Quantcast
Pickup trucks: TIE YOUR SHIT UP!! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pickup trucks: TIE YOUR SHIT UP!!

My Ride
    2000 323i

Default Pickup trucks: TIE YOUR SHIT UP!!

I had to go to Edmonton for a job interview today. I was passing a car and a truck. I looked at this truck from the passing lane, and said to myself "what's that in the back of it...whoa a backyard swimming pool" next thing I know, the thing flies off the back of the truck into my lane. There were cars behind me, I hit the brake rather hard (not VERY, but I dropped to about 70km/h). The swimming pool rolled into the median (ditch) Then he pulls over, and I sped back up as fast as I could to pass the car behind the truck (the swimming pool flew over him) and I pull over, and as I'm walkign towards him he's backing up, probly thinking I'm gonna beat on him (what I can I do, I'm not a huge guy) but either way....if anybody knows this guy (or anybody that transports large cargo in their truck bed that can fall out without tying it down) tell them they're a fucking idiot, and to secure their cargo. If I was tired, or someone else were in my place, they may have gotten hit by the thing.
    Mike

Everyonce in a while when I'm on the Deerfoot i see shit laying on the road blocking traffic and causing back ups, some times it looks like hockey equipment or old christmas trees or something. I hate it!!!

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

how bout a fuckin wheelbarrow?? deerfoot, 930-10ish in the morning smartness hey

My Ride
    Audi

deerfoot isn't deerfoot without some major appliance blocking a lane.

Glad to hear that you are ok and didn't hit the pool.

My Ride
    2000 323i

Yeah. I'm not saying it's the first time. Got a chuckle out of the fact that I almost got hit by a swimming pool of all things. hah. The guy probly didn't want me to catch his license plate. Just a bad day to drive. Some Oiler flag sporting soccer mom nearly ran over my car with her windstar too. Nobody pays attention behind the wheel anymore.
    Mike

this one guy in fort saskatewan ( 10 mins north of edmonton ) had the back of hiss truk filled with water, i couldnt tell what was holding the water, but everytime he stopped at a red light, and went, water kept pouring out, he seemed to hae a unlimited amount

My Ride
    2017 Highlander XLE, 09 WRX STi

last year a lady had a bunch of gravel in her truck that flew out because her tail gate opened .....most of it dumped on my car and another on deerfoot.

i remember seeing once recently a semi lost its load of bales of hay all over deerfoot just off 32nd ave

My Ride
    Ol' Rusty Truck

Originally posted by Oldskool

Everyonce in a while when I'm on the Deerfoot i see shit laying on the road blocking traffic and causing back ups, some times it looks like hockey equipment or old christmas trees or something. I hate it!!!
    Ussually its a cop thats pulled over a speeder that is TOO RETARDED to find a sensible place to pull over.

Everyone needs to drive that extra minute to find a place that does not slow down traffic.

My Ride
    BMW 525iA.... 91

thats pretty bad man good thing u didnt hit it..... i always get in the other lanes man last time like 2x4s lol scary ass things i just move outta there way

Originally posted by kane584
    this one guy in fort saskatewan ( 10 mins north of edmonton ) had the back of hiss truk filled with water, i couldnt tell what was holding the water, but everytime he stopped at a red light, and went, water kept pouring out, he seemed to hae a unlimited amount

hey noww, dont bash on the poor edmonton guys portable swimming pool

My Ride
    FA20

Default Re: Pickup trucks: TIE YOUR SHIT UP!!

Originally posted by Nissanaddict
    I had to go to Edmonton for a job interview today. I was passing a car and a truck. I looked at this truck from the passing lane, and said to myself "what's that in the back of it...whoa a backyard swimming pool" next thing I know, the thing flies off the back of the truck into my lane. There were cars behind me, I hit the brake rather hard (not VERY, but I dropped to about 70km/h). The swimming pool rolled into the median (ditch) Then he pulls over, and I sped back up as fast as I could to pass the car behind the truck (the swimming pool flew over him) and I pull over, and as I'm walkign towards him he's backing up, probly thinking I'm gonna beat on him (what I can I do, I'm not a huge guy) but either way....if anybody knows this guy (or anybody that transports large cargo in their truck bed that can fall out without tying it down) tell them they're a fucking idiot, and to secure their cargo. If I was tired, or someone else were in my place, they may have gotten hit by the thing.
    Yup thats how i got into a 7 car fender bender a couple years back when a goddamn christmas tree jus flies off a freakin truck w/o warning!

My Ride
    2000 323i

Originally posted by M_K_3
    thats pretty bad man good thing u didnt hit it..... i always get in the other lanes man last time like 2x4s lol scary ass things i just move outta there way
    I couldn't get in the other lane. I was passing a car, and said truck. The car was right next to me at the time. All I could do was brake. But it was luckily enough, the thing got blown off the road quickly.
    Mike

My Ride
    2006 Honda Civic LX

I stay the hell away from those thing, especially dump trucks hauling stones and small rocks!

My Ride
    ‘13 F30 Sportline

Yeah that fukin suks, specially when ur going about 80 and there's a sofa flying at you from the truck in front.

My Ride
    This and that.

Yea gotta tie the shit up otherwise stuff like Final Destination 2 happens!

pop cans on the highway.

LOL.

I was driving once and a cow fell out of the horse trailer after the door opened.

The funny thing is that it got up after falling out at 60k, sliding for 20 feet and ran after the vehicle that was carrying it. Must be nice having leather skin.

Originally posted by TheShotgun
    LOL.

I was driving once and a cow fell out of the horse trailer after the door opened.

The funny thing is that it got up after falling out at 60k, sliding for 20 feet and ran after the vehicle that was carrying it. Must be nice having leather skin.

hahahahhahahahahahhaa

My Ride
    HPI Savage X w/mach 4 engine

Last christmas driving home down on deerfoot someoen lost their christmas presents off their car or truck. Their shit was all over the road...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast