Quantcast
what to do about a bank mistake - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: what to do about a bank mistake

My Ride
    92eg6, 88c-rex, 94ls, 904runner, 90dakota

Default what to do about a bank mistake

i got a visa card recently, after maxing it out, i heard a little legend from my sister that i have an account at a bank (that i wont mention) with some cash in it, i did, 9 whole dollars, but when i went to the branch, the teller took my d-l and pulled up a couple accounts, turns out i have 900 in one and 800 in another savings, so i pull out 400 to pay off insurance/tires... i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian, so i ask her.. turns out thats not my account, just some guy with the same name as me, what should i do??? one friend said withdrawl all the money and dont ever go back, another said just leave it.. keep the 400 and forget about the other guys accounts, another guy said take out some money from time to time... what should i do??? what would you do?? will i get screwed by the cops/bank?? it was a bank error that wasnt my fault, id return the money if it came down to it though,

My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...

karma will get you...

so you KNEW the money wasnt yours...and you still took it??
    ...@therealarifjina...

I'd do the right thing. Give back the money that's not yours. Bank transactions are easily traceable.

My Ride

no i took the money and then found out it wasnt mind and am contemplating what to do now, take more, leave it, return it, if it helps i did spend $40 dollars of it at cms today

My Ride
    my legs

very interesting situation. be the good samaritan and return the money! you never know what kind of situation money-wise the other guy is in.

(however, if you find out hes a rich motherfucker, take some out from time to time )
    just think.....if things hadnt of gone the way they did, you could have been on your moms face.

My Ride
    335i

The bank WILL find out, they aren't stupid and when they do, they will come after you.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

Default Re: what to do about a bank mistake

Originally posted by h_s
    i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian
    I think I know whos account that is lmao

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

Don't take more, return the money. It can only get worse from here if you either keep the money or get more of it. Because the person that you just took money from will notice and he will inquire about it and the bank WILL find out and trace it to you. From there only bad things will happen.

the right thing to do is to return the money since it was a mistake. Dount anything bad would happen, since you really didn't know it was a mistake until afterwards.

if the guy has $900 and $800 in 2 accounts, chances are he's going to miss a $400 withdrawl and alert the bank. I would not recommend going back and trying to make another withdrawl. They'll probably be tipped off and have the account flagged.
    heloc that shit

My Ride

yah,, kind of easy to trace it to me if his name is exactly the same as mine, (8 letter first, 7 letter last) not a very common bob smith, tom jones name

and hes not very rich at all, $1500 paydays, blows most of it @ liquor stores and rona home and garden

Like richardchan2002 said, bank transactions are always traceable.

And it is not your money. Before, you didn't know it wasn't your accout and mistakenly took the money, now you know, you should give it back.

Plus, you don't know how important are the money to the owner, the owner might need to use those money right now.

Default Re: what to do about a bank mistake

Originally posted by h_s
    i got a visa card recently, after maxing it out, i heard a little legend from my sister that i have an account at a bank (that i wont mention) with some cash in it, i did, 9 whole dollars, but when i went to the branch, the teller took my d-l and pulled up a couple accounts, turns out i have 900 in one and 800 in another savings, so i pull out 400 to pay off insurance/tires... i ask for a statement of past transactions and turns out theres a bunch of daily debit transactions for liquor stores and kfc, i thought this was odd because my mom (joint account... i think) hasnt had a drink in 15 years and is a vegetarian, so i ask her.. turns out thats not my account, just some guy with the same name as me, what should i do??? one friend said withdrawl all the money and dont ever go back, another said just leave it.. keep the 400 and forget about the other guys accounts, another guy said take out some money from time to time... what should i do??? what would you do?? will i get screwed by the cops/bank?? it was a bank error that wasnt my fault, id return the money if it came down to it though,
    Whats shitty about someone like you is that you even have to ask this question. Wow, society and people suck.

Originally posted by h_s
    yah,, kind of easy to trace it to me if his name is exactly the same as mine, (8 letter first, 7 letter last) not a very common bob smith, tom jones name

and hes not very rich at all, $1500 paydays, blows most of it @ liquor stores and rona home and garden
    And it's HIS money to do it with!! Not yours!! Fuck man!

My Ride
    VW Scirocco GT

Why would you even think about taking it?
    Save yourself the hassle and return all the money and let the bank know about the mistake.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

theft is theft, and it will catch up with you.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2006 Honda Civic LX

ya, give it back. karma is a bitch

My Ride
    BMW, should buy Toyota

Default Jail

It's called bank fraud. I would strongly suggest you get your a$$ in to that bank and come clean. Otherwise you'll have 1-5 years to think about it in the slammer. Not really worth $400.00

READ THE FINE PRINT ON YOUR BANK ACCOUNT!

Banks hire Investigators and have cameras for these types of situations. On top of all of this you go on a forum where you can be traced to talk about it? You'd be lucky to get off owing them interest for your "borrowed" money.

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 06:56 PM.

My Ride
    Sentra

so now you know its not yours and are thinking about taking more out?

think of some choice words i'd like to write here. keep the money, go to jail, it will be worth it

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Bank once put 15 Grand in my account by accident. it sat there for a month. i finally went in and told them about it and they gave me 5 bux as a reward!

They also said had I spent it there is nothing they could have done. Their mistake. Still I would have felt to guilty taking it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast