Quantcast
Frustrated! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated!

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Default Frustrated!

I'm not going to indicate the name of the other party involved, but here is what went back and forth via e-mail about a potential car transaction, where I am the potential buyer. I'm not looking for sympathy and in fact, an open to some constructive critism of what I may have done wrong. I don't believe I have done anything wrong. As you read on, I own up to the fact that I could've been more diligent when it came to contacting him more thoroughly, but as you will also see, I was very busy.

The seller was aware that I was looking for the car which he was selling and proceeded to PM me the information about his car. I told him I would like to come see the car sometime and he gave me his number and a convenient time to contact him. I was unable to comply with that date(s) as I was very busy. I decided to PM him back yesterday to let him know that I was still interested, and apologized for being to busy to be prompt about the situation. We exchanged emails for the convenience of setting up details, pictures, etc. and here is what transpired. His e-mail comes first. And to the guy I was dealing with, if not trying to pick a fight or make you look bad - I'm just trying to figure out what went wrong, so you don't have to respond to this thread, obviously.

Seller:

Terence,
    Reason I wanted your email was so I could send you a number of pics. Unfortunately, I've run into problems sending pics in the past to Hotmail accounts, so I don't know if you'll get them. I'm sending you 11 large, colour pics that were taken recently. I'll have to send them one at a time and hopefully you'll get some of them. If you have another email that doesn't have a rediculously low bandwidth level, please send me that email if you don't receive the pics.

This email will provide you with all the info you will require. I've forgotten what I've sent you in the past so I assume some will be repititious.
    2003 Lexus IS 300, electric blue exterior with black, full leather interior
    Has not hit 56,000 km yet. I don't use the car every day.
    High performance Bridgestone summer and Toyo Garit high performance winter tires, both sets with better than 50% tread left.
    Top premium model, fully loaded including Tracs and Limited Slip, moonroof, 6 CD in dash, power everything including both heated front seats.
    Factory block heater and Lexus all weather molded rubber mats as well as the original carpeted Lexus embossed set. Has the extra Lexus mat in the trunk too.
    Brushed aluminum interior trim package (see pics).
    AstroStart 4104 high security device and remote starter, installed by Lexus.
    Dark tinted rear and side rear windows.
    Factory Altezza JDM market grill (not on the car, but, easily installed. They sell on Ebay Tokyo from $70 - $140 US plus transatlantic shipping and duties).
    Lexus Extra Care Package extended warranty. Started when the car was new, Feb 18/03 and goes for 6 years or 180,000 km. Extensive coverage and includes some Lexus servicing. Lexus charges approximately $1500 for the warranty when bought with a new car. Transferable at no cost.
    Car was bought new at the Lexus dealer in Edmonton and is Alberta registered.
    Car has a perfectly clean CarFax and the most expensive cross Canada CarProof (completely clean) searches included (worth over $100 to a buyer).
    New list price for the car with all the options listed above was over $50,000 and price actually paid was in the very high $40,000's.

Car has never missed a scheduled Lexus service and most recently had its major 48,000 km service. Was actually done at 50,656 km and next service (minor) due at approximately 58,500 km. Car is in perfect operating condition.

Car has original paint throughout. It is a typical Alberta car, meaning it shows some stone chipping on the front. Most chips has been covered by touch up paint. Windshield has been replaced.
    Has very minor parking lot marks as it has not sat in a garage its entire life. Completely normal for any 3 year old car and nothing that most people would even notice unless I pointed to a spot. Too small to see in any of the pics.
    Back bumper has a small rub spot. The bumper isn't damaged, but, because of the bumper's flexibility, it caused minor hairline cracks in the paint. Again, not noticeable unless looking very closely right at it, but, I've had a good body shop I've used in the past examine it and I can have it repaired/repainted perfectly for under $500.
    As some buyers like to use any partial repaint as an excuse to claim the car has suffered serious damage, I'm not repainting the bumper until after it's sold. I assume most buyers will simply ask for a $500 reduction in price and never bother to get it done because it is so small, but, I am willing to have it repaired if the buyer chooses.
    Price is $30,000 with the back bumper repainted or $29,500 as it now sits in the pics. This is a private sale, so no GST.

I have monitored Driving,ca, the Auto Trader, the Bargain Finder, Ebay Canada, Beyond, Used Calgary, Kijiji, AutoOBO, Mega Wheels and Alberta Wheels, Autonet, Emotors and Edmonton's 780tuner websites. I am very familiar with the asking and selling prices of IS 300's across Western Canada.
    Reason I am taking the time to do this is to bottom line this issue.
    I have sold enough cars in my life to know when I'm dealing with a serious buyer that has done their homework and ready to buy and one that is just kicking tires.
    My impression at this point, is that your intention is to ultimately offer a price far below market value on the car in order to enable you to drive the car for a year or longer and then resell it at a profit. If that is correct, I can save us both a lot of time and tell you that I will advertise the car in the Auto Trader and it will sell very quickly to the first buyer who views it and has done their homework. Normally , that means a week or less, using past history as a guide and I will get my price as there is nobody else currently offering a better deal.

If I have misinterperted your intentions, then I'm certain you will know how to correct the situation very quickly and it obviously will not involve a response to this email nor any further PM's on Beyond. If I have read the situation correctly, then there is no point in your coming to look at the car and I'm not going to bother having to clean it again for Wednesday.

I was a little bothered by the fact that he's willing to go as far as give me his judgement on my character on his intentions, as you will read on in my reply. Maybe I was a little sensitive? I can be like that sometimes.

Me:

Thanks again for the info, as I always appreciate a thorough yet straight to the chase approach on things. I am a little dissapointed on your "assumption" about me and subsequently, the foundings of such a confident assumption on someone you have rarely talked to and never even met. While I appreciate your straight fowardness and professionalism about that matter, I can't help but feel like i'm being judged based over nothing more than a few PMs. In anycase, I will not push that particular issue any further, but I am still interested in the car. I have always believed your price was fair, on the assumption of everythign you have described about that car. I love cars and have always appreciated good quality and often go out of my way to afford it. I just want something newer, more convenient and more refined than what I currently have - I have never bought cars to sell them down the road at an intended profit. In fact, I still only own tne one car. With that said, almost all buyers will bargain for a cheaper than asking-price, but with my faith in the value of your asking price and your intention not to lower the price, I will not ask any questions about your price. I also do not believe that you need to go out of the way to clean the car, as we both know, I may not end up buying it.

Thanks,

Terence

**I think I was being very political about the matter imo, but he was taking it to the next level...

Seller:

Terence,

You recall the only reason I contacted you was because it appeared you were ready to purchase a 2004 base model IS 300 with slightly less km than mine for around $30,000. Because there had not been a response to your post, it appeared the car had been sold and I felt my fully loaded and then some 2003 represented better value for the same dollar. I then happened to read your ad for your '97 Prelude. You stated in the ad that you had driven it for a year and were now selling it for more than you paid for it. The fact that you were willing to boast about that in your ad tells me that is your orientation towards used cars and all the power to you if you're able to do that. But it also tells me that you must buy your cars well below market value in order to achieve that result. I simply don't believe that you are in money making mode on your current car and will just pay fair market value for the next one.
    A serious buyer who had done their research and knows they have an in on a car that is priced very fairly before it's advertised anywhere jumps on the opportunity and gets over to look at the car right away. You've done exactly the opposite, especially with the PM's and emails and refusing to use a telephone. You're a marketing guy so I suppose you figure that if you drag out and delay meeting somone you're creating some additional motivation in me and that by the time you actually get around to looking at the car, I'll be so happy that you're looking at it that I'll sell it at way below market. Not going to happen. I know when I'm being played and I don't like it. I've mentioned showing the car in a clean form to you several times and if you're the marketing whiz you claim to be, then I'm certain you've figured out that there is no way I'm going to show my car unless it's pristine, so telling me not to go out of my way to clean the car isn't scoring any points with me. Coming to see the car when it's clean would have.
    I also indicated that if I had misinterperted your motivation you'd know how to fix it. The fix was very simple. You'd have called and said, I want to see that car right away before anybody else gets a chance at it. You went in exactly the other direction which tells me to watch what you do, not what you write.
    At this point it doesn't matter anymore. You're upset with me because you think I've "judged" you and I'm upset with you because I'm certain you're playing me. You aren't buying the car and I'm unwilling to waste any more time with this. Good luck with your search and please don't bother responding. Just call it a day.

** So at this point I'm thinking, this guy thinks I'm full of shit and out to rip him off...so why did he even bother in the first place?

Me:

I don't understand why you have to be so critical of my "character" and my intentions about everything and why you are trying to analyze my every move as a predicament of what type of person I am and what I'm trying to do. Why can't you just say "Come see the car sometime", or "I dont have any intentions to sell (to you)" or anything just direct? You have clearly taken this beyond a strictly-business level by putting my character in question when you don't even know me. I NEVER boasted about being able to sell my car for than more than I paid for. I was being honest about the fact that I happened to get the car at a cheaper price and was completely basing MY asking price on market forces - no different than yourself. If you take a look at other Preludes on the market right now, you will see that my price isn't such a rip-off. The guy who sold his car to me wanted it sold fast, was a very nice guy with no strings attached, and I got lucky to say the least. What business is it of yours or even mine if he wants to sell it for cheap? Am I not to take advantage of such a great deal? This is business, I dont' have to show the same gratitude to potential buyers that he did to me. I was never in the intention to make money by swapping cars every year. It just happens that rigth now I want a change, and it also happens that the market demand for my car seems to be very high as indicative of the price. Additionally, why would it matter if I sold my car for $100,000, you're trying to sell YOUR car.
    The reason I haven't contacted you lately is because I have been very busy lately as I have already told you, and the car shopping been able to prioritized until I last contacted you. I don't understand how this becomes a "playing game" with you. As I mentioned, as of late, car buying in my life hasn't been prioritized so I can understand that you may have been expecting a little more. I probably should've contacted you earlier to let you know that I would be busy, and I will own up to that. But I don't see why you have to be Sigmund Freud about all this and why you can't just do business. If you don't think there's a chance in hell I'm going to buy the car from you anyway in the first place, just tell me straight up that you are not selling the car instead of dragging it on. Who's playing games here? I have nothing to say about that. I can't believe you are trying to use my University degrees studies as some sort of pun about what kind of con I'm trying to put up here. I would've preferred to contact you via e-mail or PM since it was such a long time since you had indicated that I should call you so that I could refresh the situation. I was going to call you today, after work, but clearly, that is a waste of time.

Good luck with your sale

Terence
    [/i]

** So that's pretty much it. Basically, my reaction to this situation is simply "Why the fuck couldn't this guy just simply try to sell me his god damn car or just tell me to fuck off?" Personally, I think he took it beyond a personal level and got personal with me. I really don't get how he thinks I'm trying to "play" him.

Well, flame away.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 07-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.

Thats defiantly a wierd way to sell a car.. Its like he is almost trying to get you so pissed off that you will buy the car off him LOL...

If I was you , I would buy the same car off someone else. Who cares if he can get a buyer quickly! Good for him lol..

And the part about having your car for a year then selling it , who cares , thats your own car! He is the one who just said he has sold alot of cars , so does that show his type of character
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi
    Thats defiantly a wierd way to sell a car.. Its like he is almost trying to get you so pissed off that you will buy the car off him LOL...

If I was you , I would buy the same car off someone else. Who cares if he can get a buyer quickly! Good for him lol..

And the part about having your car for a year then selling it , who cares , thats your own car! He is the one who just said he has sold alot of cars , so does that show his type of character
    The thing that bothers me is that he believed that somehow the way I sold my car had everything to do with the situation of me being a potential buyer of HIS car and subsequently, my detrimental character of being some sort of con.

I JUST WANT TO BUY A FUCKING CAR?!?!??!!!one

My Ride
    91 Mr Not

On the one hand...the guy sounds pretty anal about the issue and the car so it's probably a pretty solid deal and I'd expect the car is likely damned close to pristine even with what he has disclosed .

On the other hand, he's probably been approached by too many individuals wasting his time which would piss anybody off. Maybe he's been approached by one too many of these individuals that can't actually afford the car or want him to hold onto the car for them while they sell their own car. Obviously with this guy actions speak louder than words and he's a money talks/bullshit walks kinda guy.

I think the car is really still within your reach if you want it.

My Ride
    NC1

Ahhh such a long read.........oh well. Some people just handle situations differently, end of story.

Well if you really want the car, get someone else to contact him and get the ball rolling again. He doesn't know what you look like. Tell him your name is Bob or something when you meet him.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    B8.5 S4

What a homo.

Here's how it works.

You put a car for sale.

People look at it whenever they hell they want, its not their duty to run there and call you 10 times and send flowers and chocolates so they know your interested.

If they like it, they make an offer.

If the seller likes the offer, money is exchanged for the car.

This is like Silence of the Lambs meets Bob's Friendly Used Cars.

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

omg. Tell him to go fuck himself.

Everybody thinks that because they did regular maintnance and cleaned their car everyday, it is worth more than the next guys car. Everybody does regular maintnance and everyone cleans their car.

The simple fact is the car is used. Trying to pawn off a car as new when it has left the dealership is simply delusional.

He made a character judgment on you based on what you wrote in a thread. Everybody is an e-thug, player, etc... on the internet. He was wrong to make a judgement of your character. Go buy someone elses car, because no one will be good enough for his used car.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by bspot
    What a homo.

Here's how it works.

You put a car for sale.

People look at it whenever they hell they want, its not their duty to run there and call you 10 times and send flowers and chocolates so they know your interested.

If they like it, they make an offer.

If the seller likes the offer, money is exchanged for the car.

This is like Silence of the Lambs meets Bob's Friendly Used Cars.

That's how I feel too. I am more than understanding and open to the idea that he may have had to put up with bullshit for too long, but that doesn't mean I can't be an asshole either. I'm still going to get pissed of and frustrated regardless, and he has to know that frustration and failure is just a part of business. I can even be *almost* sympathetic about how he took it out on me (if this was the case), but I'm still pissed off.

His confrontation on my character and integrity as a buyer/seller and as a person, I felt was COMPLETELY unfounded, unnecessary and just plain terrible businessmanship. I am almost in awe of the fact that he dug so deep to try to give himself such a confident image of what type of person I am, and was more than happy to share it with me.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 07-03-2006 at 04:59 PM.

My Ride
    2004 Honda EM2

Well I know Terence personally.

He is the most mature and responsible guy I've met. I even look up to him on advice.

We've taken a course together, and I know emergencies happen when you can't make it to a meeting or something. Things do happen. Time passes. I remember he didn't show up for the first few days of lectures. No one in our group got mad at him, he was simply busy. Back then I didn't know him, but no one in our group made assumptions. He's been busy, "Oh okay". Forgive, and forget.

Yes, this dude took it a little cross the line. I mean I could make assumptions here too. The seller is female. Three letters can easily explain the behaviour.

P
    M
    S

I mean hello. Only women use subliminal messages. Guys say it straight up. I mean stop taking people around the park, just get straight to the point. I mean such a big reaction to e-mails and PMs... this ain't no soap opera.

Terence is an Econ Major, and combining it with Business. And yes, his car is dead sexy. If I could afford it immediately I'd do it right now But, it doesn't mean he's using his acquired expertise to jack up the price. It's not his fault that the Albertan economy is going off the roof and doing better than all of Canada. I mean does Terence tell the world how much Crude Oil should cost? It would be awesome if he could, but not at the moment. Anyways, the price of his car is jacked up due to EXTERNAL FORCES beyond his control, the law of supply and demand. There is few Preludes of that specifications, and there is pretty good demand. Meaning the price is moved up. I can draw a few diagrams if anyone wants to.

But anyways, Terence isn't jacking up the price, the economy is. So try not to jump to conclusions. But what does that have to do with Terence wanting to buy someone elses car, specially the PMSing dude.

Now for some Sigmund Freud. Basically Sigmund Freud was the developer of Psychoanalysis, a term which Freud used to describe the human mind. His theories also consist on how to analyze the conscious mind based on underlying unconscious influences, such as that in behaviour and in the interpretation of dreams.

Freud faced much criticism from critics, as he beleived that everyone thought about was sex and violence. If someone dreams of a cigar, a gun, or any elongated object, it represented a male reproductive organ. A tunnel would represent the female version. It doesn't seem to be a very reliable way to analyze dreams, as it seems only to make sense to Freud.

Freud founded a sect of Psychology termed the Psychodynamic Theory, which relies heavily on the interpretation of unconscious forces shaping behavior.

Fruend basically saw the mind in three sections:
    1. The Conscious
    2. The Preconscious
    3. The Unconscious

The Conscious mind is what a person is actively aware of. The Preconscious mind is what is stored in the brain but the being is not currently aware of, but its assessible if some sort of cue triggers them to resurface. The Unconscious mind is where everything about a person is locked deep in the mind that one cannot recognize beyond awareness.

Now Freud describes that personality is split into three parts as well: The Id, Superege, and the Ego.

The Id, in Freud's theory, is the part of one's personality that relates to the instinctive nature of man. Such as raw emotions such as aggression and sex. This is seen as the childish personality of a person, only wanting to satifisy the most basic needs immediately - urges in a sense.

