Quantcast
Jaywalking Pedestrian Hit in Chinatown - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaywalking Pedestrian Hit in Chinatown

My Ride
    1985 GMC Sierra... For Now :D

u need to stfu. last time i checked ur ancester came here in a boat and the old lady unlike ur ppl came here with dignity on a plane.
    guys lets leave races, cultures, etc. out of this. White people do it to, its not like we are innocent. Some times alot of us are dumber about it to.

ALTHOUGH AzN'SKillZ your only bringing yourself down to the level of the previous comment, your not only making your self look like an idiot, but further pointing out that your comment was just as racist as his. I love how when white people make a bad comment, its horrible, but then people of another color think they can make one alike and get away with it like its nothing. Like I said, YOUR ONLY LOWERING YOURSELF to their level aswell.

Come on guys lets keep the colors out of here. Let keep it clean and just discuss, maybe even lock it, cause this thread could get messy real quick if no one listens.

Originally posted by 403Gemini

probably cause it happened in CHINA town to a CHINESE person who everybody saying "the CHINESE disregard our traffic laws cause it was different over there (over there = CHINA)" lol

im not defending what he said, im just supporting where he might have gotten the idea for his comment.

Honestly i see everybody jwalking downtown and almost getting hit by trains, buses, cars and shit everyday. its not just the chinese

Darwin > j-walkers lol
    Seriously... supporting where he may have gotten the idea from? You mean his racist redneck roots?

And fuck all that about "ITS DIFFERENT OVER THERE (in China)". Cause its NOT! you retards. Chances are she came from a big city and J walking was not only illegal but a hell of alot more dangerous than J walking here in Canada.

Originally posted by Sprinter
    Good to know that the old woman is alive.

Hopefully this is a good example of driving with care especially around Chinatown. I remember driving there once and there was this guy walking on the sidewalk, then he all of a sudden just bolts across me, causing my tires to screech. Funny thing is the guy got pissed at me, and kept walking down the other side of the road as if nothing happened

lol..I can so see this happening..but not in real life..

only in like GTA or something

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

How is this at all racist? Face it, different cultures are just different. All of our cultures believe in different things, and doing things differently. Quit living life pretending that everyone is the same. Its not the peace loving holding hands party planet that we all for some reason or another have to keep pretending exists.

It aint racism, it's logic.
    Last edited by MudCrawler; 07-14-2006 at 12:19 AM.

My Ride
    2015 Lexus RX350

Originally posted by MudCrawler

Well id say its about time they learn our culture. Its no excuse to put all of us other drivers in danger because they chose to move to the other side of the planet.
    We own a restaurant on that road and i'm there almost everyday.

"Your people" jaywalk just as much as ours

My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(

Originally posted by codetrap

As one person pointed out, if she'd in critical condition but alive, she's doomed. A broken hip means she's going to die in the hospital. 80+ just don't heal, and they usually can't survive long from major accidents.

As far as coming on a boat vs a plane? How do you know she came on a plane? For all you know, she could have come on a boat as a refugee with 90 other people packed in.

It's still no excuse for her jaywalking, unless she isn't aware of what she's doing. Which in that case it's the fault of her care provider. The local law of the land is the law you have to respect, the rules from the old country simply don't apply.

So, why don't you "stfu" when it's pretty obvious you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground on this particular topic.
    im not a phob i no the traffic laws, i would hold the old lady as responsible as a 9 year old gurl playin in a playground and getting hit. accidents happen and they are just not capable of handling different situations suck as most of us. so wen ur driving by areas were there are old ppl then u should slow down and pay more attention to the road, who knows what might happen they could trip by accident and fall on the road. its commen sences just like slowing down near playgrounds school and construstion zones.

the local law "pedestrians hav the right of way" so that means do whatever it takes to avoid hitting a pedestrian.

"travel at the speed indicated on speed signs or slower depending on road conditions" the conditions on this specific block is not good cuz there are cars park in places they shouldent be, blocking sight of pedestrian and ppl jaywalking everywere.

My Ride
    JeepYJ/06VTEC What I Love: 4x4

Originally posted by jus_sum_guy

"Your people" jaywalk just as much as ours
    Thats what im saying dipshit.

Allow me to quote myself:

How is this at all racist? Face it, different cultures are just different. All of our cultures believe in different things, and doing things differently. Quit living life pretending that everyone is the same. Its not the peace loving holding hands party planet that we all for some reason or another have to keep pretending exists.

It aint racism, it's logic.
    I never once said "my people" dont jaywalk. None of you even know what race i am.

So thanks "jus_sum_guy", and jus_fuck_off.

Its funny how this somehow turned into a race thing.....

she was a fucking human being who jaywalked and got struck by a car. Who gives a fuck where she came from or what race she was.

People jaywalk all over this city....

My Ride
    NOTHING RIGHT NOW :(

if ppl stop refering to her race and trying to say that her race has any thing to do with her jaywalk. then i wouldent be so pissed.

she is an old lady and they are just not capable of taking care of themselfs like the rest of us. no matter what culture ur from being respectful to elders is a basic. so slow down and be more careful. exaclty like how everyone slows down in playground zones to avoid hitting little children that just cant handle the concept of not playin on the road or look both ways before crossing. my grandma lives downtown and she has trouble walking and uses a kane. who knows what might happen that is why u should just be more careful around that area because of all the elder ppl. (respect for elders is in every culture)

My Ride
    1985 GMC Sierra... For Now :D

im hoping this gets locked... cause this is going no where and could get alot more messier. Like i said guys just leave the race out of this.

WHITE PEOPLE JAY WALK
    ASIAN PEOPLE JAY WALK
    EVERY COLOR JAYWALKS

DROP IT, LEAVE, WHO CARES. SHE JAYWALKED, SHE GOT HIT, THATS IT. Not because she was asian, not because she was anything.

My Ride
    AWD grandpa wagon

last news... the driver was going at 60 at the time of accident.

Originally posted by Stoppie
    im hoping this gets locked... cause this is going no where and could get alot more messier. Like i said guys just leave the race out of this.

WHITE PEOPLE JAY WALK
    ASIAN PEOPLE JAY WALK
    EVERY COLOR JAYWALKS

DROP IT, LEAVE, WHO CARES. SHE JAYWALKED, SHE GOT HIT, THATS IT. Not because she was asian, not because she was anything.

Got hit, glad she's ok
    Curse you imageshack..

My Ride
    something green

Yeah everyone Jay walks, however I drove through Chinatown 8 times this week and everytime, there were people jaywalking with blatant disregard for the signals and traffic, its not that they are the only ones, but it definetly is more prevalent down there, along with double parking....Lets be real here though sensitivities asid, there are things that go on in Chinatown that would not be tolerated anywhere else in the city... Like hanging pig carcasses on your roof for weeks till they are rancid, why because its accepted practise there..Not sure what it does to the meat, I sure as hell wouldnt eat it....Anwyays...
    I can agree with the "force field" type comments though, that is the problem with having pedestrians indoctrinated with having the right of ways of cars. Peope come up to corners and with no warning whether they are going to turn 90 deg around corner or cross, they just step right out in front of moving cars with their head full "they have to stop for me".. They dont think that maybe the driver cant see them, is looking at his speedo, or daydreaming... Pedestrians are almost militant about it, they get that angry look on there faces when the walk out in front of you leaving you 12 feet to stop 8000 lbs from 50k to 0 and you squeal all 4...Like you should have been able to tell they were going to walk out from the store door directly onto the road...
    ...And as soon as they start to cross, they dont even look, its in there head, everyone has to stop for me...
    Go to a country where the cars have the right of way, its much more controlled and safer.. People dont jaywalk and actually look for cars coming.. People use the lighted crosswalks and traffic light crossings pretty much always... In Japan, they dont even have school or playground zones either... A little education early on makes a big difference...
    Too loud for Aspen

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ

im not a phob i no the traffic laws
    Are you sure about that?

This old lady is my co-workers grandmother who is in the ICU. This is also the 2nd co-worker of mine to have a relative in a pedestrian accident. Kinda scary...

Pedestrians should be aware at all times, whether its jay walking or having the right of way.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Even thought I hate jaywalker and condemn jaywalking, but it is my given rights to walk through a marked or unmarked intersection. I expect the car to STOP for me when I jog in my residential area and I am sure other people would expect me to stop if he/she were to jog or walk the dog. As a driver, we ought be careful of any people near intersection, I think it is within our responsibilities to mind our surrounding. That’s all.

It is the law in black and white. If you don't like it, get a politician to change it.

"Stop for pedestrians.
    Every intersection "WITHOUT" traffic lights is a pedestrian crosswalk, whether "MARKED" or "NOT", and pedestrians have the right of way. Vehicles must yield when a pedestrian is approaching. Once the pedestrian has gone past and is walking away from you, you may proceed. The fine for failing to yield to a pedestrian in a crosswalk or passing another vehicle stopped at a crosswalk travelling in the same direction is $575. "

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Every morning driving through downtown I get 1 or 2 people run accross 6th ave as i am driving down the road. They expect me to get on the brakes for them but I don't. The looks on their faces are priceless If I jaywalk I make sure there are no cars around at least.
    Last edited by Aleks; 07-14-2006 at 07:38 AM.

My Ride
    Hatred

Yeah i agree that a person should always be ready to stop at an intersection but pedestrians sometimes just start booting it across. Even if you have no room to stop. and they think its your fault that you can't stop in time. I slow down all the time when i see people lingering on a corner and sometimes they go sometimes they don't. Seems like some people just like to stand on the corner to trick drivers into slowing down.

But as for Jaywalking thats impossible to call. Darting out between cars thats just wrong, depending on the height of the person and height of the vehicle they might now be visible till they are in your lane. And i'm not a fan of slamming on the brakes praying my ABS stops me before the old lady gets it.

My regards to the family and friends of the lady.
    -U

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Originally posted by Aleks
    Every morning driving through downtown I get 1 or 2 people run accross 6th ave as i am driving down the road. They expect me to get on the breaks for them but I don't. The looks on their faces are priceless If I jaywalk I make sure there are no cars around at least.
    If you caught Jaywalker, good for you, bad for them. If you caught a pedestrian in a residential area, I hope they sue you until you declare bankruptcy

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."
    -- Donald Rumsfeld

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by KLCC

If you caught Jaywalker, good for you, bad for them. If you caught a pedestrian in a residential area, I hope they sue you until you declare bankruptcy
    LOL.

what do residential pedestrians have anything to do with what i said?

Anyways, this is the one of the few countries in the world where pedestrians have the right of way. Many take it too far. Sharing a road should be a mutual responsibility.
    Last edited by Aleks; 07-14-2006 at 07:53 AM.

My Ride
    Toyota, VQ35DE, B58

Originally posted by Aleks

LOL.

what do residential pedestrians have anything to do with what i said?

Anyways, this is the one of the few countries in the world where pedestrians have the right of way. Many take it too far. Sharing a road should be a mutual responsibility.
    If a driver run a red light in downtown, chances are that same driver will likely run a red light in a somewhere not in downtown. People's driving habit tends to be consistent at anywhere. All I am saying is please yield pedestrian when driving in the residential area that's all.
    I hate driver who fail to yield to pedestrian around my area, I am sure you feel the same way too.

-- Donald Rumsfeld

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast