Quantcast
Porsche Cayenne Turbo! - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Porsche Cayenne Turbo!

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Default Porsche Cayenne Turbo!

Wooo. Saw a black one driving the opposite way on the LIX, yesterday. Looked really sweet. A lot better than the press release photos. Anyone else seen one of these IRL? Opinions?
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

I saw a blk one last night... I would have spent my money where it was supposed to be 911 twin.

Ir looks pretty ugly still, but it is pretty rare so the Wow factor was there followed by a what a waste of money... IMO

Originally posted by Fuji
    I saw a blk one last night... I would have spent my money where it was supposed to be 911 twin.

Ir looks pretty ugly still, but it is pretty rare so the Wow factor was there followed by a what a waste of money... IMO
    Drive one! Heard it doesn't handle like conventional SUVs even Mr. Anti SUV (rage2) thought it was pretty nice.
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

If I ever have kids, and my wife needs to drive the kids to soccer in an SUV, I'd buy the Cayenne. It's actually not bad.

But that won't happen anytime soon!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Or so you think... you seem to think you have a say in the matter!
    ---

My Ride
    2001 E46 M3 LSB

The Porsche Cayenne S has 450hp! Who the hell's gonna take that SUV into the woods and go 4 x 4ing? Haha, I still think that they're ugly, but it's odd that Porsche just decided: "Hey guys, lets make an SUV even though we don't even make a sedan!"

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by calarina
    The Porsche Cayenne S has 450hp! Who the hell's gonna take that SUV into the woods and go 4 x 4ing? Haha, I still think that they're ugly, but it's odd that Porsche just decided: "Hey guys, lets make an SUV even though we don't even make a sedan!"
    yes, and amazingly it opperates incredibly well.

VW has HUGE R&D budgets, so for them to come out with something like that is no surprise, its been in the making for half a decade. 450hp and 460 tq is i'm sure plenty to get around the town and for the people owning one, perhapse they own a nice summer cottage on a lake where the versitility of the SUV would be appreciated instead of taking the 911TT. In any case, most people who buy SUV's just buy htem because, even people buying low budget SUV's rarely take them off road, so cost is not an issue, nor is power, its just another product catering to a specific class of people, and in My Opinion, they did that rather well.

but it's odd that Porsche just decided: "Hey guys, lets make an SUV even though we don't even make a sedan!"
    Its not really odd, it makes perfect business sense. Look at who is buying the high end SUVs. Its usually wealthy people that have plenty of money to spend. Even if 99.5% of people who buy SUVs don't take them off road, its a status symbol and if Porsche wants to stay alive they'll have to make some changes and I think they've made the right choice.
    ---

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The Porsche Cayenne S has 450hp!
    Cayenne S has 340. The Turbo has 450. The top Audi version of it will have 500hp. The VW versions are 220 or so HP (not sure about the VW ones).
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

Originally posted by kenny

Drive one! Heard it doesn't handle like conventional SUVs even Mr. Anti SUV (rage2) thought it was pretty nice.
    But I mean I never would have bought an SUV based on the premise of exceptional handling. I and I am sure many others would buy one on:

1. BLING
    2. BLING BLING
    3. Space
    4. Looks

I just think it is ugly. It probably handles like no other SUV, but I wouldn't buy one based on how well it handles or if I track my vehicles. I would just buy a acr or wagon if I required family towing capabilities and a balance of Performance...

CRXguy must know something he is not telling

And Rage - I am pretty sure we don't have a say ... We were pretty much all accidents... hhahaa

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Originally posted by rage2

Cayenne S has 340. The Turbo has 450. The top Audi version of it will have 500hp. The VW versions are 220 or so HP (not sure about the VW ones).
    They are using the the 3.2-liter V6 found in the Golf R32, but this version was slightly detuned and offers 220bhp and 223 lb-ft of torque. For now, the top U.S. engine is VAG's 4.2-liter V8 with 310 bhp and 302 lb-ft of tq.

Diesels are comming.

Originally posted by Ben

They are using the the 3.2-liter V6 found in the Golf R32, but this version was slightly detuned and offers 220bhp and 223 lb-ft of torque. For now, the top U.S. engine is VAG's 4.2-liter V8 with 310 bhp and 302 lb-ft of tq.

Diesels are comming.

Ben, you got a site where I can find more bout that VW?

Guess I missed it on the VW website.
    it actually looks nice, and its diesel

Vehicle type front-engine, 4-wheel-drive, 5-passenger, 5-door wagon
    Base price $39,500 US
    Engine type DOHC 32-valve 4.2-liter V-8
    Power (SAE net) 310 bhp @ 6200 rpm
    Transmissions 6-speed auto
    Wheelbase 112.4 in
    Length 187.2 in
    Curb Weight 5550 lb
    EPA fuel economy, city driving 15 mpg

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

nice, thanks.

My Ride
    07 Mazdaspeed 6, 89 Mustang LX

I've seen a black one so far. I'm not wild about how it looks personally, like a 911 that was stretched vertically. I'd imagine it hugs corners like crazy and goes like snot though.
    Drag racing is for fast cars. Solo 2 is for fast drivers.

My Ride
    15 Lexus RCF, 15 Lexus NX Fsport

yea i would have to agree the front end just doesnt do it for me, if i was going to go SUV it would have to be the Escalade

The Cayenne looks like someone took a 911TT, stretched it vertically on Photoshop and the execs saw it and said build it....i think it's ugly and a terrible shape...

My Ride
    Pathfinder

All it is is a Jacked up 911 Turbo with 4 doors and a hatch. its Cool but who really needs a 450hp SUV?....who really needs an SUV:tongue:

My Ride
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II

Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
    All it is is a Jacked up 911 Turbo with 4 doors and a hatch. its Cool but who really needs a 450hp SUV?....who really needs an SUV:tongue:
    That's like asking "who really needs a 911 Turbo?". No one does, but it's really cool if you can afford it.
    2002 BMW M3 SMG-II TiSi/Blk
    Eisenmann 83mm Exhaust|Dinan Front Strut Bar|GC Coilovers|K&N Filters|Silvervision Signal Bulbs|Hamann Blackout Grill|Hamann Eyebrows|Hamann OE Brake Duct Covers|BMW Pedals|Alpine CVA-1005|Pioneer XM|iPod|PS2|MB Quartz Compnts.|Alpine Amps(2)|JL Audio 12" Subs(2)|Alpine PowerNav|Alpine 6 Disc Changer|Eibach Swaybars|18" SSR GT3's|Brembo Brake Kit 14"/12.9"|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast