Quantcast
Shake hands with the Devil. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Shake hands with the Devil.

Default Shake hands with the Devil.

Has anyone read this book?

What are your thoughts?

I found it very articulate and thought provoking. I found it is as good as a treatise on leadership as it is an indictment of the UN or specific nations.

The secondary title of "The Failure of Humanity in Rwanda" is very apt.

I am going to get to see Senator Dalliare speak in a few months and am really looking forward to it.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

no way, where at???

Last edited by kaput; 03-26-2019 at 07:23 PM.

5abi - He's speaking at a private conference outside of Calgary. It won't be opened up for public ticket sales or advertised unfortunately. He did speak at a dinner hosted by some charity or group in Calgary a couple months ago, but unfortunately it fell during a time when I was away from the city and could not attend. He seems to be doing a good trade in speaking engagements though, so he should come around again.

What did you think of the book?

kaput - The book is about the failed United Nations peacekeeping mission in Rwanda during the genocide of 1993. Senator Dalliare was then a Lt. General with the Canadian Army assigned to command the mission, and is in a unique position to document and judge the way the world failed Rwanda.

It is an incredibly powerful read. So much so that the co-author of the book - the professional writer who helped Dalliare form what he had to say into a cogent, readable book took her own life after completing it, and Dalliare still suffers severe PTSD from what he experienced. Dalliare kept meticulous diaries and these helped him keep remarkable detail and credibility that makes this book as good and as important as it is.
    Originally posted by 01RedDX

Eye for an eye should apply to both, like if you raped a cat, you would get raped by a bigger cat. Counselling doesn't work on animal rapists you clown.

Kaput, the book opens our eyes to how the western world treated Rawanda, how america simply by jamming radio signals with a drone plane could have stopped the genocide(or reduced it). It shows how General Dallaire was helpless due to his role as a peace keeper and not a peace maker. Its a great read, if you want to see how harsh the whole world can be for monetary gains.

Blue Goblin, i loved the book. It really opened my eyes. I always thought that France, Belgium and all those countries where all about human rights. But when it came down to making a political partner life was disposable.

Amazing read.

Barlow is offline I was under probation for 2 years

easily one of the best and mind opening books of what really goes on during these civil wars,

i wasn't able to put that book down, untill i was done, i totallly respect everything they did and endured, and to think he coulda left pretty much anytime he wanted to, and he didn't.

My Ride
    BMW 525iA.... 91

i dont think u can go near bush to shake his hand?