Quantcast
How bad are Neutral Drops? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 44

Thread: How bad are Neutral Drops?

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    06 S2000
    Posts
    4,762
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Its putting intense strain on the mechanical parts in the tranny... It's like chopping a tree... you don't slowly push the axe into the tree in order to chop it down, you just go at it with huge chops... If you go slowly (ie driving normal) then the trainny builds up tolerance agaisnt the pressure. A neutral drop is putting immense pressure all at once, destroying your tranny a lil more every time you do it. I suggest you immediatly stop, unless of course your trying to kill your tranny in order to do a 5sp swap, then by all means, do it, in fact post videos, let us have a shot at it... But i would recommend against it otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    1996 Mazda MX-3
    Posts
    368
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by WWJAI
    boooo ....a street racer with an auto
    HaHaHaHaHa.

    Dude dont do NEUTRAL drops, first of all they make you look like a an idiot and fag. Damaging your tranny is one of the possible factors and some of the other guys have said other things but i dont think anyone mentioned you can loosen you engine mounts and then have crazy engine shaking.

    If you wanna do burnouts please please just get a standard!!!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Starion / 2010 Camaro
    Posts
    279
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by CrvenaZvezda


    HaHaHaHaHa.

    Dude dont do NEUTRAL drops, first of all they make you look like a an idiot and fag. Damaging your tranny is one of the possible factors and some of the other guys have said other things but i dont think anyone mentioned you can loosen you engine mounts and then have crazy engine shaking.

    If you wanna do burnouts please please just get a standard!!!
    or at least get a car with an auto with enough power to burn the rubber off.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    The land of boost
    My Ride
    ED & EG
    Posts
    458
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Please stop doing neutral drops, I dont want to one day run over pieces of your tranny and end up with a flat. That would piss me off

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    calgary/alberta
    My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(
    Posts
    187
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    someone wanta tell me how to do a burn out with a standerd?

  6. #26
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    376
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    1. step on gas hard.
    2. let off clutch fast.
    3. tires will spin, thus causing a "burnout"

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    5,368
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Originally posted by racin_jayson
    Please stop doing neutral drops, I dont want to one day run over pieces of your tranny and end up with a flat. That would piss me off



    Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ
    someone wanta tell me how to do a burn out with a standerd?
    When you're dumping the clutch, do a brake stand if your car is RWD. Use the ebrake if your car is FWD.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    oreo cookie
    My Ride
    a wrx.
    Posts
    8,022
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
    Its putting intense strain on the mechanical parts in the tranny... It's like chopping a tree... you don't slowly push the axe into the tree in order to chop it down, you just go at it with huge chops... If you go slowly (ie driving normal) then the trainny builds up tolerance agaisnt the pressure. A neutral drop is putting immense pressure all at once, destroying your tranny a lil more every time you do it. I suggest you immediatly stop, unless of course your trying to kill your tranny in order to do a 5sp swap, then by all means, do it, in fact post videos, let us have a shot at it... But i would recommend against it otherwise.


    Planetary gear systems are operated by clutches + rubber belts. Neutral drops = intense shock = snapped belts.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    My Ride
    2001 BMW 320i
    Posts
    609
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    6 speed auto racing tranny!!! yeh!

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,012
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: How bad are Neutral Drops?

    Originally posted by 240sxTurbo
    I have an auto and i sometimes pop a couple neutral drops when im racing or sumshit is that really bad for the tranny or nething else or what?



    About as bad as when your parents dropped you on your head as a child... and before you know it, it'll be "neutral dropping" on it's own even in drive.

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    98' Contour / 2000 Sonoma
    Posts
    90
    Rep Power
    0

    Default dick

    About as bad as when your parents dropped you on your head as a child... and before you know it, it'll be "neutral dropping" on it's own even in drive.
    hahaha funny dick shit, better keep a close eye on that mustang GT or insted of sitting on 18's it will be sitting on blocks homeboy.

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    1,855
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    They are really really bad for em, cause your torque converter to fail and leak. Dont know enough about brakestands, i know they are a lot better so i would just think its that

    Cos...

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...
    Posts
    8,726
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: dick

    Originally posted by 240sxTurbo
    hahaha funny dick shit, better keep a close eye on that mustang GT or insted of sitting on 18's it will be sitting on blocks homeboy.

    *enter thug love...*

    awww sheeeeit playa you dun tole him how to step to you...you GOTS to tell him to step to you like a MAN!!...you ain't no stumpy chumpy dawg...

    You gots to axe yo-self, is I gon let Stang-banger gon make me look like a foo all up in hurr or is I gon 1-8-7 in this Muthafucker...Tell 'em meet me at the mall, it's goin down, meet me at the club it's goin' down, cause I'm tha boss, tha muthafawkin boss son!!

    Geah, Geah...


  14. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Calgary/AB
    My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.
    Posts
    128
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Re: dick

    Originally posted by EK 2.0



    *enter thug love...*

    awww sheeeeit playa you dun tole him how to step to you...you GOTS to tell him to step to you like a MAN!!...you ain't no stumpy chumpy dawg...

    You gots to axe yo-self, is I gon let Stang-banger gon make me look like a foo all up in hurr or is I gon 1-8-7 in this Muthafucker...Tell 'em meet me at the mall, it's goin down, meet me at the club it's goin' down, cause I'm tha boss, tha muthafawkin boss son!!

    Geah, Geah...



    I think he has been flamed enough with his stupid Q. This thread should be now.

  15. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Calgary Alberta
    My Ride
    ...BNT0B0X...
    Posts
    8,726
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Re: Re: dick

    Originally posted by RotaryDrifter




    I think he has been flamed enough with his stupid Q. This thread should be now.

    no I want a reply first...haha...

  16. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    3,697
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: dick

    Originally posted by 240sxTurbo


    hahaha funny dick shit, better keep a close eye on that mustang GT or insted of sitting on 18's it will be sitting on blocks homeboy.

    i believe its homeboi yo

    e-thuggin represanttttt'n

  17. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    Econo-box
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    0

  18. #38
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Blandness
    Posts
    7,012
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: dick

    Originally posted by 240sxTurbo


    hahaha funny dick shit, better keep a close eye on that mustang GT or insted of sitting on 18's it will be sitting on blocks homeboy.

    If you're dumb enough to be doing neutral drops, I don't think you have the intelligence or opposeable thumbs to operate a jack, or wrench, to get the tires off. But hey, go right on ahead and keep doing them, that way I'll know who you are when I see some car on the side of the road with a transmission 5' behind it. It'll make it especially funny then.

  19. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Mordhaus
    My Ride
    FC3S 10AE / Tacoma
    Posts
    2,756
    Rep Power
    17

    Default Re: dick

    Originally posted by 240sxTurbo


    hahaha funny dick shit, better keep a close eye on that mustang GT or insted of sitting on 18's it will be sitting on blocks homeboy.

    awwww shiiiiieeet
    you are just jealous because his 18s are worth more then your 240 and your mystery new car put together PLUS your xscargo stereo system!

  20. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    My Ride
    S54 M Coupe
    Posts
    1,813
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    IBTL and vote for a ban on 240sxTurbo!

    What a loser.... go e-thug somewhere else.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Car Stalling when in neutral

    By Preludeboy in forum Mechanical
    Replies: 2
    Latest Threads: 03-08-2006, 07:07 PM
  2. 4 all time.....neutral.....4 low?????

    By MK3HKS in forum Trucks, 4x4 and Offroading Zone
    Replies: 10
    Latest Threads: 09-20-2004, 02:47 PM
  3. McRae finds no ride. Drops out of WRC.

    By hjr in forum Motorsports
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 11-03-2003, 12:37 AM
  4. Replies: 24
    Latest Threads: 09-25-2003, 01:48 PM
  5. A few too many AWD clutch drops...

    By 5.9 R/T in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 07-04-2002, 03:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •