Quantcast
How can I deal with crappy neighbours? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How can I deal with crappy neighbours?

My Ride
    X3

Angry How can I deal with crappy neighbours?

So I have neighbours who have a long enough driveways to fit 4 cars. Constantly parks in front of my house and leaves their driveway free. The max amount of cars they will have in their driveway is 1. Oh imagine...moving cars. That's so harsh. We have 2 spots in front of our house, so we've left it alone for YEARS. They usually have a system...save us 1 spot, and takes the other for themselves.

The other day, the neighbour comes and takes our spot as well. WTF?!?! I got annoyed, since our other spot that they USUALLY take was free, and they had friends or whoever over, and they stepped all over our lawn on their way over to their house. We were standing right there. Honestly. No cars were coming, why couldn't they have used the road like normal people?!?!

In addition, I asked the neighbour nicely if she would mind moving back a spot so that we have a place to park too. She gave me a dirty look and said she'll do it later. After she moved it, I said "thank you." Not a sarcastic one, a normal "thank you."

So today...parks diagnonally ACROSS the street, blocking both ways of traffic, sitting in her car talking to her mom who was also sitting in her car. I was trying to get into my driveway...waited...waited...NORMAL people tend to move their cars at least when they see cars coming. Nope. Normal mores don't apply to her. Just sat and chatted. What the heck was I supposed to do? So I just took a larger turn and went into my driveway.
    Her mom comes pounding on my car window: "YOU ARE SO RUDE!"

Me (thinking): how is this rude?!?!

Her mom: the other day, my daughter parked for only ONE minute (me thinking: more like 1.5 hours) and you were rude to her to move her car (me thinking: um, she was in my spot, and is technically ALWAYS in my other spot, but you haven't seen me complain, until now, have you?!?!)! Now you are so rude like this! (Me thinking: how is this rude? Getting into my own driveway is RUDE?!?! What, I have to wait for you two to stop yacking until she would move her van?!?! I didn't hit her car or anything...piss off, biatch!). Your family...now you! (Me: Leave my family out of this and stay on topic, fool). I didn't expect this of you, my friend (Me thinking: since when were we ever friends?).

I told her that I didn't have to take this, and I slammed my car door.

She's probably going to set fire to my car now. Biatch.

Is there anything legally that I can do about this? Restraining order (okay, that might be a bit much)?

So you are aware you have no entitlement to the spots in front of your house. Anyone is allowed to park there. unless you are in a condo or something where you own a spot. In that case next time just get them towed.

It is inconsiderate for them to park there.

And i didn't understand what was going on in the second big paragraph. *Shrug*

My Ride
    335i

These 'parking spots' you speak of are not yours to claim, unfortunately.
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by nonsane
    So you are aware you have no entitlement to the spots in front of your house. Anyone is allowed to park there. unless you are in a condo or something where you own a spot. In that case next time just get them towed.

It is inconsiderate for them to park there.

And i didn't understand what was going on in the second big paragraph. *Shrug*

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    These 'parking spots' you speak of are not yours to claim, unfortunately.

Well that sucks. Thanks for letting me know.

I think it's just how she called me rude, when she sits in her car and blocks two ways of traffic, walks across people's lawns without even thinking about it... stuff like that.

My Ride
    FJR1300/2018 Giant Trance 3

Last edited by codetrap; 03-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.

"We need a vaccination for stupidity, with booster shots against an unwillingness to learn."

My Ride
    POS

yup, it's just consideration they don't take up any spots in front of your house, but they have no obligation to. They seem like a waste of a time anyways, just suck it up or start parking your car in front of their house.

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

Public road, so no, nothing you can do.
    Don't do stupid shit like me and park on the lawn (my neighbor likes to fill up the front of my house too, and I have too many cars), got a nice court summons for it.
    Apparently it's not legal to park on your front lawn. Ticket was issued to property owner, not car, for allowing a vehicle to be parked on front lawn.
    Anyway, I have the same problem pretty much, and there's not much to be done except either park further away from your house or have a car basically constantly in front of your house, and park it so that it only fits one car hahaha.

Of course you could try to persuade them from parking there with glass or spike strips when you're not there
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    DC4

Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to go over there and talk about the situation like mature people. Two wrongs don't make a right and starting a war with your neighbour will juts end up in headaches for you and your family. Now if you are resonable and they tell you to stfu, then you can start thinking about pulling some "neighbour" tricks.

My Ride
    NC1

Yah I had an asshole neighbour who lived diagonally across the street from my family in the ghetto. He purposely parked right in front of our house to piss us off. He had a double detached garage and could probably park 3 cars in front of his house but nope, he had to come over and park in front of our house. I asked him if he could move his car once and he told me to fuck off. So when we moved, I went back and smashed all of his windows on his cars. Meh. I was 16, didn't give a shit. Now I would probably pay someone to do it haha
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    obnoxious bikess.

Originally posted by max_boost
    Yah I had an asshole neighbour who lived diagonally across the street from my family in the ghetto. He purposely parked right in front of our house to piss us off. He had a double detached garage and could probably park 3 cars in front of his house but nope, he had to come over and park in front of our house. I asked him if he could move his car once and he told me to fuck off. So when we moved, I went back and smashed all of his windows on his cars. Meh. I was 16, didn't give a shit. Now I would probably pay someone to do it haha
    hahahahahahahaha
    thats fuckin funny.
    man your a badass.

at my place we have a 2 car garage a drive way and what "should" be a place to park infront, but for a few days my neighbour kept parking in my street spot. so i just parked behind him almost bumper to bumper anyway.
    hes a reasonable man and decided to only take up one spot instead of two

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by vc-kev
    Honestly, the best way to deal with it is to go over there and talk about the situation like mature people. Two wrongs don't make a right and starting a war with your neighbour will juts end up in headaches for you and your family. Now if you are resonable and they tell you to stfu, then you can start thinking about pulling some "neighbour" tricks.
    *smirk* Dunno if that will work. I mean, when I was asking her politely to move her car, she went crying to her mommy to yell at me about it. She could have easily talked to me about it today, since she was sitting in her car looking at her mom yell at me. Otherwise, with normal people, I would probably talk it out.

Originally posted by max_boost
    HA HA! You got away with that?!?!

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by snowboard

hahahahahahahaha
    thats fuckin funny.
    man your a badass.

at my place we have a 2 car garage a drive way and what "should" be a place to park infront, but for a few days my neighbour kept parking in my street spot. so i just parked behind him almost bumper to bumper anyway.
    hes a reasonable man and decided to only take up one spot instead of two

Nice to know... Decent people out there...

My Ride
    02 Accord

man.... you think you have problems... listen to this... I just got a new neighbour, single older female. She has two dogs, who I guess are just ruining her house, so when she leaves in the morning, she locks em up in this room, (prob a laundry room with open windows) anyways its right under my bed room window... EVERY MORNING these fucking dogs begin howling like wolves to moon light, ALL MORNING long non stop... wakes me up every morning well before I'm supposed to wake up, AND on the fuckin weekends too... Its starting to drive me crazy.... I walked by her the other day, said hi.... asked her hows shes enjoying the community blah blah... Then I'm like, so those dogs of yours just loooove to howl all morning long after you leave the house huh.... Shes like yep.... and walks away.... I'm like ok.... and we havn't talked since.... What do you think I should do... tell her those dogs are driving me nuts in the morning? and to close her windows? Thing is I dont think that would make a differance... you guys honestly need to hear these howls, omfg, I can't believe how bad it is to wake up to that.... opinions?

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

It also depends if the daughter is hawt or the mom too. If they are, you're legally obligated to let them do whatever the hell they please.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by ga16i
    It also depends if the daughter is hawt or the mom too. If they are, you're legally obligated to let them do whatever the hell they please.
    She keeps having children everytime I see her. Think she's on her 5th or something...different dads. Still interested?

BTW... hawt is not the first word that hits me when I see her.
    Last edited by TC2002; 07-07-2006 at 02:42 PM.

My Ride
    Econo-box

Non violent, non mature solution:

Whenever they park in front of your house, block them in. When they come over to bitch say something sappy like "were a struggling family with 2 cars and we need our spots".

just a thought.

My Ride
    X3

Originally posted by glennc
    Non violent, non mature solution:

Whenever they park in front of your house, block them in. When they come over to bitch say something sappy like "were a struggling family with 2 cars and we need our spots".

just a thought.

HA HA HA!

My Ride
    FA1

Originally posted by EnRich
    man.... you think you have problems... listen to this... I just got a new neighbour, single older female. She has two dogs, who I guess are just ruining her house, so when she leaves in the morning, she locks em up in this room, (prob a laundry room with open windows) anyways its right under my bed room window... EVERY MORNING these fucking dogs begin howling like wolves to moon light, ALL MORNING long non stop... wakes me up every morning well before I'm supposed to wake up, AND on the fuckin weekends too... Its starting to drive me crazy.... I walked by her the other day, said hi.... asked her hows shes enjoying the community blah blah... Then I'm like, so those dogs of yours just loooove to howl all morning long after you leave the house huh.... Shes like yep.... and walks away.... I'm like ok.... and we havn't talked since.... What do you think I should do... tell her those dogs are driving me nuts in the morning? and to close her windows? Thing is I dont think that would make a differance... you guys honestly need to hear these howls, omfg, I can't believe how bad it is to wake up to that.... opinions?
    If it is loud enough during hours that the noise level should be very quiet, I think you can call a bylaw officer about a noise violation of some sort. lol those dogs most howl really loud in order to wake you up

Also, yeah like everyone else said those spots infront of your house are not yours they are legally the city's property. I have only one spot infront of my house and I never use it. My driveway that we just extended can fit 4 cars side-to-side and 2 more in the garage itself and probably another 2 on the road infront of the driveway.

Our neighbours are hit and miss, I don't mind them parking infront of our house as we do not use that spot but I really hate it when they park like 2 feet from their driveway and a foot into my driveway. It's hard when there is a lot of people over to get into a spot cause a foot of the truck is blocking your driveway.

A good revenge method is, if the neighbour parks there and is always at that same spot, you can call bylaw services to give them a ticket or even get them towed for sitting there too long.

THIS You can complaint o the city about. We had a complaint against for our last dog barking in our yard (she was hardly ever outside and only barked if the neighbour put their dog out too. A bylaw officer stopped by our house with a written warning about it - next would be a fine (Can't remember how much)

Originally posted by TC2002

She keeps having children everytime I see her. Think she's on her 5th or something...different dads. Still interested?

BTW... hawt is not the first word that hits me when I see her.
    5 kids, different dads eh? Well, you know she has no problem putting out! Might as well get some crotch tossed at you!

My Ride
    X3

I'm pretty certain that there is a a noise pollution law of some sort, but I don't know if that covers animals... Look into it with the city.

originally posted by core_upt
    5 kids, different dads eh? Well, you know she has no problem putting out! Might as well get some crotch tossed at you!
    Geez. Who knows what's been in there. No thanks.
    Last edited by TC2002; 07-07-2006 at 03:03 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast