbo. It's a piece of shit.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

1st gen turbo probes are the same mechanically, just different body work on them. Talk to ConVict or some of the other probe owners, should be able to point you to some sites and stuff.

Parts on any of the older volkswagens can be horrifically expensive if you go through the dealer. Indepent garages can usually get them cheaper, though. If you are interested, go talk to the guys at Concept One and see who they recommend to work on the cars.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.