Quantcast
Who Makes the Most Reliable Asian Automaker? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Who Makes the Most Reliable Asian Automaker?

Lurking in some bushes outside your house
    My Ride
    S14/D21

Originally posted by SpoonEK9

mazda, nissan, kia... really bad for reliablity.

I beg to differ on the Nissan comment!!

My Ride
    Pathfinder

I work in the parts Department at a Chev dealer and I know for a fact that there are som really shitty designs....American Cars aren't even in the same class as Japanese cars. the fit and Finish of the japanese cars is far better then American Cars. but All of you saying that Subaru is owned by GM well so is Isuzu and GM owns 1/3rd of toyota. but its just like Mazda and ford and Benz and mopar. I would say toyota...even tho i broke the crank in my supra....but Toyota and honda are the most reliable

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

Originally posted by NismoS14

I beg to differ on the Nissan comment!!
    been through a lot to know if there reliable or not... and look at the post, some one posted... NISSAN AND MAZDA ARE AT THE BOTTOM...

stuborn coz you own a nissan... my familys got 3 at the moment, and they are not good for reliablity, they always get fucked up some way or another, and they cost a fuck load to fix

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

beg to differ on this lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

that chart looks pretty accurate, notice that all the above manufactures problem rate is less than the industry average (sadly u can thank domestics for that )

Professional DJ equipment for sale: Click Here

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Originally posted by SpoonEK9

been through a lot to know if there reliable or not... and look at the post, some one posted... NISSAN AND MAZDA ARE AT THE BOTTOM...

stuborn coz you own a nissan... my familys got 3 at the moment, and they are not good for reliablity, they always get fucked up some way or another, and they cost a fuck load to fix
    Looks like you had bad luck with Nissans. I've had my Altima for 2 yrs now and nothing's gone wrong with it. My friend drives a 98 Altima and he's only had routine maintenace done. Another friend drives a Stanza with 260,000 + kms on the odo and it's still going strong. So either you've had bad luck or my friends and I have had very good luck with Nissans.

Originally posted by bksze
    i dont' really understand this chart,

for Lexus it shows 159

right above it says problems per 100 cars . . . so does that mean there are 159 problems for every 100 cars sold?

that's a crazy percentage of defects . . . that means ever car sold by lexus has an average of 1.59 problems . . . that's not a good statistic and the industry average is even worse . . . why would you want to buy a car if on average, you're going to get 3.55 problems with it???

someone help me out with the interpretation cuz maybe i'm just an idiot

Depends on how the manufacturer tracks a defect, and how they define it.

For example, say if the wipers on your C320 start streaking within the warranty period, the dealership might replace them for free and counts it as a warranty repair. They would consider it a defect in order to be able to charge back M-B Canada for the parts & labour.

Now say if the same thing happened to your Accord, and the dealership says it's a wear & tear. Now you have to pay for the wiper blades and there's no defect charged to Honda Canada.

These are hypothetical examples for illustration only.

My Ride
    2001 VW Jetta 1.8 t

buy a german car man .....forget about the hondas!!......and while you are at it learn some grammer!

My Ride
    Stock 240sx fastback SE

Originally posted by altima

Looks like you had bad luck with Nissans. I've had my Altima for 2 yrs now and nothing's gone wrong with it. My friend drives a 98 Altima and he's only had routine maintenace done. Another friend drives a Stanza with 260,000 + kms on the odo and it's still going strong. So either you've had bad luck or my friends and I have had very good luck with Nissans.
    nope thats just nissan in general, its not the motor, but parts that are defective that you have to replace, coz they broke prematurely or wore to quik..

like for all the nissans, its usually electrical, on the 240, it was electrical and mechanical...

nissans or any car can run for ever, if you keep on fixing it.

*addition...
    you guys gotta stop thinking so highly of the car you drive, most of the guys on nissan forums can admit nissans arnt very reliable, and so can the mazda guys
    Last edited by SpoonEK9@STRD; 04-15-2003 at 04:06 AM.

My Ride
    L-Tuned

Originally posted by J.D. McNugent

and while you are at it learn some grammer!
    I find this statement so ironic...

buy a german car man .....forget about the hondas!!......and while you are at it learn some grammer!
    Yeah Altezza, isn't it spelled GRAMMAR? I also think he is in dire need of a lesson in comma use...

Those that post stupid sh!t like this should really double check their own spelling and grammAr before hitting the "submit reply" button.

We are discussing car reliability here, NOT grade school lessons

My Ride
    335i

look at where your car ranks...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Brick Type R, SC AW11, Alcyone

I'd still have to vouch for toyota as my family has owned a lot of cars now and toyota keeps bringing us back...

Best way to keep a car reliable though, is through regular maintenance though.
    omgwtfbbq

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Isn't Subaru made by GM?
    Yeah... its a GM duh!!!

Originally posted by Fuji

No... Subaru is a subsidiary made up by 7 companies... Fuji Heavy industries in Japan. They also R&D in areospace technology etc..

Toyota is the highest in manufaturer's quality from what I remember.

They have implemented a number of process standars such as sigma7 where only a fraction of a percent of their products are defective, plus they use a number of production controls like kanban etc. This is from a strictly process mgmt standpoint
    to add IIRC GM owns ~10% non controlling shares of FHI - fuji heavy industries which subaru is part of. so i don't know where the brainless thought of GM building subaru's came from... its sort of how renault has nissan shares... but nissan is still nissan. plus there is a sticker on my car that says "made in japan - Fuji heavy industries"... so i guess that equals GM. fuck.. i feel more stupid reading posts here by the day.

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by 2000impreza
    so i guess that equals GM. fuck.. i feel more stupid reading posts here by the day.
    Wow, did you take a "lets be a fucking dick" pill today?

I asked a fucking question, and I got the fucking response way before you had to add your input. It's nothing you need to cry about...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

I asked a fucking question, and I got the fucking response way before you had to add your input. It's nothing you need to cry about...
    Here comes the net wangsta or whatever you call them Why don't YOU chill
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Fuji is offline Track Events Co-ordinator
    My Ride
    cars

You need a timeout...

My Ride
    22 ZR2, 06 YZ250, 77 KZ1000 supercharged

Originally posted by 2000impreza

Yeah... its a GM duh!!!

but nissan is still nissan. plus there is a sticker on my car that says "made in japan - Fuji heavy industries"... so i guess that equals GM. fuck.. i feel more stupid reading posts here by the day.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK im the only basterd around here, so swearing and being a dick is my job, so quit stealing my glory hehe FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

My Ride
    Acura Lexus

This thread should die.....there is nothing else to say!
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3