The Superego, in Freud's Theory, is part of the personality that adhere's to rules and laws. It's seen as the more mature part of emotion, where one realizes what's morally correct and what not.

The Ego, in Freud's Theory, is part of the personality that consolidates between the "child" (Id) and the "adult" (Superego) to come to some conclusion. Basically the middle man, it tries to reach an agreement to both sides in order to react to the external world.

Now Freud is known for his theory of Defense mechanisms, now this relates much to the previous context of the PMSing dude. When something in the unconscious that has caused great stress to an individual is about to be surfaced, the mind tries to protect the person from this stress by forcing them to avoid it by the used of Defense mechanisms.

Most well known to ppl is Denial, which is a defense mechanism involving and individual refusing to accept an EXTERNAL reality. Now in context with the PMSing Dude (as of now it will be denoted as PD), he is denying that the fact that Terence has a life, and can't be online forever.

Another is Repression, which is a defense mechanism (now denoted as MD) used to hide or submerge thoughts and feelings back where it came from in the unconscious. Now in context with PD, this person is repressing his urges to say it straight up. Seeing that it might conflict with the sales of his car, or make him/her look back when Terence posts what this person says.

Projection is a MD that puts unwanted feelings or wishes dealt to an individual upon someone else. Now we see that PD is treating Terence unfairly, so we can assume that he/she has faced a similar but not exact situation and treats Terence exactly how he/she dealt with someone else.

Reaction formation is an MD that makes a certain response into something else. So instead of acting civil and rational, PD makes a positive and rational reponse into something negative and rash.

Sublimation is the final MD and used to channel unacceptable impusles into activities or carreers acceptable by society. Now I do not know of PD personally, but I could jump to a conclusion that he/she could start up a show like Jerry Springer. Get a lot of emotional freaks on stage, let them talk and make fun of them by jumping quick to conclusions. It immediately shows how great of a person Jerry Springer is.

Now we move to Psychosexual Development, which is the most criticized theory of Freud's.

There is basically 3 stages in a certain sense that a person must progress in life. If one fails to move from one stage to another, one is stuck in that stage until they recover and move on.

Oral Stage, this occurs in the first year in life, where gratification is met by sucking or placing things in the mouth. Yes, it sounds REAL BAD.

Anal Stage. In context with the previous, this SOUNDS EXTREMELY BAD. Don't worry, its nothing about getting gratification from placing objects in one's rear. In Freud's theory, the Anal stage occurs in the second year in life, and pleasure is derived from the process of defaction: which is to excrete. So you're going the opposite direction . But it also refers to being untidy. Such as having a messy room.

Phallic Stage, the third stage of Psychosexual development, which lasts from age 3 - 5. In which pleasure is gained from self-stimulation of the sexual organs. Yeah, Freud is one sick dude.

Now there are two extra stages: Latency and Genital...

Latency Period occurs around age 5 to puberty, where a child's sexual feelings are largely expressed. This is more of Freud's well known theories, it is attached to his Oedipus and Electra Complexes.
    1. Oedipus Complex is where a males become erotically attracted to their mother, and fears their father.
    2. Electra Complex is where females become attracted to their fathers and envies their mothers.

The last stage is the Genital Stage, in which ones develops mature sexual relationships with members of the opposite sex.

That is the crash course on Freud.

For anyone who is actually interested on this and other introductory Psychological topics, i recommend reasing Psychology: The Adaptive Mind, Second Canadian Edition (Naire, Lindsay, Paulhus, and Smith).
    Last edited by PreludeLover; 07-03-2006 at 06:39 PM.
    I miss Preludes

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

^^....wow...

My Ride
    '08 Lancer GTS & '06 ZX10

I'd find and buy an USED Lexus IS300 somewhere else.

However, in the guys' defense, he probably had a bunch of people waste his time.

I used to get that all the time -- 12 million phone calls from people asking you everything about the car. You spend 30 minutes on the phone, they tell you they'll come look at it and never show up.

Usually now, I just post everything I can think and tell people to come look at it if they want to know anymore.

Good luck finding a Lexus..
    Terrorists suck.

My Ride
    MB C63

Screw buying the guys car...he should be bending over backwards if he wants a buyer not telling them to fuck off cuz he has attitude problems and thinks his car is to good for others.
    if he likes his car that much whys he selling it?

go waste his time for real even if you are no longer interested... tell him your interested and you want to see it and your going to bring a deposit go look at it and say wow everything is great then as you are about to hand over the deposit say...."hmm its not my color" hah

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

^^ naw, i'm completely frustrated over the situation and just want to move on. that's not really my style either, i really just want to buy a new car and that's it, and he obviously made it alot harder than it should've been.

Terrence, if you are willing to wait a little while, try contacting an importer and let them get it done for you from the States. www.autotrader.com has a lot of great deals on them. IS300's starting at around 12k USD. A good one, with low KM's and standard will run you about 20k USD, and after converting and all the taxes said and done, it will cost you about 26-28K CDN.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

Originally posted by arian_ma
    Terrence, if you are willing to wait a little while, try contacting an importer and let them get it done for you from the States. www.autotrader.com has a lot of great deals on them. IS300's starting at around 12k USD. A good one, with low KM's and standard will run you about 20k USD, and after converting and all the taxes said and done, it will cost you about 26-28K CDN.
    WORD!!

Haa haa, to tell you the truth, I have never read something more screwed up and indirect in years of reading...

I had to read then reread and skim to understand what was going on. How someone can go right to assuming and judging someone's character then to be straight up and ask what your up to.

If you want someone wants their car sold, they need to instill the quote "patience is a virtue".

Terence, this thread is weird simply because you are dealing with a screwed up seller... If you like the car, like Max said, call him from another phone, use a different name, and restart this transaction. That is if you want to. I don't know if I would want to deal with a seller that is crazy stupid and that looks at every little action and summarizes it in their own thoughts.

THIS THREAD IS STAINED!! Haa haa

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Originally posted by EMAN_O

WORD!!

Haa haa, to tell you the truth, I have never read something more screwed up and indirect in years of reading...

I had to read then reread and skim to understand what was going on. How someone can go right to assuming and judging someone's character then to be straight up and ask what your up to.

If you want someone wants their car sold, they need to instill the quote "patience is a virtue".

Terence, this thread is weird simply because you are dealing with a screwed up seller... If you like the car, like Max said, call him from another phone, use a different name, and restart this transaction. That is if you want to. I don't know if I would want to deal with a seller that is crazy stupid and that looks at every little action and summarizes it in their own thoughts.

THIS THREAD IS STAINED!! Haa haa

To me, it's screwed up, but not indirect. He was very direct. Instead of trying to sell me a car, he wanted to dig up dirt on me for some unknown reason, bringing factors such as my University studies and the selling of MY car (a completely seperate issue and NONE of his business). He was a direct douchebag, imo.

I don't want to deal with someone I can't stand - the dislike will rub off on the car too......plus I hate that colour. I've come through frustrating times when dealing with cars, but I have never been personally attacked or purposely pissed off. Inbetween the lines of this fellow's exceptional grammar and sentence structure it is clear that there was nothing professional about him to start with. He wanted ME to meet HIS ultimatums, or else judgement day would come (not talking about the price, I'm talking about the "If you do not call me back now, that means you are a crook and you are trying to scam me" ultimatum)

My Ride
    a cowgirl

the worst thing is that you're not the only one that has gone thru this

i recently bought my grand prix and had to go thru stages with the seller that would make hercule's 12 labors seem nothing.

lol, he has sellers rage!

When i am selling a car, i always say, just call before you come to make sure i am home.

I would get people trying to get me stay home ALL day just in case they want to see the car. Or "I'll be there in 15 minutes!" and they never come. Or show up 2 hours later.

"Oh i might be out in the evening and i'll take a look at it"
    "Well I might be home!"

When i sold my rabbit i got over 100 phone calls. Only 5 showed. So it is very frusterating

Once he started judging you i would've told him to suck it. You can always find that same car later for a similar price. And that's how you should treat EVERY sale.

My Ride
    W213

Hey, theres a better deal in the autotrader if you want to give that a shot. Its a blue 2004 with the premium package. 40000kms on it and he's only asking 33 000 now. Back in May he was asking 36 000.
    I think you would be lucky to go for that one. I actually wish I had waited and bought that, but by that time I had waited half a year to find a used IS300 and just opted instead to put in an order for a 250.

But go for the one in the autotrader there, assuming its not the same car you are talking about.

haha wow its like the you have to meet this guys criteria and have a certain level of enthusiasm before this fool will sell you his car.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast