Quantcast
Fd3s Rx-7 - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fd3s Rx-7

Originally posted by tsi_neal

and as jamez said anyone who thinks there getting a bargain is in for a bit of a shock, nothing for these cars is cheap and thats not gonna change. so woohoo you get an FD for 15,000 k have 5-10k of problems in the first year cuz lets be real here imported cars are very rarely the "prime" examples.

anyways count me as one thats not looking forward to the day that i see RHD FD's on the road (or any car that i can get a LHD example of)

Amen to that!
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    330hp

why did they have to make that sexy car a rotary =(

hmm wonder how much would it be to fill that gas tankk annyone kno?
    Updating...

My Ride
    Toyota Previa

Originally posted by tsi_neal
    reality check but people pay good money to be exclusive
    Reality check: its a Mazda RX7....

Pay a little more of that "good money" and buy a Maserati if you want exclusive!

Originally posted by tabouli

Pay a little more of that "good money" and buy a Maserati if you want exclusive!

Umm he owns my old RX-7 , im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about LOL.
    2011 Mercedes C63 AMG //2009 Mercedes C350 SOLD //2008 BMW 335i SOLD //2006 Mercedes C Sold// 2002 BMW M3 SOLD// 2004 Porsche C4S SOLD// 2006 Audi S4 SOLD// 2005 Audi 1.8T SS SOLD// 2004 Subaru STi SOLD// 1994 LHD Toyota Supra SOLD//1993 LHD Mazda RX-7 SOLD // 2002 Honda S2000 SC SOLD// 2004 Range Rover SOLD//

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Originally posted by JAYMEZ_STi

Umm he owns my old RX-7 , im pretty sure he knows what he is talking about LOL.
    Truth be told, your old RX was pretty exclusive compared to most of the FD's out there, especially the low-budget ones we'll be seeing entering the country relatively soon. A "normal" FD is quickly going to become commonplace...

My Ride
    FAT tires

The internet is a funny place, you never know who youre talking too... Whats even funnier is if you go back a few years I had my hands on a maserati, and it was pretty exclusive. A 1985 biturbo S, nice car but it had its issues...

But back to the FD, its not the money that makes it exclusive its the numbers. When just over 10,000 cars graced our shores its not exacly common place. And when that gets polluted with 1000's of JDM cars its kinda shitty

Originally posted by tabouli

FD IS THE BEST!

who can resist such a beauty

My Ride
    1996 ek

i for one am allready saving money for one. wether it's right hand drive or not. I've had an fc and I sold it and started putting money away for an fd. and eventually i will have one. and i don't car to be exclusive for me owning a rotory car is not about exclusivity it's about being an enthusiast of one of the best built engines ever.

My Ride
    Wankels!

Originally posted by k98303
    FD IS THE BEST!

I can. When they're clad with hideous body kits and a towel rack on the back. The FD is a beautiful car stock.

Originally posted by Penguin_Racecar

I can. When they're clad with hideous body kits and a towel rack on the back. The FD is a beautiful car stock.
    any one of them, doesn't matter with kits of stock...are beautiful enuff to drive me nuts

My Ride
    '93 civic EG

I'm sort of looking forward to it... in a way. Finally I'll be able to get parts

Originally posted by pikamonk
    I'm sort of looking forward to it... in a way. Finally I'll be able to get parts

LOL no doubt , there is gonna be alot of broken down RHD RX-7 soon.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

who's going to fix all these cars, rx7 specialties??? he's the only one with a really good knowledge of the car.

i like the rx7 but i'm not a fan of rhd from japan, we'll see a bunch of beat up rx7's on the side of the road. if i was to ever consider buying one, i'd pay under 10k for the car save 5k for a new engine and 5k for paint and body.

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Originally posted by k98303
    FD IS THE BEST!

My Ride
    Mall Crawler

Originally posted by Ekliptix

sshhhhhh

Seriously, is it a huge deal to convert from RHD to LDH in these cars??
    fyi, i contacted hinson supercars, they make kits for the rhd model, you just have to tell them before you order, same price

as per passing on the highway, left turns, etc. mount a camera that can withstand some abuse in the front opening of the bumper (passenger side) and rig it through to an lcd screen in the car, kind of like what motor homes use to back up
    sig deleted by moderator, because they are useless

My Ride
    09 wrx265

I would just wait for a year or two and see if some beyonders decided to sell their RHD FDs

undecided now wheter to go for EVO3 in 08 or FD in 07

My Ride
    240sx, 1991 Supra mk3 tt, 4-speed 93 Benz 320e

Originally posted by CCM Pro
    whats so special about one from Japan? excuse my ignorance I was just curious as to why not get one from North America?
    sry i had to comment u on this. You dont know shit about imported cars. say u import a 240sx (180sx) from japan. okay, over there they got 200hp stock. cuz they got the sr20 in it. STOCK! but when get sent to america or north america. they remove those engines andd put in american made ka24's in which are shitty cuz there like Fords engines. AMERICAN MADE!. is not a good thing. JAPAN MADE! is the best thing.

Plus RHD!

My Ride
    garbage truck

Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom

sry i had to comment u on this. You dont know shit about imported cars. say u import a 240sx (180sx) from japan. okay, over there they got 200hp stock. cuz they got the sr20 in it. STOCK! but when get sent to america or north america. they remove those engines andd put in american made ka24's in which are shitty cuz there like Fords engines. AMERICAN MADE!. is not a good thing. JAPAN MADE! is the best thing.

Plus RHD!

Most of the cars imported here are Japanese garbage that they don't want anymore and all of a sudden there is a huge dump a few thousand kilometers away that will take anything...
    I've got nothing against RHD, it is just sad IMO when you see these kids that go up to people and they're liek "OH WOW RHD you're my idol that is the cleanest car ever" and I just look at them like "Do you notice that half of the interior of that car is missing?"
    If you're going to import one, don't be a cheap fuck, get one from a private seller so that at least all the RX-7's that are getting imported are clean.
    Originally posted by rage2
    #1: don't ever question me.

My Ride
    It's held together by zip ties

Originally posted by arian_ma

I've got nothing against RHD, it is just sad IMO when you see these kids that go up to people and they're liek "OH WOW RHD you're my idol that is the cleanest car ever" and I just look at them like "Do you notice that half of the interior of that car is missing?
    i have half of my interior missing, its hardcore drifter style lol

seriously, alot of well put comments in this thread. I do agree that about 60% of the cars that do come in are garbage. but hey some people what something that they can afford. even with the s13's, its cheaper to buy a jdm 180sx or even a silvia than to do the swap over here. well unless your car is a total pos that is.

I do think there is going to be alot of problems with these cars and unless your used to looking at your car all the time needing something done, stay away from rotory.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast