Quantcast
Is Israel going too far?? - Page 11 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Israel going too far??

My Ride
    You Crazy

Originally posted by 5abi
    man, i really don't understand?

Does israel not have a right to defend its self?
    Defend yes....

slaughter civilains.... no

Death toll in that region is always 10:1 in the Israelis favour....

Disproportionality and escalation .... those are Israels crimes.

You can never justify (international law, or morally), killing civilians en masse, or targeting civilian infrastructure.

Searching for Hezzbolah is like looking for needles in hay stacks. Killing more civilians then terrorists is a bad idea, illegal, and immoral.

Then there is the whole gaza and occupied territories ordeal... that has been illegal since the 60's, but no one "that matters" cares.....

My Ride
    whatevers at the end of the driveway

CNN BREAKING NEWS Israeli miltary says airstrike in Lebanon destroys long-range Iranian missile capable of reaching Tel Aviv, AP says.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 11-01-2020 at 05:56 AM.

Originally posted by 01RedDX

Hiding among civilians to launch terrorist attacks is immoral, especially when you are fully aware of the response you will receive. They use their own people as shields because they don't give a shit about them, their agenda has nothing to do with long term humanitarian goals. So who's really killing civilians?
    dot
    Was the #1 Forum Warrior

My Ride
    You Crazy

Hiding among civilians to launch terrorist attacks is immoral.....
    agreed.... but that does not excuse Israels bahaviour.

My Ride
    I like. :)

Who's keeping track of the civilian death toll by Israel? Everyone's tracking the civilian deaths by the U.S. in Afghanistan. Hopefully, Israel will do a better job, in going after the terrorist targets more accurately.

Israel wants to go in there and destroy Lebanese buildings, power stations, roads, airports, bridges... all in the name of stopping hidden terrorist activities. Now they're sending in ground troops... for some reason I feel like the U.S. receives more scrutiny on the international scene than Israel does (which is bad news for innocent civilians in Lebanon), but we shall see.

When Israel is done, I'd be impressed and I would expect Israel to help in the rebuilding process of Lebanon when they've completed their 'mission.' If they don't they'll ruin more lives and create more resentment amongst the innocent Lebanese who's homes, bridges, roads, airports, and LIVELIHOODs have been crippled in the sake of Israeli military activity. That would be a big sign and say a lot about who they are.

So basicaly what your saying is that the Israelis should sit back, because the hezobolah is hiding in civilian areas?

I think they should use ground troops instead of air bombardment for sure.

Same with the americans in iraq.

My Ride
    e38, e34 on the way.

Hiding among civilians to launch terrorist attacks is immoral, especially when you are fully aware of the response you will receive. They use their own people as shields because they don't give a shit about them, their agenda has nothing to do with long term humanitarian goals. So who's really killing civilians?

IMO the innocent death toll rises because there SOOOO many people who have been brainwashed by hizballah to thinkin they are the good guys... "you see a jew, you run up with w.e kind of weapon you can dig up at the moment an KILL him because they are trying to take over lebannon as a country! Do not let lebannon be run by jews!! Stand UP for Lebannon!!" NO they have NO intention of taking OVER lebannon or the world and they have made it pretty clear with the rest of the world.

IF your friend went an jacked up a Hell's Angels member for few grand in cash, Then came back an spent the night over at your place for the night WITHOUT letting you know the problems he caused, are you seriously at fault because of your friends actions? Is it ANY way your fault if your house gets raided by H.A. members and you get shit kicked, perhaps KILLED... I really dont understand how it would be your fault? Do you actually think at that point, H.A. actually cares about the innocent ones ALSO living in the same house? FUCK NO! they are going to spray the place each strapped with Uzis because thats just how they roll.... and guess what?? YOUR innocent ass is now DEAD because of your so- called "friend" who decided to fuck with such a powerful an hearltess force an expected you help him endure the hit.... Is that a TRUE "friend"?

I sure as hell hope my friends arent like that....
    Last edited by RotaryDrifter; 07-17-2006 at 12:44 PM.

My Ride
    the ladies crazay!

I just read this interesting comment in a yahoo news article that speaks to the cultural differences between Israel and Hizbollah. The palestinian guy said, "I can't believe they are doing all this for two captives. This is just an excuse," said Ali Sharara, 21...

So he really did expect the Israelis to forget about their kidnapped soldiers. Maybe he feels that it was "just an excuse" because hizbollah uses their people in Israeli jails as an excuse to attack, bomb, rocket, and kidnap israelis. Maybe he feels left out because hizbollah will, as someone said earlier, let their prisoners rot in israeli jails instead of negotiating for their release; in other words, while Israel values it's people by trying to rescue their own and telling civilians to leave vulnerable areas, hizbollah throws people away in suicide attacks and uses civilian as human sheilds. Which governing body here wants to improve the lives of it's people, and which is looking to use their people to make life miserable (and short) for the other group?

My Ride
    1992.5 Toyota Supra Turbo US Model with Toyota Nav

What is with the Double Standard.

So many people on this forum, or Canadians or Americans are affraid to critize Israel.

Every country has a right to defend itself. THAT INCLUDES LEBANON.

You people who dont know Lebanon so don't say things that are untrue. Go learn something, didnt learn anything in school? You have a computer right infront of you.

When you bomb an international airport intentionally thats TERRORISM

Harper 100% supports Israel. without question. Israel bombed the airports MANY Times.

Hezbollah as 2 prisoners. Israel has THOUSANDS of HOSTAGES. Israel ALWAYS flys over lebanon and GOES INTO LEBANON. Before these 2 prisoners.

Lebanon is a TOP tourist desintation. The word terrorism. terrorists, need to stop being used. it has nothing to do with terrorism. Expect the terrorist bombing of the Airport.

Maybe you people should stop getting your news from Israel Asper Owned. CanWest Gloabal, owns CalgaryHerald, GlobalTV and hundreds of other media.

CanWest has many problems reporting stories. Do a google search of the 2002 Montreal Gazzette issue. or the 2004 Reuters issue where they edited Reuters articles changed "resistence" to "terrorists"

Harper needs to applogize to Canada and the Lebanese Community.

The Lebanese are a loving people regardless of faith, Lebanese are made up of many faiths.

They are not against Jewish Religion. they are against Zionism/Terrorism

Ateast Islam considers Jews people of the Book, people of Abraham.

Rules of engagement say that Lebanon has the right to respond in Kind to Israel. And i would not have a problem with that, i doubt any one would.

OR SHOULD.

My Ride
    S54 M Coupe

How is bombing an airport terrorism? Airports have significant military value, in that they land transports and other jets there for delivering goods. Cratering the runways is good strategy.

My Ride
    03' SVT Cobra 10th ann vert

ya dont understand why you guys are using the term terrorists. who said the hezballa are terrorists? they are an army for lebannon, and they are defending lebannon.

and i was clapping my hands at steven harper not because 8 canadians died. i am canadian

My Ride

Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
    How is bombing an airport terrorism? Airports have significant military value, in that they land transports and other jets there for delivering goods. Cratering the runways is good strategy.
    and the world trade centre has a significant military value as well, it funds the military. so maybe the people that flue a plane into it were defending their country.

My Ride

In that case according to you, it was Lebanon that first breached an international border and committed an unprovoked act of war. So again, why shouldn't Israel defend itself?
    ok you need to get your history checked. there was alot of events that happend back in the day so you cant really point your finger.

huh targetting a building that contains thousands of civilians is not terrorisim?

These terrorists if they want 2 be called an army should fight with armies only and not by standers.

My Ride

Originally posted by CalgarySupra

Lebanon is a TOP tourist desintation.
    I don't see that.

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0198352.html

My Ride

Originally posted by 5abi
    huh targetting a building that contains thousands of civilians is not terrorisim?

These terrorists if they want 2 be called an army should fight with armies only and not by standers.
    exactly

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 ... LastLast