Quantcast
Which city has the worst drivers? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Which city has the worst drivers?

LOL at least some of you got it right. Regina? Saskatoon?!?! Calgary?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Those places are amazingly easy to drive in. It's a well-known fact that people drive better in the West. Or rather, they follow traffic rules a lot more. LA?! Every driver in LA seems polite and let's pedestrians cross. Every western city I've ever been in was a world apart from east-coast cities (Montreal and New York especially). LA, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon etc. You try to cross the street and...miracle.... the cars stop for you! I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Try doing that in Montreal and you'll get killed. That's why everyone jaywalks. Even Ottawa is nice though I found their no left or right-turn streets to be the most confusing ever. I'd just be driving around in circles because half the streets have a no left-turn sign...

But man, some of you are out of wack. Vancouver, Calgary, and ESPECIALLY Regina and Saskatoon are dreamland when it comes to driving.
    Porsche 944S2 Cabrio

Lloydminster AB/SK

Spend a week here and you'll understand.

next to calgary... russia
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    AE92GZE, Legacy BL, Yaris

^^^
    Woww ..

you don't see it in the video but right after he's runnin to the bathroom to clean his underwear.

My Ride
    z32 TT

Originally posted by alloroc

you don't see it in the video but right after he's runnin to the bathroom to clean his underwear.

hahahaa!

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 07-10-2019 at 04:06 PM.

My Ride
    Accord

Edmonton clearly... I've been southbound on calgary trail (essentially the only way to get north/south in the city...and you think calgary has a shitty highway system?) and had a car literally just stop in front of me, to answer their phone I think. Not pulling off the road or anything, just straight up stopped in the lane. I'm still surprised I didn't run through him.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    WTF is a Bro-Dozer exactly? lol

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by lilmira

Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

Originally posted by Sugarphreak
    Calgary hands down... only place I know where everybody does 10 to 20km under the limit and your average driver is completely clueless as to how to interact with those around them.
    you just described spokane. I spent 4 hours driving in washington and saw 1 other vehicle doing the speed limit. and even fewer of them know how to yield to faster traffic. and they all merge at half the speed limit. lemme tell you that shit is scary on the I90 trying to merge though the truck train in the right lane.

other than that they are very polite. drivers. not a single one of them ran a red light or a stop sign. even watched a rec trailer tire blow out. and not a single person hit the carcass at 110km/h. imagine that. everyone was paying attention.
    2011 Chevy Colorado Z71 - 5.3L LH9 - Daily driver
    2003 Mazda B4000 on 35s

My Ride
    what shall i drive today?

Vancouver

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by CSSHOP07
    Vancouver
    i disagree, ppl there seem to have a set sense on where they want to go - it may be hectic because of the amount of ppl there but they generally move along great imo i think of it as organized chaos there, rush hour getting onto the lions gate ppl actually let each other in i noticed because they understand that if you screw around, traffic builds up and no one gets home. another side note is ppl actually know how to park properly, i guess cause they're forced to become parallel parking masters though.

everytime after being there for an extended time, i find as soon as i'm back on the coquihalla coming home, it's all the ppl with alberta plates that piss me off and coming back into the city you find ppl drive alot slower here, make alot more of those last minute cuts across 3 lanes to exit.

My Ride
    A4/Tundra

Originally posted by bitteeinbit
    LOL at least some of you got it right. Regina? Saskatoon?!?! Calgary?!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Those places are amazingly easy to drive in. It's a well-known fact that people drive better in the West. Or rather, they follow traffic rules a lot more. LA?! Every driver in LA seems polite and let's pedestrians cross. Every western city I've ever been in was a world apart from east-coast cities (Montreal and New York especially). LA, Calgary, Regina, Saskatoon etc. You try to cross the street and...miracle.... the cars stop for you! I couldn't believe my eyes at first. Try doing that in Montreal and you'll get killed. That's why everyone jaywalks. Even Ottawa is nice though I found their no left or right-turn streets to be the most confusing ever. I'd just be driving around in circles because half the streets have a no left-turn sign...

But man, some of you are out of wack. Vancouver, Calgary, and ESPECIALLY Regina and Saskatoon are dreamland when it comes to driving.
    THIS. If you actually RISK using the crosswalks in Toronto, instead of jaywalking, a car will squeeze its bumper in between you and the oncoming pedestrians in the crosswalk. Red lights? = speed up. I drove in Calgary for 30 years, nothing on eastern cities.

My Ride
    VW Corrado VR6

We've had this question many times. The answer is always Richmond, BC.

My Ride

i dont care if you agree or disagree kid, it was my personal opinion.

My Ride

me and a few buddies rented scooters while down in Cancun and i swore i was gonna die driving on there roads... no one follows speed limits, cops don't enforce anything traffic related.... stop signs were optional for people, half the cars on the road didn't have plates on them. a cab driver told me half the people down there that drive don't have proper insurance and registration.... but the people who do are either rich, commercial vehicles and dealerships wont let leased vehicles go without proper documents shown when they go to drive off the lot...

So long story short.... anywhere in Mexico is a driving hazard no one is careful down there. makes all canada drives look like driving instructors

My Ride
    S14|TB1

Originally posted by CSSHOP07
    i dont care if you agree or disagree kid, it was my personal opinion .
    ok... Welcome to beyond.
    Last edited by n1zm0; 09-08-2012 at 01:32 AM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-03-2020 at 08:27 AM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    wrx wagon

Originally posted by DeeK
    We've had this question many times. The answer is always Richmond, BC.
    Have to agree with this one

I lived in Vancouver for a year, and my comparison between Calgary vs Vancouver drivers is as follows:

In Calgary when someone cuts you off, they did it on purpose just to be a dick.

In Vancouver when someone cuts you off, they usually have no idea that they just cut you off, (or no idea where they are, what the speed limit is, what lane they should be in etc).

However when it comes to white Calgary drivers vs white Vancouver drivers, I found that skill-wise they are pretty much on par, maybe a slight edge to white Vancouver drivers. I did find that white Vancouver drivers are more polite vs white Calgary drivers, less road rage for sure. I think this is because people in Calgary expect to get places quickly (as our road network is actually pretty good), and if there is traffic they get pissed off. In Vancouver everyone is resigned to the fact that they will get stuck in crazy traffic anywhere they try to go, and thus they are much calmer and don't mind letting you in etc.

My Ride
    2015 Hyundai Veloster

Originally posted by bitteeinbit

You just outlined why Calgary is so terrible. People in Calgary don't follow traffic rules, are you crazy? I see at least 5 cars run red lights every time I drive anywhere, people stop at yields, drive in any lane they choose, it's ridiculous.

The reason the cars stop for you when you try and cross the street is because Calgary is so full of crazies that people are afraid you'll just walk out into traffic without looking so they better stop to be sure. Out east drivers realize people have common sense and aren't going to do that.

People in Calgary don't even know how to change a light bulb, I've counted over 100 vehicles in the last couple of days that had brake lights out, many of them with 2 out and only 1 working one left. Some had NONE!

But even though Calgary is bad, Atlanta is way worse. I lived there for 5 months and I was afraid to go out anywhere, it's way worse than here.
    Originally posted by Go4Long
    or else what? you'll turn on the caps lock?
    you do realize this is the internet right? lol
    Originally posted by rob the knob
    mar, you are good guy at heart
    you must realize your limitations
    then you will be happy if you fine place in live
    Originally posted by blitz
    Jesus man, I know you like Transformers, but you need to get out more. No one should get this upset over a movie based on children's toys.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast