Quantcast
Silver Pontiac - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silver Pontiac

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Silver Pontiac

Anyone seen this silver Pontiac sedan (Grand Am?) with some fugly kit and a rear wing so high, even the mightiest of ricers would be in awe? I saw it the other day, didn't even know what to say or think.
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    1986 Mazda RX-7 GXL (FC302)

haha, i have seen a black one around the N.E. that matches that description.

My Ride
    2k2 black civic si

this is a repost from a little while back

lol.....i saw that car too. i saw em three times driving around macleod trail.

i saw this car three times he was drivin around macleod trail hahaha i didnt know what to say............

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

I can beat that!!! I saw this alero on center street a couple weeks back with a huge duble decker!!! A freaking OLDSMOBILE!!!!

My Ride
    87 Xr4ti

A kid at my old high school is rolling in a red rusty Lada... with a carbon fiber wing. Who the hell rices out a Lada???
    87 Xr4ti

K&N
    2900 lbs
    +10 PSI
    ______
    V8? Whatever.

My Ride
    Integra

Yes I saw it yesterday...twice.

My Ride
    '21 F150 Lariat Nardo Grey

I saw that Grand Am when I was leaving my house yesterday. Pretty gay if you ask me. Fools!

My Ride
    Mach-1 baby!

Originally posted by rice_eater
    I can beat that!!! I saw this alero on center street a couple weeks back with a huge duble decker!!! A freaking OLDSMOBILE!!!!

LOL - was it a silver one? If so, its a chick that owns it. Apparently her tranny went poof and it wont be on the street for a long time.

I never understood why anyone does the wing thing, its not like they need it for downforce or anything.

But, don't knock the Olds Alero, they are a nice car that with a little add ons can get some respectable HP to the wheels...

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

yeah they are kinda nice...they look a lot like the rustangs But you must agree they are hideous...And yes if i remember right it was silver

My Ride
    Mach-1 baby!

yeah they are kinda nice...they look a lot like the rustangs But you must agree they are hideous...And yes if i remember right it was silver
    Nope, I don't agree cause I own a black one. I think it looks great stock with tinted out windows and the nice rims. But thats just my preference. The wings and shit make them look horrible.

I think it makes a great sleeper. People think its grampa's oldsmobile and stock they are absolutely right (170HP with the V6 less with the 4cyl). But, drop a few dollars (ok more than a few, this isn't an import...) into the engine and you can do a lot with them. I am just hovering around the 190WHP mark right now and while that doesn't sound like much it is a pretty light car.

Once I get the cam, turbo and other goodies done it should be pretty quick

Originally posted by speedyalero

Nope, I don't agree cause I own a black one. I think it looks great stock with tinted out windows and the nice rims. But thats just my preference. The wings and shit make them look horrible.

I think it makes a great sleeper. People think its grampa's oldsmobile and stock they are absolutely right (170HP with the V6 less with the 4cyl). But, drop a few dollars (ok more than a few, this isn't an import...) into the engine and you can do a lot with them. I am just hovering around the 190WHP mark right now and while that doesn't sound like much it is a pretty light car.

Once I get the cam, turbo and other goodies done it should be pretty quick
    do you have dyno charts to back up those claims? what mods have you done to your alero.... i mean actual mods. not ie. airfilter, muffler.

My Ride
    B18C5 neon -|-y|>3 r

I find that parts for domestics are way cheaper. I mean my stuff for my neon is so cheap compared to imports...but i dont think too many people rush to make parts for aleros so i can see why it'd be a little more expensive...i am yet to see an alero with ANY kind of performance mods...maybe it;s just me

My Ride
    Mach-1 baby!

Originally posted by 2000impreza

do you have dyno charts to back up those claims? what mods have you done to your alero.... i mean actual mods. not ie. airfilter, muffler.
    I only have old dyno sheets that only show 160WHP since then I have had more work done and have not been to the dyno. Once my new TB and exhaust are done I am heading to the dyno again and will gladly post the sheets.

I listed my mods before but here they are again;

The Other Guys Headers
    Cool Air Intake
    Shaved Heads
    Massive PnP work by Hole Shot Custom Engine
    Ported Upper & lower Intake
    Ported TB
    Borla cat-back exhaust
    Street Arsenal Underdrive pullies
    FWDPerformance Crankshaft pully

I am waiting on Digital Horsepower to finish with the ECU testing and will be seeing Randy over at Foxy Fabrication to have my borla ripped off and 3" custom exhuast will be done from the headers back (no cat). I have also ordered and am waiting for a 62mm TB, and a Granetelli MAF. Doing research right now on getting a cam regrind done and a custom fabbed T3/T4 hybrid money permitting.

I get all my engine work done over at Hole Shot Custom Engine. The guys there are great.

I find that parts for domestics are way cheaper. I mean my stuff for my neon is so cheap compared to imports...but i dont think too many people rush to make parts for aleros so i can see why it'd be a little more expensive...i am yet to see an alero with ANY kind of performance mods...maybe it;s just me
    Well, Neon parts are easier to find, a friend of mine has a Neon that is doing high 13s low 14s complete with stand alone SDS. For the Alero, almost everything is from something else or custom fabbed so it has been difficult. If anything it has been a lesson in patience.

My Ride
    Probe

speedyalero. Do you drive on 16th ave ever. A couple months back an alero tried to race me. He kept up pretty good, I know for a fact he wasnt stock cause I raced a maxima the same night and beat em pretty good.
    You remember trying to race a Red Probe, I had my ex with me at the time.
    If that IS you, you got a quick car and I'll admit to it

if not... some one kick me

My Ride
    Mach-1 baby!

Originally posted by ConVict
    speedyalero. Do you drive on 16th ave ever. A couple months back an alero tried to race me. He kept up pretty good, I know for a fact he wasnt stock cause I raced a maxima the same night and beat em pretty good.
    You remember trying to race a Red Probe, I had my ex with me at the time.
    If that IS you, you got a quick car and I'll admit to it

if not... some one kick me
    Was it black with blacked out windows? I'm not on 16th a heck of a lot but I usually remember all my losses and I don't remember racing a red probe. I've raced a couple white ones and won. Is your probe stock?

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

Hey For all you guys that think you can't get horsepower out of a domestic V6 because it doesn't rev to like 10,000 rpm there are a few Quick Grandam's/ aleros around all be it most are in the states And they are turning mid 13 sec quarter miles with turbo's and/or Supercharger and the same work Speedyalero has done Don't dish on it because it's a domestic Don't forget the Neon SRT 4 is coming and its going to rape a lot of imports

My Ride
    01 Pontiac Grand Am GT

And Yeah Convict I like to know what your probe had done to it because stock Probe would not beat Speedyaleros grandam Hell I've beaten Stock probes at secret Streets and I'm slow

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Aren't the following cars all built on the same platform and engine?

Alero
    GrandAm
    and I hate to say Malibu?

They must make some parts for the GrandAm...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast