Soundsaround Vs. Visions... - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Soundsaround Vs. Visions...

My Ride
    1989 s10

sputnick ur soo wrong dumb ass

Originally posted by )v(ortal
    sputnick ur soo wrong dumb ass
    What the fuck is your problem? How many times do we need to tell you about bad experience at Soundsaround? The majority of this board does NOT like Soundsaround, deal with it and stop calling people names

My Ride
    2009 Lancer GTS

I prefer Soundsarround over Visions, especially for home theatre. But i like Audio Concepts Mobile for car audio, They're very knowledgeable there, even though it's pretty expensive there, your payin' for quality there.

My Ride
    2009 Lancer GTS

Default Re: Better Example for rage2

[QUOTE]Originally posted by princess
    [B]I'm sorry I should have used a better example than "cute salespeople" in my defense against Visions. Ok here is my "REAL" example:
    #1) They ALWAYS have better prices and if you find that they don't they will beat it

not true. There were some speakers at visions that i really wanted, but they were too expensive, so i went to another store who doesn't supply them, but they were gonna bring them in for me for a couple hundred $ cheaper than visions sale price!! I brought the quote from the guy to visions and they wouldn't beat it for me, so i got them from the other store.

As far as I am concerned this is where I do the majority of my shopping...

A&B Sound for all smaller purchases. (ie Car Audio, Alarms, Remote Starters, Phones, DVD Players etc)

Loyalty Sound for all high end stuff. (ie. Home Theatre, Speakers, Speaker Wire etc)

---

As for International Stereo I have a great story about their horrible sales staff. First off, they hire the pushiest losers and "6-beer chicks" for their sales staff. The guys try to look professional, but in reality they are just punks wearing cheap shirts and ties, and the borderline chicks try dressing slutty and think you will buy just because they are "hot".

So anyways, I walk into IS (killing time waiting for my gf to get out of Jacob at Chinook) just before I bought my NAD T762 and take a look at the Harman Kardon receivers, and this chick walks up to me and says... "those are the BEST receivers you can buy... because HK INVENTED the receiver"... i humour her and laugh... and she goes on telling me how great they are... so I ask her how they compare with the NAD receiver I was going to buy and she has no idea who NAD is... and then tries to find someone that is familiar with NAD... she asks some guy who is busy and returns and says ... "its exactly the same... however the HK will be cheaper"... i point to the shelf of receivers and ask her... "which HK are you talking about?"... then looks at me and asks me which one I want...

i just leave...

My Ride
    firebird

Originally posted by sputnik

As for International Stereo I have a great story about their horrible sales staff. First off, they hire the pushiest losers and "6-beer chicks" for their sales staff. The guys try to look professional, but in reality they are just punks wearing cheap shirts and ties, and the borderline chicks try dressing slutty and think you will buy just because they are "hot".

So anyways, I walk into IS (killing time waiting for my gf to get out of Jacob at Chinook) just before I bought my NAD T762 and take a look at the Harman Kardon receivers, and this chick walks up to me and says... "those are the BEST receivers you can buy... because HK INVENTED the receiver"... i humour her and laugh... and she goes on telling me how great they are... so I ask her how they compare with the NAD receiver I was going to buy and she has no idea who NAD is... and then tries to find someone that is familiar with NAD... she asks some guy who is busy and returns and says ... "its exactly the same... however the HK will be cheaper"... i point to the shelf of receivers and ask her... "which HK are you talking about?"... then looks at me and asks me which one I want...

i just leave...
    haha.....those people are a disgrace to the electronics industry....:tongue:

I have laughed at their approach and the way they try and brag about their shit too....its pretty pathetic....
    "I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
    -Thomas Jefferson 1802

No matter how much we all debate between Visions and Soundsaround, I think we can ALL agree that International Stereo sucks ass

Originally posted by link785
    No matter how much we all debate between Visions and Soundsaround, I think we can ALL agree that International Stereo sucks ass

Originally posted by Weapon_R
    No matter how cheap the prices are at soundsaround, a lot of people here hate that shop and everything about it.

You must work for soundsaround or something. You keep promoting them when almost everyone I know can't stand to walk into that store.
    I FUCKING HATE SOUNDSAROUND..I will never ever ever buy anything from that fucking franchise again. The people are complete dick heads (32ave location of course) they don't warantee jack shit even though you pay 150 bucks for an extended warranty! If theres a difference of $50 bucks with another store..chose the other store and at least you'll get good service instead of getting it cheaper and ending up paying more in the long run.

My Ride
    G35x

Every electronics store contains salesman with poor product knowledge. Some places have more than others. But theres alwayz at least 1 person who knowz their shit, you just gotta figure out who it is.

As far as overall products go:

Soundsaround = Garbage except for some high end stuff
    Visions = Garbage except for some home audio
    Future shop = Good home theatre but poor car audio
    A & B = Generally good, excellent car audio.

The above is my opinion. Don't hate.

My Ride
    Volvo, '84 764ti, '79 242GT

Originally posted by offlimitz_chick
    ya that's totally true! future shop is the worst by far! and the ppl there don't even know shit! and now that we're talking bout shitty places... international stereo is WAY overpriced and the ppl are totally pushy and don't know ne thing there either!
    hahah int'l stereo

i have bought stuff there with a retail value of around 2600

i have payed only around 1500, haha love stores that have close out sales

hahahahaha int'l stereo, did they ever think they would survive in calgary???
    like really

ciao
    VOLVO - not just a car, it's an addiction.
    Originally posted by rage2
    How about Oprah? She should be fined too. As a man, I find her show offensive as fuck.

My Ride
    cd7 coupe

This thread is soooooooooo OLD and International Stereo closed like a year ago

My Ride
    2004 Toyota Voltz

No kidding. I looked at the original post from early 2003.,.. then the the 'latest' post... holy DEAD THREAD batman!

My Ride
    purple people eater

who cares, everybody makes some good points

1) Soundsaround's warranty service blows. I blew my JL 500/1, they sent it away August 18th, and I didn't get it back until Boxing Day, and that's only because I spent a month complaining day in, day out, every time getting "I'm in a meeting with my managers tomorrow, I'll bring it up then", until I finally just got them to give me a new one out of inventory, like six months later.
    2) Future Shop's warranty service blows. I bought an extended warranty there because the salesman told me I would always get a new product out of inventory rather then having to wait for it to be sent out and then come back from the manufacturer, but noooo they always insist on sending it away no matter how many times I point out to them I bought the god damn warranty so I didn't have to wait for my stuff to come back.
    3) A&B is a good shop with good prices and good salesmen. They'd get my dollars from here on out except I want Phoenix Gold stuff so I stuck with Soundsaround...

Originally posted by BumpinTalon
    1) Soundsaround's warranty service blows. I blew my JL 500/1, they sent it away August 18th, and I didn't get it back until Boxing Day, and that's only because I spent a month complaining day in, day out, every time getting "I'm in a meeting with my managers tomorrow, I'll bring it up then", until I finally just got them to give me a new one out of inventory, like six months later.
    2) Future Shop's warranty service blows. I bought an extended warranty there because the salesman told me I would always get a new product out of inventory rather then having to wait for it to be sent out and then come back from the manufacturer, but noooo they always insist on sending it away no matter how many times I point out to them I bought the god damn warranty so I didn't have to wait for my stuff to come back.
    3) A&B is a good shop with good prices and good salesmen. They'd get my dollars from here on out except I want Phoenix Gold stuff so I stuck with Soundsaround...
    You should always read the literature available at all these stores regarding their warranty services as some of their staff will tell you anything to sell the warranty.

At Futureshop they will replace your unit ONLY IF they cannot fix it. They will also guarantee you a replacement if any servicing takes more than 60 days.

Sounds Around by the looks of things just doesn't have a time guarantee, again it probably says that on the back of their receipt in the fine print. I know it USED to say that if the manufacturer discontinues the product they also have a right to discontinue your extended coverage too!

If price is the only thing that matters buy your electronics at Soundsaround where they will liquidate anything to get a sale! haha
    ---

My Ride
    750Li

I used to work at soundsaround for quite awhile, if its a deal you are looking for go to Soundsaround, any sales person can sell everything as low as cost plus 10%, its up to them so you have alot more haggling opportunity, soundsaround in myopinion has higher grade and quality equipment, and will POSITIVELY get you a better price
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Personally, I don't mind any of those stores but I don't like one more than the other. I do have a lot of concerns with Soundsaround's return policy. I paid for something that wasn't in stock and they said it would be in stock in a week. It was a xmas present so I had 2 months. It never came in and it was 1.5 months later; so I said I'll just return it. They said they can't refund my money... I bitched and they refused to give me the money upfront; I had to wait a week for the head office to send me a cheque -> which is

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5