Quantcast
Enron Verdict: GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Enron Verdict: GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY

My Ride
    firebird

Default Enron Verdict: GUILTY GUILTY GUILTY

Ken Lay: Guilty on all 6 counts

Jeff Skilling: Guilty on 18 counts, not guilty on all insider trading charges except one.

I hope they both die in prison for what they did. This is a big day for the financial world to show that acts like this will not go unpunished. Good job jury.
    Last edited by Mckenzie; 05-25-2006 at 10:17 AM.
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

i cant get over how they were able to lie about 60 billion dollars to everyone and thier dogs.....

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

Originally posted by RickDaTuner
    i cant get over how they were able to lie about 60 billion dollars to everyone and thier dogs.....
    And when people lost everything they had, the scumbags we're still sitting on millions of dollars, driving around in Benz's and crusing on yacht's. Dateline had a thing on them a few weeks ago, and it said right after Ken Lay lied to the employee's faces about everything, and knew they were all screwed, he went and bought some antique light for his wife for like $15,000.

My Ride
    Avalanche/Nightrod

"Fun with Dick and Jane"

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by rony_espana
    "Fun with Dick and Jane"
    haha....that was actually a pretty fun movie....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Bicycle

You just have to wonder how much of this is going on right now where everyone is buying into the oil boom.

Last edited by kaput; 03-22-2019 at 06:19 PM.

My Ride
    rsx-s

Originally posted by Xtrema
    You just have to wonder how much of this is going on right now where everyone is buying into the oil boom.
    This won't be happening much with the prescence of Sarbanes-Oxley compliancy policies

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

anyone know how long they are gone away for?

My Ride
    Bicycle

^ No sentencing yet. Probably next few days.

My Ride
    2003 Subaru WRX Stg. 2

ohh ok

any predictions?

My Ride
    firebird

Sentencing has ironically been set for September 11th..... Skilling is facing up to 175 years and Lay pretty similar time. Obviously they will be locked away for the majority of the rest of their life. Good on the jurors....I hope the judge is equally as hard on them for what they did to the economy and the poor pensioners that lost everything.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    Bicycle

5yr for Lay
    10 for Skilling

Minimum security @ club Feb. Out after 1/2 the time served.

Originally posted by Xtrema
    5yr for Lay
    10 for Skilling

Minimum security @ club Feb. Out after 1/2 the time served.
    ouch.. if that's the case.. they might as well let Lay and Skilling line everyone that got screwed in the Enron scandal in a single file, and let them kick each one of them in the ass and then laugh at the victims while they walk away.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Shaolin

ouch.. if that's the case.. they might as well let Lay and Skilling line everyone that got screwed in the Enron scandal in a single file, and let them kick each one of them in the ass and then laugh at the victims while they walk away.
    You know what, if they ain't rich, they probably behind bars now. Not enjoying another 3-4months at home before sentencing, out on a $5M bond each.

And if Bush doesn't give a shit, he could pardon them on the way out, which is only a year or so away.

My Ride
    firebird

Karma's a bitch I guess....

Ken Lay got what was coming to him....

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060705/obit_lay.html?.v=5
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

My Ride
    2013 Longhorn Ram

He got off easy. Now he doesnt have to face the jurors. He spent his last days living in luxory, versus in a jail somewhere.

Originally posted by SKR
    You know what, I'm such a ricer. More form than function, oversized exhaust, Japanese engine, and if I put the tailgate down it kind of acts as much like a wing as the picnic table wings the fast and furious guys are bolting to their cars.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by Mckenzie
    Karma's a bitch I guess....

Ken Lay got what was coming to him....

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/060705/obit_lay.html?.v=5
    Karma didn't show up. If it did, Ken Lay would've had an heart attack while being raped by jail mate.

My Ride
    firebird

Well true but I think that being a millionaire that appears to be in relatively good shape but dying of heart disease at 64 shows that something is going on. The corruption and greed flowed through his body like a disease and took him out....maybe he could have won his appeal....who knows.
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast