Quantcast
Proposed Parking Changes To Hillhurst/sunnyside - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Proposed Parking Changes To Hillhurst/sunnyside

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Default Proposed Parking Changes To Hillhurst/sunnyside

It has recently come to my attention that the city is reviewing the parking procedurs in the inner cities of Hillhurst and Sunnyside. From the mail i have read they are planning on installing parking meters in place of the residential parking pass system.

Now i really dont know what to say about this. its unbelievable. imagine if you had to pay for parking infront of your house? These communities are zoned as communities for a reason. how would you like it if people would park infront of your house daily just to walk to work? or walk down the street to go shopping.
    there is already alot of traffic through these communites because of 10th st, 16th ave, 14th st and memorial. there is no need for anymore because people are parkign down here for work or shopping.

Im really suprised they would even suggest this. its being reviewed on the 17th, so i ask, even if you dont live near these communities, and it doesnt directly effect you to contact the alderman(below) with supportive emails of the families of these communities. just think about how much you would enjoy paying to park infront of your house, or having your grandparents over for dinner and them paying for parking.
    its honestly just bullshit.

Thanks beyonders, i know you guys are good for this kinda shit, really appreciate it. i really dont wanna pay to visit my girlfriend.

Sincerly, Brady Clark aka Snowboard

Contacts For Alderman:
    Druh Farrell Alderman Ward 7
    Email: [email protected]
    Fax: (403) 268-3823
    Mail Address: P.O box 2100, Station M, Calgary, AB T2P 2M5

My Ride
    GTI

That is fucked up.

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by Hakkola
    That is fucked up.
    Indeed, what the hell are they thinking?

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

Indeed, what the hell are they thinking?
    in a letter from someone in the traffic division to some residents it stated something along the lines of

"remove the parking pass system, and replace it with meters, for the local business's"

what a bunch of retards. if they put themselves in the place of the residents i think they would be fairly unhappy.

My Ride
    Bicycle

It's a consipracy to lower the property value, get people out, businesses in and build huge fucking apartment complexs. It will happen folks. Anyne played Sim City knows, as city grows, city hall will continue to create high density dwellings to colloect more renvue/sq km of land.

With that said, would that be the immediate area of businesses (Say 2 block withint major businesses) or the whole Hillhurst/Sunnyside area?

If it's the first option, I think it's not too bad. Don't residential has back lane/yard for parking?

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    It's a consipracy to lower the property value, get people out, businesses in and build huge fucking apartment complexs. It will happen folks. Anyne played Sim City knows, as city grows, city hall will continue to create high density dwellings to colloect more renvue/sq km of land.

With that said, would that be the immediate area of businesses (Say 2 block withint major businesses) or the whole Hillhurst/Sunnyside area?

If it's the first option, I think it's not too bad. Don't residential has back lane/yard for parking?

alot dont have backlane/yard. some do, alot dont.
    the alley's are about 5 feet wide. and the yards are so small if they have drive ways they probably barely fit a single car.

My Ride
    NC1

I guess it doesn't really affect me since I'm over in Crescent Heights. I'm only posting because I forgot to put my parking pass on my windshield one night and got nailed for a $40 ticket. The ticket even stated the house address I was parked in front of, which was my house! I tried to argue but to no avail, had to pay it.

Well Hillhurst is a pimp area, I still want to move there but still can't quite afford it yet. I'll fire off an e-mail anyway, from a future hillhurst resident that's concerned with what affect this will have on property values on the area. haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by max_boost
    I guess it doesn't really affect me since I'm over in Crescent Heights. I'm only posting because I forgot to put my parking pass on my windshield one night and got nailed for a $40 ticket. The ticket even stated the house address I was parked in front of, which was my house! I tried to argue but to no avail, had to pay it.

Well Hillhurst is a pimp area, I still want to move there but still can't quite afford it yet. I'll fire off an e-mail anyway, from a future hillhurst resident that's concerned with what affect this will have on property values on the area. haha
    fuck that happened to me the other night, wrote a review and they said too bad they're already trying to drive me out haha, but thanks man really appreciate it.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

Dont you guys have the stick on passes, and that parking idea is freaking gay. I wonder if you guys can still have your passes and it'll bypass having to put money in the meter.

kinda odd question... it made me curious reading this, i dont know the name of my community, i live on 18th ave, right on the corner of 10th street NW

Its about 2 blocks north from SAIT
    Last edited by The Cosworth; 06-17-2006 at 09:27 AM.
    Cos...

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

n e one know where I live?
    Cos...

My Ride
    08 JK, 09 Thruxton 900

Mount Pleasant. If you're on the west side of 10th it's West Mount Pleasant.

My Ride
    Ralli Machine

cool thanks man
    Cos...