Quantcast
Soundsaround Vs. Visions... - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Soundsaround Vs. Visions...

My Ride
    A 2002 Sunfire ~ not by choice!

I dunno bout the ppl at other future shops but at the one in northland mall the ppl there are all geeky and don't know ne thing... i was asking bout radar detectors and decks and subs etc. and the guy didn't know ne thing he was like um get that one (always the most expensive one) ... and then he's like ya so i'm guessing ur not gonna buy ne thing so im leaving u and it was like k wtf... and then he turned the music on really loud and left... so we couldn't even talk or ne thing! future shop sucks because of that!

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

The one at Northland has a mix of both good salespeople and terrible one's. I used to work with one of the home audio/video sales people there when I worked at Visions and he's awesome...a real good guy and very knowledgeable! On boxing day he made $1400 in commission by 4 pm....decided he didn't want to sell anymore and just fucked around and ate Subway the rest of the day!

My friend used to work in car audio at Northland Future Shop and he was one of the few that knew his shit...but he quit cause management at that store is very I guess you could stay backstabberish. But I agree with you....the people there now are dumbasses...I was in there today to buy the Transporter dvd and decided to see what they had to offer. Dude didn't know very much...basically had a semi-understanding of car audio...could tell he learned all his shit from reading mags!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

ok here's a tip. never EVER take your deck or anything on warranty back to the store. they won't do shit about it. what you do is take it to southland crossing tv (it's not in southland crossing mall anymore as i found out on foot). they do all the warranty work for sony, jvc, toshiba all that. whenever i have any electronics fuckin up, i take it there. they're quick and since it's on warranty. free.

as for the service, i've had ABSOLUTELY no problems with soundsaround. so i'm gonna keep going back. naturally and understandably, if u've had a bad experience u'll never go back. it's the store's loss. but given the high volume of customers they have and the nature of the retail business. people are bound to hear more bad about a store than good.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

Originally posted by B17a
    The thing about Soundsaround is their prices are all BS. The price you get is based on what you can work your way down to, posted prices are there just for the sake of it. Sometimes I can't be bothered to waste an afternoon dickering with a salesguy. WTF is the price? Just get to it and lets move on, I don't have time to play flea-market here.
    i hate to tell you this, but that happens more often than u think. unless u go to a place like wal-mart where their pricing strategy really is Everyday Low Price, you're going to see high markups.

Given that soundsaround staff get paid on commission, it's not surprising. it's the same for cars. there's sticker price, and then there's haggled price.

do u ever shop at a place like latitude? that's what they do. they price a lot of their clothes at super high prices that only the ridiculously trendy and rich would buy at, and then they hold constant sales for the everyday person who thinks the 25% off they're getting actually is a deal when it's probably the msrp for the shirt.

My Ride
    2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Originally posted by sexualbanana
    ok here's a tip. never EVER take your deck or anything on warranty back to the store. they won't do shit about it. what you do is take it to southland crossing tv (it's not in southland crossing mall anymore as i found out on foot). they do all the warranty work for sony, jvc, toshiba all that. whenever i have any electronics fuckin up, i take it there. they're quick and since it's on warranty. free.

as for the service, i've had ABSOLUTELY no problems with soundsaround. so i'm gonna keep going back. naturally and understandably, if u've had a bad experience u'll never go back. it's the store's loss. but given the high volume of customers they have and the nature of the retail business. people are bound to hear more bad about a store than good.
    Whose warranty are you talking about?! Cause if you buy the warranty from Future Shop which I honestly recommend it's pretty much a straight replacement. I know what you're saying...what if they don't have the same product cause the model line doesn't exist? Well then they replace it for you for the next best thing.

Even if you have the manufactures warranty and take it in all they'll do for you is send it out and you'll probably never see it again. I've heard plenty of stories. So I suggest the extended warranty from them cause they'll just replace your shit for you! Everything I buy from FS has an extended warranty....but it makes it easier to buy the warranty when you're getting the product for super cheap!

My Ride
    Altima Se-R

i've use the the manufacturer's warranty (and extended) at southland tv and it's worked for me all times.

My Ride
    Honda 6.5HP lawn mower

why there is no one mention about audio concept or auto temp. i think these shop is pretty cool too
    my V-TEC is same as me. never awake

My Ride
    A 2002 Sunfire ~ not by choice!

i've heard auto temp is a cool store but i've never been 2 either of those... auto zeal on 16th is a pretty cool store 2...

My Ride
    957,958,NC1,NC3,E90,ITR

Originally posted by offlimitz_chick
    i've heard auto temp is a cool store but i've never been 2 either of those... auto zeal on 16th is a pretty cool store 2...
    What does autozeal have anything to do with car audio....?

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    No matter how cheap the prices are at soundsaround, a lot of people here hate that shop and everything about it.
    I will never shop at soundsaround again, after they installed my deck. $400 in repairs later all of the electronics, (airbag, climate control, interior lights, etc.) worked again. Bastards....

My Ride
    335i

Originally posted by memystealthandi

I will never shop at soundsaround again, after they installed my deck. $400 in repairs later all of the electronics, (airbag, climate control, interior lights, etc.) worked again. Bastards....

Didn't they also fail to warranty a Rockford amp that you bought?

I remember someone complaining that they would not repair the amplifier because the person used the wrong sized box for his subwoofer...
    Original Post NAZI Moderated

Originally posted by r3cc0s
    Felon or Mistermeiner

My Ride
    Cayman, F150, Crosstour

Originally posted by Weapon_R

Didn't they also fail to warranty a Rockford amp that you bought?

I remember someone complaining that they would not repair the amplifier because the person used the wrong sized box for his subwoofer...
    That wasn't me, it was someone else. I remember the thread though.

-R

Default Re: Totally not true

Originally posted by princess
    The prices at Visions have always been and will always be better than anywhere else. Factor in that the salespeople (salesmen) are way cuter at Visions then anywhere else in town and that makes it a better deal. Visions rocks and that is all I have to say!!Visions has younger, sexy salesmen when other places have old worn out washed out smokers. Baby if you give it to me I give it to you - you know what I want you got it-- ask for a deal (and show your boobs) and you will get it !!!!

uhhh...sure....

you must be a classy lady!

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Default Re: Totally not true

Baby if you give it to me I give it to you - you know what I want you got it-- ask for a deal (and show your boobs) and you will get it !!!!
    Last time I was at visions, I showed the guy my man boobs, and they kicked me out .
    Factor in that the salespeople (salesmen) are way cuter at Visions then anywhere else in town and that makes it a better deal. Visions rocks and that is all I have to say!!Visions has younger, sexy salesmen when other places have old worn out washed out smokers.
    You want a banner to go with that propaganda?

Seriously, if you want to make a case against people complaining about Visions, you need to find better examples than "cute salesmen".
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Lincoln Naviga-tah

Default When to be a whore

How Pricing Works at electronics stores in Calgary:

FS- there is no better deal unless you speak another language
    IS- you can show your boobs and get a deal
    A&B- they may give you a free CD- without showing any boobs
    Soundsaround- try showing your boobs and see what happens
    Visions -- although there is no better looking sales people at any store in town that you would like to show your boobs to- they are all very ethical and will not give a deal for showing boobs. And they dont have to because they already have the best prices in town.

My Ride
    Lincoln Naviga-tah

Default Better Example for rage2

I'm sorry I should have used a better example than "cute salespeople" in my defense against Visions. Ok here is my "REAL" example:
    #1) They ALWAYS have better prices and if you find that they don't they will beat it
    #2) They have the best extended warranty program out of everyone--you get your money back if you don't use it!!!
    #3) They do have cute salesmen (and girls if UR a Guy)
    #4) They are a Canadian company- why give $$ to othe countries while our province and Country are suffering from Mad Cow and SARS and other things? As far as I know everyone else is owned by Other countries
    #5) They give away free hot dogs all the time
    #6) All their salesmen are very cute

CIAO!

My Ride
    MDX

Holy shit another dead thread brought back from the grave. Thanks newbie troll.

My Ride
    1989 s10

SOUNDSAROUND 32ave hands down.. no question ask's, and no further with this thread.. its soundsaround and thats all there is to it..... dont even talk shit bout it... cuz ill hit back with some more shit, dont bother postin if its agianst soundsaround... i mean anything, thanks for following

-db

Visions has always treated me like a good customer, never bullshitted me, always treated me the same, when I first went in and spent... $300 I think it was on an amp, and then went back a few months later and dropped about $1500. Always dealt with the same guy, had awesome experience, and will always be going back.

A&B Sound is a good place as well, I've bought my alarms and decks there, nice sales staff, good warranty department (had a claim once).

Future Shop doesn't carry a LOT of brand names, mostly lower end stuff (altho they do have Kenwood and a small selection of RF). Some of their sales staff is ok, some aren't.

International Stereo sucks. No one in there knows anything, and they just want to sell you the most expensive stuff, and they try too hard. They're also very pushy.

Soundsaround. These guys take the cake. Went in there once looking for a radar detector. Waited 15min until a sales guy noticed I was waiting at the cash counter, asked me what I needed, so I asked him about the detector. He said yeah they have it, and walked off and started playing with a CD deck.

Went in on ANOTHER occasion (yes, I gave them a second chance), was looking at some of their alarm systems. Sales guy came after about 10min of looking (better time than last time!), so I asked him about their various alarm systems. He asked what kind of car I drive. I told him a 93 Swift (at the time I was shopping for the Swift's alarm). He kinda laughed and walked off. Funny, cause I walked out the door, went about a block down the street to my favorite car electronics shop (which will remain nameless), and got my alarm there

Originally posted by )v(ortal
    SOUNDSAROUND 32ave hands down.. no question ask's, and no further with this thread.. its soundsaround and thats all there is to it..... dont even talk shit bout it... cuz ill hit back with some more shit, dont bother postin if its agianst soundsaround... i mean anything, thanks for following

-db
    Oh yeah, and we have to talk to your installer, cause he's the only good guy, blah blah blah.

Everyone always says "talk to this guy and say that I sent you there, you'll get a good deal" and shit like that. Why do we have to present ourselves as knowing someone else in order to get good service? Does this mean that the average joe that walks in who doesn't know anyone gets shitty service? Sorry, I don't like two-tiered service levels

So keep going to your beloved Soundsaround, most people here have enough bad experiences.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast