Quantcast
Vipers feel so Cheap - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Vipers feel so Cheap

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

Originally posted by Gen4Accord

Acctually the buggati veyron (worlds fastest car) with two v8's both twin turboed witch if the last worlds fastest car the maclaren f1 was allready cruising at 120 mph and then the veyron took of from still the veyron would beat it to 200 mph quite impressive top speed of over 400 km's and with a pricetag of under a million american or pounds of coarse yet it costs buggati aprox 5 million to build such a car truth seen it on top gear thinking why find the video on google video its explained on there and just the windsheild washer know and light know like in all ordinarry cars is made out of some crazy material and costs over 4,000 dollars its insane i recomend watching the video of this very intresting

besides that iv only sat in a viper and reved it up a tiny bit ever since then if been only dreaming that i will ever get to drive somin that feels that amazing to sit in

everyone to there own for now id feel king just to have an h22a

ever heared of commas?

World's Fastest Car - Koenigsegg CCX w/spoiler FTW

My Ride
    GMC Acadia

Contrary to popular belief, VTEC will not solve your problems. Go back to school.

Also, the Carrera GT has stock recaros .
    Originally posted by VIZSLA
    Seems that running qualifying in three heats worked so well we're now running the race in three parts too.
    1, On the track
    2, In the steward's box
    3, In Paris

b_t is offline b_t is a huge nag (2019 friendly)
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    Little late to the party..

The Viper is an underpriced race car, plain and simple. Those who own them (people who appreciate fast cars) do not care about he bad fit and finish, gas mileage, driving comfort, or cheapass radio. They are driving a 8.3L V10 balls-to-the-walls race car because that is exactly what they wanted.

I noticed a lot of typos in your post. Edit for accuracy. You shouldn't have come to the party at all with such an ignorant argument that banked on nothing but stereotypes, ignorance, and apparent jealousy.

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

The viper is not an exotic, and it doesn't compete with them unless your going in a straight line and dont care about ANYTHING else (except maybe looks because that is 100% personal)
    A mega rigid chassis and absolutely gigantic tires underlaying a light body with even weight distribution disagrees. The Viper is very, very fast, even in corners. At the autocross last year, the only car faster then the all stock Viper was a VW on racing slicks.
    Last edited by b_t; 06-08-2006 at 07:42 AM.

My Ride
    '14 Audi S5 /'09 Forester XT

Originally posted by Primer_Drift
    Little late to the party..

The Viper is an overpriced muscle car, plain and simple. Those who own them (balding white guys mostly) do not care about the bad fit and finish, gas mileage, driving comfort or cheapass radio. They are driving a 8.3L V10 penis on wheels, nuff said.
    Absolutey and if you could afford one you'd be driving one as well. It may not be a viper but I'm sure you wouldn't pick a Kia as your 'penis on wheels' car if you could afford something much better - Different strokes for everyone though, some like a more baller car and some couldn't care how much quilted alcantera leather, carbon fiber shit is in the car. People buy what they like and what they want.

Some people just live on a whole other level then the rest of us. Don't hate them because they have more money then most of us - do what I do - live vicareously through them until you have your own coin.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Acctually the buggati veyron (worlds fastest car) with two v8's both twin turboed witch if the last worlds fastest car the maclaren f1 was allready cruising at 120 mph and then the veyron took of from still the veyron would beat it to 200 mph quite impressive top speed of over 400 km's and with a pricetag of under a million american or pounds of coarse yet it costs buggati aprox 5 million to build such a car truth seen it on top gear thinking why find the video on google video its explained on there and just the windsheild washer know and light know like in all ordinarry cars is made out of some crazy material and costs over 4,000 dollars its insane i recomend watching the video of this very intresting

besides that iv only sat in a viper and reved it up a tiny bit ever since then if been only dreaming that i will ever get to drive somin that feels that amazing to sit in

I ran that dribble through google translator and it crashed.

My Ride
    BMW E46

Originally posted by glennc
    Stock type-r engine puts out about 200 HP with a 1.8 L engine.

1.8 x 4.44444 = 8

200 x 4.44444 = 888.88

According to dodges "amazing enginerring" that engine, if it were to hold par with hondas size/power ratio should put out 888 HP. 510 HP, thats bassicaly a honda d-series ratio. If you make a honda d-series 8L it will do 510 HP too.

Glass headlights are a PITA. Especially on a higher end car, dodge was smart to go with plastic. Far superior in "design" then glass, but far less "class".

And figuring that they cant get the "design" part right, maybe they should just go for class.
    No to mention if you calculate th s2000's power to an 8L. Honda s2000 has the most hp/litre of displacement out of any production car in the world, I believe. 246hp from 2.0L

2.0L x4 = 8L

246hp x 4 = 984hp

nuff said

My Ride

Originally posted by JspecB16

No to mention if you calculate th s2000's power to an 8L. Honda s2000 has the most hp/litre of displacement out of any production car in the world, I believe. 246hp from 2.0L

2.0L x4 = 8L

246hp x 4 = 984hp

nuff said
    I fucking love the comparison of a honda to a viper srt-10. I might as well compare this computer chair I'm sitting on to the racing seats in the viper. They both hold my ass in place - but that's about it.

My Ride
    BMW E46

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

I fucking love the comparison of a honda to a viper srt-10. I might as well compare this computer chair I'm sitting on to the racing seats in the viper. They both hold my ass in place - but that's about it.
    That makes a lot of sense

I'm not comparing the cars, or even the engines you smart ass. I'm comparing the technology involved, compare the nsx if u want i don't really give a fuck.

My Ride
    BMW E46

Originally posted by Ntense_SpecV

So i doesn't make sense to compare this miata to this viper even though the miata beats it in the corners??? Give your fucking head a shake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMa...rch=viper%20vs

My Ride

So i doesn't make sense to compare this miata to this viper even though the miata beats it in the corners??? Give your fucking head a shake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMa...rch=viper%20vs
    What ever man, compare a viper to a honda to a fucking sandwich for all I care. This thread is done.

My Ride
    BMW E46

2001 Acura NSX V6 4.5 12.9

2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 3.9 11.7

SO...... 5 extra Litres for 1.2sec on the 1/4mile eh? right...

2001 Dodge Viper GTS ACR 4.3 12.6
    and then there is this viper, sweet.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

That makes a lot of sense

I'm not comparing the cars, or even the engines you smart ass. I'm comparing the technology involved, compare the nsx if u want i don't really give a fuck.
    Did you ever think that the technology isn't scaleable? Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

So what you've effectively pointed out is that the NSX, while having lots of technology, is still slower than a Viper. Thank you for basically proving our point.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
    So what you've effectevly pointed out is that the NSX, while having lots of technology, is still slower than a Viper. Thank you for basically proving our point.
    oh wait... wait..... wait...

The NSX is not only slower... but ... but... more expensive!

My Ride

Originally posted by benyl

That's technology for you!

My Ride
    Jeep

Originally posted by T78Supra1
    Getting only 500hp at the Crank of a 8L V10 is not Raw Horsepower that is Shitty Engineering......

I can picture a bunch of Dodge engineers sitting around a table discussing how to make the next viper faster. And some retard in the back of the room saying " Can't we just make the engine bigger" and all the others praising engineering capabilities......

Raw horse power my asss.

Raw horse power with engineering would be a B18C6/7 1.8L JDM DOHC VTEC pushing out 200hp.

Not a 8L 10V Engine pushing out 500hp any 10 year old can realize that bigger engine means more horsepower......

Like i have said before "the only substitute for cubic inches is technology"
    Yeah, and put the same level of technology with displacement and you lose. Repeatedly. Evertime. What do you think a DOHC, variable valve timing, high compression V-10 will do? How much torque do B18's put out, yes that's right lets all be ricers and masturbate about hp/litre.

The old v-10 is just that, old. It's served it's purpose and will be replaced shortly. The next V-10 will be north of 600 HP. No power adder. No VTAK. No 11.5:1 compression.

My Ride
    Jeep

Originally posted by benyl

Isn't it also cancelled due to lack of interest.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

2.0L x4 = 8L

246hp x 4 = 984hp

nuff said
    I love my hondas as much as the next fanboy but for crying out loud you cannot make this argument. It is NOT how it works you can't just multiply HP/efficency rating like that.

Why does NSX not have 384 hp out of it's 3.2L supercar engine? According to the math of 120hp/L that would be 3.2L*120Hp/L = 384hp.
    Don't you think they would rather have 384hp in their supercar instead of only 290hp?
    Last edited by Aleks; 06-08-2006 at 10:25 AM.

My Ride
    prelude

Guys... This thread has gotten ridiculous..
    I won't even comment about the viper because its just feeding fuel to the fire.

GTS Beautifull vehicle! I would Love to have one.
    SRT10 ugly, what was dodge thinking.

Sometime this happens to the production line up though.
    Toyota Corolla AE86 1986 Amazing vehicle, super light, super fun, RWD!! Nice little engien aswell..

Newer corolla, crap, shit on a stick, barf, FF..... slower then slow...
    If it were a woman it would be the girl who gets her leg chopped off in horror movies and has to crawl away..

My Ride
    prelude

Originally posted by Aleks

I love my hondas as much as the next fanboy but for crying out loud you cannot make this argument. It is NOT how it works you can't just multiply HP/efficency rating like that.

Why is does NSX not have 384 hp out of it's 3.2L supercar engine?
    Because A... That guy doesn't know what hes talking about, There is ALLOT more which applies to physics he still needs to learn if he goes back to grade 12..

and B... they didn't turbo the nsx.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast