Quantcast
clutch problem???? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: clutch problem????

My Ride
    '01 honda prelude

Default clutch problem????

I drive '01 honda prelude, manual transmission. Problem: when starting my car, engaged in 1st gear, it won't start , the car heaves forward, the front of the car shakes alot. I can start it in neutral easily but unable to put in reverse or 1st gear. This doesn't happen all the time, there are days the car runs smoothly. Sometimes, when changing gears, it feels like it doesn't go smoothly, I almost have to force it into gear. The clutch pressure doesn't feel different at all. What I have to do when it acts up, is turn the car off and on several times, keep trying until it finally operates properly. Today, I had some trouble but got it going but while driving it would not go into 4th, and I could not down shift. Had to pull over, turn off ignition and restart. Then when I stopped at stop sign, I could not shift into 1st. Had to turn off and restart engine. Question: what is the cause and is it going to be expensive to repair??? thanks for your input!!

My Ride
    Civic b18 swap soon to be boosted!!!!

I believe your problem is a simple one...I dont know much about preludes but I believe they have a hydraulic clutch...Check the Master cylinder..make sure there is fluid in it....this could be a tranny problem also...when it does this pump the clutch about 4-5 times more if u have to....this will loosen shit up...then u should be fine if this problem presists take it to a mechanic because an 01 prelude is a nice peice of machinery it shouldnt be doing this.....Hope this helps.....

My Ride
    2008 Honda Civic

is it an sh?